PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2011 season: The Jets Suck (merged a lot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you were smarter than to look for objective football discussion in this of all threads. :confused:

============================================

With all the earth quakes and hurricanes of late I am kinda flummoxed.:confused:

I love this "analysis" of the Jets-Giants game:

It was obvious to all that know enough about the game that the Jets were straight vanilla in everything they were doing on both offense and defense. They showed nothing on offense, basic sets, no motions, no shifting, no audibles, or very little, line-up and play, it was that obvious. I also felt that they kept an extra TE for most of the night and wanted to protect Sanchez. They didn't work the middle of the field at all, strictly sideline, and really nothing down field.

The Lions legitimately beat up on the Pats but the Jets 1st string sucking on offense is no biggie, they were playing vanilla, according to the Jets' fan narrative. Can someone explain to me how, punting 5 out of 7 times and fumbling, they were unable to successfully execute even this very vanilla offensive strategy?

The theme among Jets fans these days is that Schottenheimer is holding Sanchez back with his playcalling. Is it possible that it's the other way around?

Last edited:
Or even better this (all taken from JI, btw):

I was fully expecting the bad play from both offenses.

They hadn't practiced since Thursday

To their credit, a lot of Jets fans rightfully trashed Sanchez tonight. But the ones who watch balls bouncing off of the back of receivers' heads and attribute that to a "vanilla scheme" are helplessly delusional.

When their mirage of Sanchez jumping to elite status as the Jets drop 25 ppg combined with a top 5 defense en route to a 13-win season and a SB win doesn't come true, those boards are going to implode. If you went on a Jets board right now and predicted a 9-7 or even 10-6 season with a possible playoff miss they would run you out of town.

Last edited:
I love this "analysis" of the Jets-Giants game:

The Lions legitimately beat up on the Pats but the Jets 1st string sucking on offense is no biggie, they were playing vanilla, according to the Jets' fan narrative. Can someone explain to me how, punting 5 out of 7 times and fumbling, they were unable to successfully execute even this very vanilla offensive strategy?

The theme among Jets fans these days is that Schottenheimer is holding Sanchez back with his playcalling. Is it possible that it's the other way around?

What is funny, the same guys on the JI board who mocked us for saying the Pats were in a vanilla nickel defense and that the offense was trying to work on the deep pass and didn't make adjustments to stop the pass rush vs. the Lions are the same ones who dismiss the Jets' offense poor performance because the Jets were in a vanilla offense. They are probably too big of homers to realize how ridiculously hypocritical they are.

So everyone know for sure what this past week means:

The Pats' getting blasted by the Lions = The Pats are heading to .500

Sanchez poor performance vs. the Giants = Proof Sanchez is ready to step up into the elite ranks

Ochocinco struggling = bust trade for the Pats

Plaxico and Mason being invisible last night (ok, Mason did have two catches for 9 yards) = Major upgrades over Edwards and Cotchery

If we just accept these simple facts, it will be easier for all of to accept the Pats' 7-9 season while the Jets go 19-0. :rolleyes:

I personally thought the preseason is just the preseason and you can't read too much into it even in blowouts, but I have learned that is the case unless the Pats suck and then it is a measuring stick for the regular season and a major dress rehearsal.

BTW, the Jets fans always hate their OC. They always blame the OC rather than ever blame the QB who is throwing the ball and his limitations.

Last edited:
mark-sanchez.jpg

Just saying.:cool:

mark-sanchez.jpg

Just saying.:cool:

We were sitting around the office today wondering what is the proper attire for a guy in his mid-20s to wear to go to a Justin Beiber concert to troll for high school girls. Now we have our answer.

Is that a mink coat over his back??

mark-sanchez.jpg

Don Johnson called and he wants his pants back.

Go Cowboys!! Never thought I'd type that.

mark-sanchez.jpg

Looks like the Green Beans will catch a break with so many Cowboys injured. Too bad.

mark-sanchez.jpg

Britney Spears called and said they are her pants and she wants them back. How do the the Jets keep doing this? They suck. They know they suck. And they keep bringing in guys who make them suck even more.

I wonder if he is wearing pantyhose under that outfit.

It's gotten to the point where I feel almost as bad when the Green Beans win as I do when the Patriots lose. :eek:

It was either cheer for the Jets or cheer for the Cowboys...a situation similar to having to choose between either AIDS or cancer...

I had to pick the Jets, considering that I can never get behind supporting America's Bandwagon down in Dallas. Also, if Dallas won, we'd be hearing the America's Game crowd come out and then them telling us how they're all god's little children...

It's gotten to the point where I feel almost as bad when the Green Beans win as I do when the Patriots lose. :eek:

I was standing up pacing around before the Jests got that game winning FG.

It was either cheer for the Jets or cheer for the Cowboys...a situation similar to having to choose between either AIDS or cancer...

I had to pick the Jets, considering that I can never get behind supporting America's Bandwagon down in Dallas. Also, if Dallas won, we'd be hearing the America's Game crowd come out and then them telling us how they're all god's little children...

I still wanted a Cowboys win to help the Pats. But rooting for Romo and the Cowboys was excruciating, not because I dislike them but because they take sucking to a whole nother level which I had forgotten even exists. Sucking, I was reminded, begins in the mind before it filters down to the body.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back