Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you be in favor of adding Tebow to the Pats

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Would you be in favor of adding Tebow to the Pats?

I agree with DW. Tebow, assuming he would win which I think he would is better for the Jets org careers and selling PSLs than the failed Sanchize. Pats still sweep though.

Be a bigger disaster than The Year in Favre. Bring it on.

Day three of "this thread hurts my head"
images

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter

Denver traded quarterback Tim Tebow to the NY Jets.

This is all getting absurd. The main reason that people do not like Tebow is because he is a professing Christian and that makes people uncomfortable. That makes people mock him. He isn't going around the league baptizing people. He just states his beliefs about his faith as part of his dealing with his Lord. Many stars do. A lot of African American stars make a point of their belief. Funny, I don't see them mocked.

If he was practicing the religion of Islam and he was mocked by the media, some players or fans, the ACLU would drive a bulldozer up your annal cavity!

Baseball stars throw praise to the heavens for a good hit or homerun. Nobody beats on them. I see this every game.

Troy Polamalu says a prayer prior to and after every tackle and play he is in. How come the media and fans don't mock him? Everyone see's it. How come fans aren't asking Goodell to ban Troy from his outward expression of faith. How dare he do that in front of a very cynical world comprised of great ACLU atheists!!!!

NASCAR has many stars. Prayers for the drivers, crews and fans are said prior to every race by a chaplain or minister......on national TV. There are 75 million NASCAR fans in this country and they have a higher per capita earning and education level than the NFL fans....shocked?...I was too. Sorry, it is a fact. The redneck monicker ended about twenty years ago. It is now extremely corporate driven. I met Ty Law and Jerome Bettis.....at a NASCAR race. So do not say they pray there because they are stupid or redneck. Most NASCAR races are no longer raced in the Southeast. Yet proclamations of faith are still active is my point.

I know it is cool to criticize people who have faith and wear it. I wish I could be as brave as Tebow or some athletes. There are some who actually believe they are blessed to be doing what they are doing. Even Brady does. Where are the torches and pitchforks.

Pardon my French, but hogwash. Literally the only people I've seen mention Tebow's faith are the people saying he's being mocked because of it. It's a made-up phenomenon, along the lines of the non-existent "War on Christianity." Show me anyone who's said, "I don't like Tebow because he's Christian."

Tebow's most vocal (and most likely Christian) supporters have spread the false notion that Tebow's play is being denigrated because of his Christian faith, because there's just no other defense for his terrible QB play. Wins are great, but by that logic, Ochocinco was a great WR because the Pats went 13-3.

You said it yourself. Many other stars are public with their faith, but don't catch any grief about it. Why not? Because no one cares what their religion is.

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter

Denver traded quarterback Tim Tebow to the NY Jets.

OK

Mods time to CLOSE this thread! since he's not coming to the Patriots per the nonexistent rumor

Thank God!

In before the lock. :D

Awesome! I love it! Hope you all enjoy having your favorite player go to the Jets. That and watching the Jets completely implode. Win-win.

Thank god we can kill this rumor now :-D

This whole thread has been pretty funny... And of course the added option of "yes, if BB thinks its a good idea."

Is there a scenario in which we would take on a player BB didn't want? :rolleyes:

Honestly I'm happy to see him going to the Jets. None of the Patsfans interested in Tebow were interested him as a QB, and of course half the posts in this thread seem to miss that major fact... That at best Tebow has questionable throwning skills and would not be considered a backup QB on the Patriots.

On the Jets one would assume that's a different matter. At every turn the Jets have been CRUSHING any semblance of confidence their young QB might have... From a head coach who guarantees a Super Bowl twice, to flirting with Manning to now bringing in Tebow...

As much as I'd be intrigued to see how Beleichick and McDaniels would have utilized Tebow I relish the prospect of seeing Tebow displace Sanchez, or at least contribute to Sanchez' eroding confidence.

:)

Last edited:
Pardon my French, but hogwash. Literally the only people I've seen mention Tebow's faith are the people saying he's being mocked because of it. It's a made-up phenomenon, along the lines of the non-existent "War on Christianity." Show me anyone who's said, "I don't like Tebow because he's Christian."

Tebow's most vocal (and most likely Christian) supporters have spread the false notion that Tebow's play is being denigrated because of his Christian faith, because there's just no other defense for his terrible QB play. Wins are great, but by that logic, Ochocinco was a great WR because the Pats went 13-3.

You said it yourself. Many other stars are public with their faith, but don't catch any grief about it. Why not? Because no one cares what their religion is.

No. I didn't say that. I said he as a player in the NFL, not his success or non success, he was absolutely being mocked because he was a Christian. Not his religion in particular. The fact that he wears it on his sleeve infuriates people. My point is that there are others in the NFL and other sports that profess their religion, yet they are not mocked. They may be all Christians but He is a little more demonstrative, yet he isn't leading a crusade and people poke fun at him......yes....for his religion. And the kid just takes it.

I have no idea what his choice of Christian faith is be it Catholic, Lutheran, Baptist etc. And yes absolutely .......people and media take delight in the fact that a QB with not elite skills yet in his early career happens to be Christian and this is easier for them to attack that side bar.

Answer this and you will understand where I am going with this. If Brady throws five picks and no TDs and we still win because say, he calls some great audibles, check downs etc. and our running game scores all the points...but we still win. Does Brady not still be the winning QB? The kid has won a few games with his arm. It was not all bad. It seems like Mike Vick was not too far off from Tebow in his first season. Manning was pretty bad in year one, yet everyone piles on this kid and oh by the way, he's religious.

The mocks go like this in case you have never heard some-"Tim if you are so near the Lord, why don't you have him make you have a better completion record or hit the open square out?". If you have not heard some of them you have lived in a shell. Are these not mocks that have religious overtones?

We are talking a kid that has been thrown into what has been a pretty crappy Broncos offense for a few years and he produced. He wasn't up to what some cal NFL standards and yet was competitive. Would the fans prefer pretty? Yes. Do they like winning? yep!

I just don't get it. Why is a first year QB who won a division title being tortured like he is supposed to be John Elway, no excuses. He produced Cousins. That was the end result. He was also mocked for his approach to life without question.
DW Toys

Amazing, my head doesn't hurt anymore.

BF1308E_FEELING_BETTER_NOW!_NURSE.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft