PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tell me BB is not going to the Giants!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady vs. Eli

Ben Watson & Thomas, Maroney, Mankins vs. limited run game, Shockey and Plaxico

The chance to make history vs. the lack thereof

Staying in one place where you're happy and have everything you want - evokative of his father's experience at Navy.

It's possible this is a last-hurrah run, but I doubt it. I think it's just that we have holes on the roster and a good amount of cap room.

I just don't get the "we're improving this year so he MUST be leaving" thing. So I guess, by extension of that logic, if BB wanted to stay with New England he would sit on his a** and a pile of money? Not improve the team at all? That just makes no sense.

Those rumors are just rumors, yes, but Pioli's oddly phrased statement of his return to N.E., coupled with the secrecy in which BB's contract status is shrouded, coupled with Coughlin's one-year extension - there is some smoke there. And it's not just over at wishful thinking sites like jetsinsider.com.

That said, I think he's staying.

BB has a greater chance of heading up the Ron Borges fan club than going to the Giants.

There may be something to this.Remember he bought a condo for his girlfriend and her kids in NY city a few months ago.

I keep reading that the only reason we are so active in FA this year is because this is BB last year with us. He is moving to the Giants next year.
Give me some good news that he is staying or do we know?
go follow the red sox and worry about them this is a stupid post with no evidece or facts, enjoy the offseason rather than worrying about something stupid, is the sky falling too?

this isnt BB last year, last season was his last year but he signed an undisclosed contract

Yeah; I do feel better now

Like I said; this is the talk on other boards.
Eli or Brady.... ha ha

If you can't learn to take what you hear on "other boards" for what it is, wishful thinking on the part of fans whose team have been massively disappointing underachievers, perhaps you should stop reading them.

why will BB leave the Pats to coach a bunch of bums?
Plus BB despise loudmouths (Shockey, Plax etc)

All this BB to the Giants was started by Felger and Borges.

Their reasoning was:

1. BB's contract status is an unknown but the theory is there's a mutual year to year option.

2. Tom Coughlin was given a one year extension.

3. Pioli and BB both loved the Giants growing up and would consider that the ultimate job.

They basically had nothing else to go with that week so they generated a story basic on circumstantial evidence and no solid facts.

why do we have to post "scare threads" everytime something good happens?

:confused: :(

Because we are fans from New England and, for many of us, specifically from Boston. We can't help it.

I keep reading that the only reason we are so active in FA this year is because this is BB last year with us. He is moving to the Giants next year.

* Reading this where? The Patriots are just spening to the cap which if they didn't, folks would be wondering why they weren't. We can't have it both ways. Trying to get better each year, no matter how well you did last year, is what every team should be trying to do, no?

The fact that Belichick is trying to win in 2007 doesn't mean it's his last year here. There's a lot of logic missing there.

Well the Giants are his daughter's favorite team, that must mean he is leaving ;)

Kraft would trade away all our draft picks before he let BB go.

The football journalism in this town is getting pretty shoddy. Who wrote up that rumor about BB leaving for Giants? Link please.

BB is not going to the Giants...

BB loves and understands football. He knows that what he has here in New England is unique in the annals of football. He knows it is his legacy. He will not do anything to voluntarily cut short the run the Patriots are having.

Keep in mind that, although we have been active in free agency, our future salary cap situation remains strong. In 2007-2009 we are very likely to have more talented teams than the 2006 Patriots. If we make a big mistake (say AD turns out to be a bust) we still have the long term cap flexibility to continue to field superbowl caliber teams.

If BB were really playing the game that fans of other teams wish he were, he would be mortgaging our future (restructuring deals left and right and giving away future draft picks). He has not. The Patriots have been improved entirely on the strength of their existing salary cap position. Next year, we will again have the space to retain our free agents, extend our veterans, and acquire free agents when those moves make sense.

AFTER the dynasty is over and Bill spends a year in retirement, I think he would like to join a struggling Giants franchise and turn it around (like Lombardi did in Washington). But I think we're talking about 5-10 years from now.

Here we go again! Another post worrying that due to all the success (on paper) in the FA period, that the good karma will come crashing down. That the world plays a zero-sum game and will somehow even this up with the Patriots. Ha!!!

Enjoy the times! This is the time to bask in the capability of the Patriots from top to bottom.

This again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick