Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you be in favor of adding Tebow to the Pats

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The NFLN is sooooooo bad, I'm getting to the point where I don't even want it. Complete idiocy.

This is all getting absurd. The main reason that people do not like Tebow is because he is a professing Christian and that makes people uncomfortable. That makes people mock him. He isn't going around the league baptizing people. He just states his beliefs about his faith as part of his dealing with his Lord. Many stars do. A lot of African American stars make a point of their belief. Funny, I don't see them mocked.

If he was practicing the religion of Islam and he was mocked by the media, some players or fans, the ACLU would drive a bulldozer up your annal cavity!

Baseball stars throw praise to the heavens for a good hit or homerun. Nobody beats on them. I see this every game.

Troy Polamalu says a prayer prior to and after every tackle and play he is in. How come the media and fans don't mock him? Everyone see's it. How come fans aren't asking Goodell to ban Troy from his outward expression of faith. How dare he do that in front of a very cynical world comprised of great ACLU atheists!!!!

NASCAR has many stars. Prayers for the drivers, crews and fans are said prior to every race by a chaplain or minister......on national TV. There are 75 million NASCAR fans in this country and they have a higher per capita earning and education level than the NFL fans....shocked?...I was too. Sorry, it is a fact. The redneck monicker ended about twenty years ago. It is now extremely corporate driven. I met Ty Law and Jerome Bettis.....at a NASCAR race. So do not say they pray there because they are stupid or redneck. Most NASCAR races are no longer raced in the Southeast. Yet proclamations of faith are still active is my point.

I know it is cool to criticize people who have faith and wear it. I wish I could be as brave as Tebow or some athletes. There are some who actually believe they are blessed to be doing what they are doing. Even Brady does. Where are the torches and pitchforks.

As far as his QB skills:
How many games did Manning win the first year as the starting QB for the Colts? 3 versus 13 losses. Tebow won six in a row and got 8 wins, unconventionally I agree, but he won and got the Broncos the Division. Isn't judging a 23 year old kid after his first starting season as the worst QB in the history on the NFL a little premature? How many passes did TB make in his first year as a starter. Minimal at best.

If Tebow can start for an NFL Team for 14 years like Manning, let's judge his prowess then. He will win, we all agree with that. Will it be pretty? Maybe not but at 23 and in his first full season as a starter, he was not that bad as far as success. Ever see Mike Vick throw his first years with the Falcons? Give the kid a few years to learn defenses and reads. It was outrageous what Hodge said about him. The kid is genuine in his convictions and needs to grow as a QB.

The Pats had a QB here many years ago they got from the Vikes after he won a bit for them. His name was Joe Kapp. His passes were ridiculous.

The best pure passer in the NFL of all time might have been Jeff George. The man threw BBs. Had measurable too. What did he do?

Elway hates this kid. His success caused Elway grief. Failure would have been better. It was not the Elway QB type. Manning is.

Someone mentioned this today. I am adding. John Elway, Pat Bowlen and Peyton Manning should have another press conference today with Tim Tebow. On that stage the ought to pull Tim Tebow's khakis down and all three kiss his beasshind. It was said if Tebow doesn't make the Broncos relevant last year with the potential of success, Mr. Manning is playing in Miami or AZ! Tebow made the Manning deal possible.

Manning should give Mr. Tim "Can't be an NFL QB even if this was my first year and I beat Mannings first year and did not look any worse than Mike Vick" Tebow a big piece of that 96 million dollars.

I don't know why but even if the Pats do not get the kid, BB sees the quality of Tebow as a football player and evaluated him as a QB and he is smarter than most on WEEI or 98.5, ESPN and the NFLN.

This kid did not kill animals, get in a shoot out, cause a bar fight, poop in someones clothes hamper, try to run over a meter maid, sell drugs on the side, go to Canada to pick up Oxicoten, make it rain, start a bounty program or be as stupid as Jerry Porter. He won games as painful as it looked. I saw him throw some frozen ropes for completions so his arm seems intact. He is basically a rookie.

There are some other pretty unappealing QBs out there. After 4 years as a starter, you want Sanchez or Tebow? NY is not doing this as a novelty. This IS competition. Think of it this way, they are all in on Sanchez, They bring in Tebow and he wins the job, Rex and Tanny save face because the Sanchez experiment failure is on the back page as far as news. Actually genius for them. Sanchez doesn't have the leadership ability to lead a cub scout pack.

Tavaris Jackson? ....Please! McCoy? they want to dump him and he's got three years. Grossman started last year. He was superb...ya. Kolb and the beloved Matt Cassel are not sure things. Even in his first full year and knowing what he does, I consider Tebow before those two.

Offensively no one ever makes note that the Broncos offense was mediocre to begin with last year. Yet they won with him. Defense helps I know, but he was still the driver.
DW Toys

DW Toys = Skip Bayless

Re: Would you be in favor of adding Tebow to the Pats?

I'd be in favor of no one starting any more Tebow threads.

I did ask the mods to merge this with the main Tebow thread. . . .

I did ask the mods to merge this with the main Tebow thread. . . .

But why bother since there isn't even a rumor any more...if there ever actually was one.

As with anything else, it depends on the price.

I am actually impressed. Crowd bias is the flavor of the month. You didn't bite.
I agree.
DW Toys

There is a reason threads like this should be locked once there is no chance that they can become anything more than semantic pissing contests between supposed patsfans who disagree about the inherent value of lack thereof of player who isn't coming here.

Unless like with talk radio the object at the end of every day is ratings or web site hits...

This is all getting absurd. The main reason that people do not like Tebow is because he is a professing Christian and that makes people uncomfortable. That makes people mock him. He isn't going around the league baptizing people. He just states his beliefs about his faith as part of his dealing with his Lord. Many stars do. A lot of African American stars make a point of their belief. Funny, I don't see them mocked.

If he was practicing the religion of Islam and he was mocked by the media, some players or fans, the ACLU would drive a bulldozer up your annal cavity!

Baseball stars throw praise to the heavens for a good hit or homerun. Nobody beats on them. I see this every game.

Troy Polamalu says a prayer prior to and after every tackle and play he is in. How come the media and fans don't mock him? Everyone see's it. How come fans aren't asking Goodell to ban Troy from his outward expression of faith. How dare he do that in front of a very cynical world comprised of great ACLU atheists!!!!

NASCAR has many stars. Prayers for the drivers, crews and fans are said prior to every race by a chaplain or minister......on national TV. There are 75 million NASCAR fans in this country and they have a higher per capita earning and education level than the NFL fans....shocked?...I was too. Sorry, it is a fact. The redneck monicker ended about twenty years ago. It is now extremely corporate driven. I met Ty Law and Jerome Bettis.....at a NASCAR race. So do not say they pray there because they are stupid or redneck. Most NASCAR races are no longer raced in the Southeast. Yet proclamations of faith are still active is my point.

I know it is cool to criticize people who have faith and wear it. I wish I could be as brave as Tebow or some athletes. There are some who actually believe they are blessed to be doing what they are doing. Even Brady does. Where are the torches and pitchforks.

As far as his QB skills:
How many games did Manning win the first year as the starting QB for the Colts? 3 versus 13 losses. Tebow won six in a row and got 8 wins, unconventionally I agree, but he won and got the Broncos the Division. Isn't judging a 23 year old kid after his first starting season as the worst QB in the history on the NFL a little premature? How many passes did TB make in his first year as a starter. Minimal at best.

If Tebow can start for an NFL Team for 14 years like Manning, let's judge his prowess then. He will win, we all agree with that. Will it be pretty? Maybe not but at 23 and in his first full season as a starter, he was not that bad as far as success. Ever see Mike Vick throw his first years with the Falcons? Give the kid a few years to learn defenses and reads. It was outrageous what Hodge said about him. The kid is genuine in his convictions and needs to grow as a QB.

The Pats had a QB here many years ago they got from the Vikes after he won a bit for them. His name was Joe Kapp. His passes were ridiculous.

The best pure passer in the NFL of all time might have been Jeff George. The man threw BBs. Had measurable too. What did he do?

Elway hates this kid. His success caused Elway grief. Failure would have been better. It was not the Elway QB type. Manning is.

Someone mentioned this today. I am adding. John Elway, Pat Bowlen and Peyton Manning should have another press conference today with Tim Tebow. On that stage the ought to pull Tim Tebow's khakis down and all three kiss his beasshind. It was said if Tebow doesn't make the Broncos relevant last year with the potential of success, Mr. Manning is playing in Miami or AZ! Tebow made the Manning deal possible.

Manning should give Mr. Tim "Can't be an NFL QB even if this was my first year and I beat Mannings first year and did not look any worse than Mike Vick" Tebow a big piece of that 96 million dollars.

I don't know why but even if the Pats do not get the kid, BB sees the quality of Tebow as a football player and evaluated him as a QB and he is smarter than most on WEEI or 98.5, ESPN and the NFLN.

This kid did not kill animals, get in a shoot out, cause a bar fight, poop in someones clothes hamper, try to run over a meter maid, sell drugs on the side, go to Canada to pick up Oxicoten, make it rain, start a bounty program or be as stupid as Jerry Porter. He won games as painful as it looked. I saw him throw some frozen ropes for completions so his arm seems intact. He is basically a rookie.

There are some other pretty unappealing QBs out there. After 4 years as a starter, you want Sanchez or Tebow? NY is not doing this as a novelty. This IS competition. Think of it this way, they are all in on Sanchez, They bring in Tebow and he wins the job, Rex and Tanny save face because the Sanchez experiment failure is on the back page as far as news. Actually genius for them. Sanchez doesn't have the leadership ability to lead a cub scout pack.

Tavaris Jackson? ....Please! McCoy? they want to dump him and he's got three years. Grossman started last year. He was superb...ya. Kolb and the beloved Matt Cassel are not sure things. Even in his first full year and knowing what he does, I consider Tebow before those two.

Offensively no one ever makes note that the Broncos offense was mediocre to begin with last year. Yet they won with him. Defense helps I know, but he was still the driver.
DW Toys

Too long, scanned it but didn't read.

People don't dislike him because he's Christian but I'm quite sure that's why the Tebowites are so fanatical about him.

Don't ever compare Tebow with Brady or Manning, it doesn't help your cause, anyone with a set of eyes and the slightest knowledge of football knows the difference.

How about we talk about everyone that's never been in trouble with the law or is Tebow so ******* special that he's the only pure soul. How many current players on the Pats have had any problems with the law? 4,5 maybe, if that, out of what 70? Over 90% have had no issues, but let's single out Tebow for it.

Last edited:

I like Tebow, he seems like a great guy. I'm in favor of adding him to the Patriots because of his character and emergency depth. I don't think he will help much but he's there for the depth. If Tebow wants to have a long career in the NFL, he needs to make a move like this or else will play mediocre football for another couple years on a crappy team and be officially done after that.

I would be totally in favor of bringing Tebow in. Not as a QB of course, but use him as a HB or even RB on some plays. Let him take some direct snaps or use him on 3rd down situations, instead of having Brady do his QB sneak, which btw stops my heart every time I see it. I don't necessarily think Tebow will be a patriot, in fact I highly doubt it, but I am totally in favor of it.

Too long, scanned it but didn't read.

People don't dislike him because he's Christian but I'm quite sure that's why the Tebowites are so fanatical about him.

Don't ever compare Tebow with Brady or Manning, it doesn't help your cause, anyone with a set of eyes and the slightest knowledge of football knows the difference.

How about we talk about everyone that's never been in trouble with the law or is Tebow so ******* special that he's the only pure soul. How many current players on the Pats have had any problems with the law? 4,5 maybe, if that, out of what 70? Over 90% have had no issues, but let's single out Tebow for it.
Its a conveniant excuse. Tebow's release could be clocked with a Sun Dial, and generally his accuracy is just as bad.

And for the record, Tebow won't take any snaps away from Brady. There is a role for him as a FB/HB or a backup QB. I'd expect him to line up in the backfield on 3rd down for a direct snap or to pass protect. Unless we are way ahead late in the 4th quarter, it will Be Brady or Mallet handling the pigskin.

Was emailed a note from my Mom, who's a Jet's fan (I know, I come from a dysfunctional family, Dad is a Jet's fan too), one of the News stations in Florida is claiming that a trade will be done by mid day TODAY ! And it will either be the Jets or the Jaguars (didn't they draft a QB in the 1st round last year ?). Stay Tuned guys and gals. BTW, she doesn't want Tebow, nor do any other Jet's fans I know.

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't understand folks' positions here. My opinion as a Tebow fan is that Tebow is NOT a fit for the Patriots 46. However, I'm willing to defer if BB decides to do so (which will NOT happen). Why wouldn't the absolutely not Tebows agree with this? I would have voted absolutely not were the only if BB choice not available.

Was emailed a note from my Mom, who's a Jet's fan (I know, I come from a dysfunctional family, Dad is a Jet's fan too), one of the News stations in Florida is claiming that a trade will be done by mid day TODAY ! And it will either be the Jets or the Jaguars (didn't they draft a QB in the 1st round last year ?). Stay Tuned guys and gals. BTW, she doesn't want Tebow, nor do any other Jet's fans I know.

So tell us what happened back at mid day today. Jets or JAX?

No upside to it. Why take Brady off the field. The cult part of the Tebowmaniacs will be calling to bench Brady for Tebow. It will turn the team into a circus side show.

Personally, I am hoping the Jets get him to start a full blown Tebow/Sanchez QB controversy.

It would actually be genius in NY. The "Sanchez is our man" bravado by Rex and Tanny is going south fast. As I said in the other thread, Sanchez could not offer leadership to a pack of Cub Scouts. Look at his latest statements last week.

If Tebow beats out Sanchez for the starting QB job which could happen (ground and pound is the Rex motto. Not ground and throw one to the other team). The kid has one full year under his belt as the starting QB, not four like Sanchez. If he takes the job from Sanchez then the controversy of riding the Sanchez horse goes away quietly because the replacement is in place and doing fine thank you. Does anyone on this forum actually think that the Sanchez QB package is better than the Tebow QB package? I doubt it.

Rex likes running the rock.That was the kid does.The Jets do not have a fleet of WR anyway. One knucklehead WR (wouldn't he go ape feces) and a decent pass catching TE who was the main Sanchez target who could inherit Tebow as his pitcher.

I can see why the Jets might consider the "bailout" that Tebow creates because now the Sanchez experiment can't create a total F.O. failure if Tebow wins the job by competition.

This is not a stupid play for them.

DW Toys

I agree with DW. Tebow, assuming he would win which I think he would is better for the Jets org careers and selling PSLs than the failed Sanchize. Pats still sweep though.

Last edited:

I agree with DW. Tebow, assuming he would win which I think he would is better for the Jets org careers and selling PSLs than the failed Sanchize. Pats still sweep though.
I like Tebow as a person, i don't know if BB could control the media driven circus that would ensue. Plus if and when TB throws a bad pass or has a bad game there would be calls for Tebow. Hence a QB controversy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday