PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tell me BB is not going to the Giants!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand this whole connection between BB's contract and what we did in FA. If BB's contract wasn't up that means we'd make no moves in FA or only 1 or only 2 or, despite the fact we had 30 million in cap space. What were we planning to use that money for,then? A baby gift for Tom Jr?
We are spending the money because we finally have it to spend,and contrary to what we believe,last year's team was not perfect. This year's FA boasted an unusual #of Patriot-Perfect players who also filled some glaring holes. That occured regardless of Belichick's contract. And we haven't overspent for any of them.
We don't even know that Belichick ever truly entertained thoughts of going to the Giants anyway. That story was part and parcel of Beligate and far from the media's first confusion between speculation and fact.

1) The recent Thomas, Welker and Stallworth FA signings are all 5-6 year deals (or re: Stallworth, one that the Pats have discretion to make a 5-6 year deal).

2) He's kept the two first rounders

3) Brady and Seymour each have 4 more years

Says to me that we should worry about him leaving, but not before the decade is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes