PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2011 season: The Jets Suck (merged a lot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Schein, the Jets fan host on Sirius NFL Radio, predicts the Jets will win today because they "have all the match ups". He said the Jets defense is struggling and will have trouble covering the three headed monster of Jackson, Floyd, and Gates and their run defense will be unable to stop Ryan Matthews and Tolbert. He also talked how the Jets offense has seriously struggled out of the gate and that they can't get the running game going. That's why he thinks the Jets will win based on a big game by Sanchez and the offense.

The funny thing he made such a good case on why the Jets are going to lose, it is a wonder why the Jets would even show up. Then he picked the Jets.

Let's go chargers....F NY

Lets get them to 3-4 headed into the bye

I just don't get how they all say...give him time he will come around..it's been 3 years and he got worse this year

Turns out the chargers suck even more.

Chargers really are the better team, they just pissed this one away.

LOL that was a great final drive down the field in the final 90 secs. :rolleyes:

12 yards in the 2nd half.

oh yeah, their the better team.

LOL that was a great final drive down the field in the final 90 secs. :rolleyes:

12 yards in the 2nd half.

oh yeah, their the better team.

They had your team down by two scores TWICE and pissed it away. They should have coasted but proceeded to shoot themselves in both feet. What's so hard to understand about that? If you think this game was a "statement" of some sort by New Jersey, you're predictably delusional.

I just don't get how they all say...give him time he will come around..it's been 3 years and he got worse this year

Sanchez is developing into a very average, low-to-middle-of-the-pack NFL Quarterback.

I don't ever see any flashes of brilliance that some (notably Jets fans and the occasional annalist) often claim. All he displays are flashes of competency among quite a few yearly slumps. After three years, I think Jets fans need to face the fact that he's more then likely going to be mediocre.

At the very best, I project his potential as a system QB that won't be the reason you lose to many games but also won't win you to many on his arm either. And at the worst he becomes another failed Jet's QB who's cut after a disappointing, INT-laden season.

They had your team down by two scores TWICE and pissed it away. They should have coasted but proceeded to shoot themselves in both feet. What's so hard to understand about that? If you think this game was a "statement" of some sort by New Jersey, you're predictably delusional.

shoulda, coulda, woulda. :blahblah:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sanchez is developing into a very average, low-to-middle-of-the-pack NFL Quarterback.

I don't ever see any flashes of brilliance that some (notably Jets fans and the occasional annalist) often claim. All he displays are flashes of competency among quite a few yearly slumps. After three years, I think Jets fans need to face the fact that he's more then likely going to be mediocre.

At the very best, I project his potential as a system QB that won't be the reason you lose to many games but also won't win you to many on his arm either. And at the worst he becomes another failed Jet's QB who's cut after a disappointing, INT-laden season.

4 tds, 1 called back for a rediculous holding, and Sanchez is average. Geez you guys are a spoiled bunch....

In my opinion, Sanchez is better than we want to give him credit for. The Chargers are the Chargers. They did today what the Chargers do, whether coached by Norv or Marty. The Jets are, if nothing else, resilient and they're tough-minded, particularly at home. The Jets fans think we get all of the calls and we think they do. Today, I think they got more than their share. I despise the Jets, but I don't think they ever quit and a team with good talent, good coaching (I hate Fatso, also) and what seems like a fair amount of luck will always be a tough out. If they make the play-offs, they'll be a worthy opponent. With all of that said, I hate myself for admitting it, but I believe it's the truth.

Last edited:
Norv Turner and Philip Rivers are clueless right now. I don't blame river for the tipped ball pick, that is typical Jets luck. The other one was awful.

But how in the hell do you not call 2 plays at a time when you have no timeouts and 1:30 let to play? And why throw the ball out of bounds on the last play? And what the hell were those formations in the "hurry up"?

Their decisions are beyond stupid. It's like Tony Romo playing the Jets all over again. How to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory guys!!!!!

Last edited:
4 tds, 1 called back for a rediculous holding, and Sanchez is average. Geez you guys are a spoiled bunch....

I'd say he's probably slightly below average. But that may change, given the lack of competent QBing in the league this year.

He is a mid-level NFL QB right now. He has some very good games and then some awful games. He will be as good as his OL and receivers allow him to be. He is not a top 10 QB in the NFL.

You guys miss it with Sanchez. We all know he isn't a great QB, and he does look God awful at times but he does find ways to win. Many were on this board saying the same thing last year, and what happened? He lead them to the AFC Championship again. You can hand pick 5 or 6 games from last year, where he didn't even look like a good college QB, but somehow he got them to the playoffs, and lead them to the AFC Championship game.

This may sound crazy, but the only team that could stop us from getting to the Super Bowl this year is the Jets, and Sanchez' post season moxy is a big reason why. That is why I am pissed the Chargers blew it today. They could've put the Jets in a big hole.

You guys miss it with Sanchez. We all know he isn't a great QB, and he does look God awful at times but he does find ways to win. Many were on this board saying the same thing last year, and what happened? He lead them to the AFC Championship again. You can hand pick 5 or 6 games from last year, where he didn't even look like a good college QB, but somehow he got them to the playoffs, and lead them to the AFC Championship game.

This may sound crazy, but the only team that could stop us from getting to the Super Bowl this year is the Jets, and Sanchez' post season moxy is a big reason why. That is why I am pissed the Chargers blew it today. They could've put the Jets in a big hole.

I disagree that the Jets are the only team stopping the Pats from getting to the Super Bowl. I fear Baltimore far more. Possibly the Texans. I still don't even know if I think the Jets will get to the playoffs. The Chargers played like crap today and gave the Jets too many opportunities.

I can still see the Jets losing to the Bills (possibly twice), Pats, Giants, Redskins (not as much after today and last week), and possibly the Chiefs (if their resurrection is not a mirage). They could still be 9-7 and miss the playoffs. They have yet to show that they can beat a team bringing their A game.

As for previous years, the Pats were too pass oriented and the Jets had a dominant defense. The Jets defense is definitely flawed and can be exploited. And the Pats have shown a commitment to the run. Rex has to show he can adjust to that.

The Jets could be right in it at the end and could fix their problems, but they still show a lot of flaws on both side of the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes