2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you be in favor of adding Tebow to the Pats

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A note on Tebow's athleticism:

There is one sort of "athletic" activity primary to the QB position: throwing the football.

Being able to extend a play is nice. Hitting as many open receivers as possible is primary.

Oh yeah 1 more thing. Football games are 60 minutes, not 15.

I saw on NFLN this ******ed conversation about how great TBow is. One of these dumazzes was saying he made Denver's defense great by expecting to win and then not producing, and they bought into it.

A new kind of quarterback - he puts himself on his team's back and wills them to victory...

The NFLN is sooooooo bad, I'm getting to the point where I don't even want it. Complete idiocy.

It's funny how things seem to change. Prior to 2004, when Brady wasn't as prolific a passer as he is now, pats fans said Brady was a top QB because the team won games under him, period.

Now that he's blowing up the stats the tune has changed. Suddenly winning games isn't as important as how much fantasy stats are racked up in the process. Obviously I prefer Brady to Tebow but the reasons people are ragging on the guy are counter to the central reason we all backed Brady until he became acknowledged as a premiere passer in this league. Leading your team to a victory.

In summary, check out my *****ing new sig picture.

Brady was great because he won more games, won championships and could read defenses. He's the same QB he is today, except now he has more control of the offense, unlike before where he was limited by Weiss. He's not or never has been a Tebow, where he must run or throw the ball out of bounds when the hot receiver wasn't open and play like absolute ish until the last 2 minutes.

I saw on NFLN this ******ed conversation about how great TBow is. One of these dumazzes was saying he made Denver's defense great by expecting to win and then not producing, and they bought into it.

A new kind of quarterback - he puts himself on his team's back and wills them to victory...

HHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Nice one. Good thing I don't have satellite.

For Denver's sake Elway had best have another option at QB should Manning's neck continue to be an issue.

Yes, but as in most successful situations of that nature it had best be one who can run the existing offense competently in the abence of the guy who runs it brilliantly. Like Brady to Cassel or Brady to Hoyer. Having Tebow on your roster in those situations is akin to Brady to Rohan Davey, a guy who had to have packages apart from the established offense because he couldn't run it. This is the problem Tebow creates wherever he goes. Elway doesn't hate Tim Tebow, he hates the only style of QB Tebow knows how to be. Some believe given a chance he could become a different kind of QB. Trouble is that's easier said than done and it takes time that his presence on a roster doesn't allow for unless you have a franchise QB and a journeyman backup already on the roster and then when does he get the reps to develop?? That didn't even happen under Josh, who was invested in him.

What will be interesting to see is if Elway indeed does what is best for Tim Tebow to give him a shot at having a QB career, which is what he said he would do yesterday, and that would appear to be trading him to Jacksonville if they want him or simply releasing him and letting him find his own way. Trading him to NY if they trump other offers will just be doing the kid a disservice because he's not the locker room savior the idiot JET brain trust seems to think he is. He's a leader on the field if your up for the inherent randomness of seat of the pants street ball.

What will be interesting to see is if Elway indeed does what is best for Tim Tebow ...Trading him to NY if they trump other offers will just be doing the kid a disservice because he's not the locker room savior the idiot JET brain trust seems to think he is. He's a leader on the field if your up for the inherent randomness of seat of the pants street ball.

Yeah, I was thinking that Tebow to the Jets is a great way to ruin the careers of two guys who have a shot at having long careers as bottom tier starters, or good backups.

But the hilarity that would be the Jets fandom and locker room would rock.

Brady sit out a play to bring Tebow in? Think about what you just wrote. That's ******* insane.

If it were required by NFL rules... It's not, as there's really no emergency QB role anymore, and as NFL commentators have pointed out the 46th roster spot gives an advantage to teams with the ability to employ a wildcat offense.

Both could be on the field at the same time.

If Tebow could be had on the cheap it would be ****** insane NOT to seriously consider adding him to the team... Yet strangely enough that's exactly what we're seeing here.

Would you be in favor of adding Tebow to the Pats?

Mods, if you could merge this with the other thread?

Re: Would you be in favor of adding Tebow to the Pats?

Only as a RB or TE. Tebow is not and never will be an NFL caliber passer.

One thing is for sure, and that is that

Tebow = interest

The Tebow post here is more than 600 posts long, and both JI and Gangreen have Tebow threads near or past 700 posts.

No

We dont need a pr stunt

If it were required by NFL rules... It's not, as there's really no emergency QB role anymore, and as NFL commentators have pointed out the 46th roster spot gives an advantage to teams with the ability to employ a wildcat offense.

Both could be on the field at the same time.

If Tebow could be had on the cheap it would be ****** insane NOT to seriously consider adding him to the team... Yet strangely enough that's exactly what we're seeing here.

Do the Patriots have trouble scoring points? Do you really think they are desperate enough to need a gimmick offense like the wildcat?

One thing is for sure, and that is that

Tebow = interest

The Tebow post here is more than 600 posts long, and both JI and Gangreen have Tebow threads near or past 700 posts.

Goodell should pay some of his new salary bonus to Tebow for helping make the NFL the entertainment juggernaught that it is. I LOVED watching all the Tebow games I could get last season.

Last edited:

I'd be in favor of no one starting any more Tebow threads.

It would depend on whether or not the team thinks Mallett is the real deal and will be ready by next season. If the team doesn't, then I'd ask McDaniels if he thought he could get Tebow ready to be the backup in the Patriots system by the end of the year. If he said that he could, I'd be fine with bringing Tebow in.

Last edited:

Tebow is going to the Jets.

Not to play on the field,but to sit in the locker room each and every game and wait for the players to enter before the game,halftime,and after the game ends to address and disrupt gang green's locker room chaos with a sermon :rolleyes:

Seriously ...There is ZERO chance Tebow in on this team,not only because he can't pass to save his life,but because there is no room on the roster....Hoyer will stay and is a FA in 2013 and Mallett is preparing to be the backup and potential starter in 3 or 4 years when Brady retires.

Last edited:
Not only am I loving that the Pats are out of the Tebow race, but it looks like a 50-50 chance he ends up being a Jet. The Jets implosion will continue with a QB controversy in 2012.

Not only am I loving that the Pats are out of the Tebow race, but it looks like a 50-50 chance he ends up being a Jet. The Jets implosion will continue with a QB controversy in 2012.
:rocker: I Hope the Jests sign him, it would be a total circus and put the Rats even deeper into suckatude.

Tebow is going to the Jets.

Not to play on the field,but to sit in the locker room each and every game and wait for the players to enter before the game,halftime,and after the game ends to address and disrupt gang green's locker room chaos with a sermon :rolleyes:

Seriously ...There is ZERO chance Tebow in on this team,not only because he can't pass to save his life,but because there is no room on the roster....Hoyer will stay and is a FA in 2013 and Mallett is preparing to be the backup and potential starter in 3 or 4 years when Brady retires.

I can see it now, Tebow in a prayer circle in the locker room:

"Let us thank our lord saviour ************ for this godamn snack" :rocker:

Last edited:

No upside to it. Why take Brady off the field. The cult part of the Tebowmaniacs will be calling to bench Brady for Tebow. It will turn the team into a circus side show.

Personally, I am hoping the Jets get him to start a full blown Tebow/Sanchez QB controversy.

As with anything else, it depends on the price.

no.....simply because he can help the pats much more by being on another team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes