PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2011 season: The Jets Suck (merged a lot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NY radio will be great tomorrow, as will the ensuing fallout from within the New Jersey Jest.

Yes kids, doubters, and NJJ fans...the Jest suck.

If the Giants lose, there won't be enough bridge space in all of NY/NJ for the jumpers.

Rex-"I'm not a loser".

I am still kinda torn. Although I enjoy the Jets' meltdown immensly. The Sanchez and Santonio Holmes meltdowns couldn't be better entertainment.

That said, part of me kinda wished the Pats saw the Jets in the Division Round of the playoffs. First, it would be like a second bye week because they are that bad. Second, I want real revenge for last January. I think the Pats would have won a playoff game vs. the Jets by 3-4 TDs.

I am still kinda torn. Although I enjoy the Jets' meltdown immensly. The Sanchez and Santonio Holmes meltdowns couldn't be better entertainment.

That said, part of me kinda wished the Pats saw the Jets in the Division Round of the playoffs. First, it would be like a second bye week because they are that bad. Second, I want real revenge for last January. I think the Pats would have won a playoff game vs. the Jets by 3-4 TDs.

What makes you think they would have beaten Houston? I don't think it would've mattered because they weren't coming here anyway.

What makes you think they would have beaten Houston? I don't think it would've mattered because they weren't coming here anyway.

They probably wouldn't. I just wonder if the Pats embarrassing them in the playoffs rather than watching them meltdown in the regular season would be more satisfying.

2011, Brian Hoyer vs. Mark Sanchez

Brian Hoyer:

1 comp. 1 att. 100%compct. 22 yards 0 TDs 0 INTs 118.8 RTG

Mark Sanchez:

308 comp. 543 att. 56.7%compct. 3,474 yards 26 TDs 18 INTs 78.2 RTG

Hoyer owned Sanchez this year. :D

2011, Brian Hoyer vs. Mark Sanchez

Brian Hoyer:

1 comp. 1 att. 100%compct. 22 yards 0 TDs 0 INTs 118.8 RTG

Mark Sanchez:

308 comp. 543 att. 56.7%compct. 3,474 yards 26 TDs 18 INTs 78.2 RTG

Hoyer owned Sanchez this year. :D

LMAO...........:singing:

We all knew Ryan's act would have an expiration date. His loosy-goosy and no accountabily style can only work for so long. It possibly has passed it expiration date this year.

Ryan has only himself to blame for this disaster. Making Holmes a captain was a monumental mistake. It was like Belichick advised him to make Holmes a captain tricking Ryan to submarine his team from inside the locker room. Being a captain is earned, you don't give a player a captain patch because he is a high priced, talented WR who lacks motivation and you think this will motivate him. There is a reason why Holmes was given away from Pittsburgh for nothing and I wonder after today if the Jets can really take him back.

Jets fans think this is going to be an easy fix, but this team really needs a huge make over. Firing Schottenheimer is the popular choice, but I think there needs to be wholesale changes on the team like Belichick did with this team after 2009. Is Ryan good enough to make this team a playoff contender while rebuilding like Belichick did? I doubt it.

Right now, I would say the Dolphins are the Pats biggest competition for the AFC East in 2012.

Yeah, and in his press conference, Rexy said:

“I looked out there, and I was wondering why he wasn’t out there myself,” coach Rex Ryan said. “I didn’t bench Santonio. You’ll have to ask him.”

So Rexy (a) answers the question when he should just shut the bleep up, and (b) admits he has no idea what his players are doing!

The Jets self-immolation is going full blast right now.

It seems the Jets fans are falling in love with everyone else's backup QBs right now. :eek:

Hey, maybe they'll get all hot and bothered for Hoyer, he's got a 100% completion rating! :D

The Jets lost and we are all happy about it. It is great Rex has to eat his words again. However they are done for the season, so after today I hope we can all move on and not have 5 Jets threads on the main page. They are done for this year so I hope we are done talking about them until after the super bowl. Of course that starts on Monday...today it is open season!!!!:) :)

Last edited:
LT in his press conference said the whole team has been questioning holmes work ethic and passion all year

this is going to get good :rocker:

nobody is a classier backstabber than LaClassydone

They probably wouldn't. I just wonder if the Pats embarrassing them in the playoffs rather than watching them meltdown in the regular season would be more satisfying.

The thought of them in the playoffs makes me cringe, A week of Rex talking about how tuff his team is,potentially winning the 1st PO game sparking more talk of heroics, championship caliber BS, self-touting blowhardisms gone wild and more.

Like your thinking, I just rather have em in the local garbage dump ASAP.:)

Last edited:
Yeah, and in his press conference, Rexy said:

“I looked out there, and I was wondering why he wasn’t out there myself,” coach Rex Ryan said. “I didn’t bench Santonio. You’ll have to ask him.”

So Rexy (a) answers the question when he should just shut the bleep up, and (b) admits he has no idea what his players are doing!

The Jets self-immolation is going full blast right now.

It seems the Jets fans are falling in love with everyone else's backup QBs right now. :eek:

Hey, maybe they'll get all hot and bothered for Hoyer, he's got a 100% completion rating! :D

I saw that quote and I am thinking , "You are the head coach and you have no idea why your $50 million WR is sitting on the bench and then you are stupid enough to admit it in the press conference?!?" He might as well said "I have lost control of my team."

I don't think so, because making the playoffs is a reward in its own right and gives a team something to build on. Playoff experience is a very valuable thing, even if a team fails. It's a good thing they didn't make it.

BTW why do so many Jet fans think that top-tier free agents would consider coming to the Jets?

BTW why do so many Jet fans think that top-tier free agents would consider coming to the Jets?

Everyone wants to play for Rex Ryan. Well, maybe they used to. I think players may not think it is all that great anymore with all the internal problems this team had this year.

LOL at this pepsi commercial. Jets would be better off if pepsi truck hit all of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe