Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you be in favor of adding Tebow to the Pats

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to see Denver trade Tebow for Gabbert, straight up. They'd get someone who might actually be capable of learning how to be a real QB, let him learn from one of the best.

Tebow for Hoyer?

Grab Tebow for a low pick, if (and only if) he's willing to play RB/FB. Think Mike Alstott.

Could all the fanboys here posting about a trade for Tebow to the Patriots please address how they see his contract and cap $ addressed? Fantasy football has ruined the sport.

Could all the fanboys here posting about a trade for Tebow to the Patriots please address how they see his contract and cap $ addressed? Fantasy football has ruined the sport.

I'm not pimping the guy, but just to answer your query:

Signing bonus won't carry over as cap hit, but will remain in Denver. Supposedly, Denver doesn't expect much in return (5th was mentioned as the high, I believe), meaning non-cash investment is almost nil.

Last edited:
I want to see Denver trade Tebow for Gabbert, straight up. They'd get someone who might actually be capable of learning how to be a real QB, let him learn from one of the best.

Makes a lot of sense. I would still keep Tebow if I were the Broncos. If Manning goes down anytime during the season, Elway will be torched for letting Tebow go.
DW Toys

I can't wait till Jaguars owner Shad Khan flexes his powers and they grab Tebow for a 5th round pick. Then this thread will disappear into the black hole with all the other ridiculous threads like re sign moss!

What are the chances that Tebow backs up Manning, and learns under him?

Manning isn't going to be around for years, but long enough that they might get something out of Tebow that a normal QB would do!

I'm not pimping the guy, but just to answer your query:

Signing bonus won't carry over as cap hit, but will remain in Denver. Supposedly, Denver doesn't expect much in return (5th was mentioned as the high, I believe), meaning non-cash investment is almost nil.

Good post. At first I was saying why with Hoyer and Mallet? Then...wait a minute?...... Another BB concept. I think if you could get Tebow for a Hoyer and a pick (say fifth from the Broncos) it might make sense (even even up) BB has something in mind for Tebow. Slash. Red zone etc. The kid has proven himself as a playoff starter in the most unconventional of ways.

He is as inconsistent as a QB could be yet I saw a rocket arm on many occasions. He and Mallet learn under Brady. If Brady ever went down would Hoyer be a better option for the short term than Tebow for a game or two? Who knows? Hoyer was undrafted and has never been under pressure like Tebow was. Tebow might be a second string QB who actually can be utilized for other things. The kid is only 24. If Brandy stays 4 more he will only be 28. Brandon Weedon is 28!!!!Meanwhile Mallet isn't chopped liver. How much can Mallet and Tebow learn the next few years is key and I think you can have some plays for Tebow that will drive an O coordinator nuts.
DW Toys

Grab Tebow for a low pick, if (and only if) he's willing to play RB/FB. Think Mike Alstott.

Why would Tebow want to do that? Tebow wants to be a QB. He isn't going to be willing to switch a position.

So... you pay round 1. QB money to your 3rd best TE?

and before people say it.. re-structure... shmee-structure... it ain't happening to that extent
4th best TE now

I can't wait till Jaguars owner Shad Khan flexes his powers and they grab Tebow for a 5th round pick. Then this thread will disappear into the black hole with all the other ridiculous threads like re sign moss!

One is entitled to one's opinion but that doesn't make you correct, nor I.
DW Toys

Tebow for Hoyer?

Unless the Pats are convinced that Mallett can be the #2 QB, why would the Pats want to do that? They are not going to use Tebow as their insurance if Brady goes down for a few games.

Good post. At first I was saying why with Hoyer and Mallet? Then...wait a minute?...... Another BB concept. I think if you could get Tebow for a Hoyer and a pick (say fifth from the Broncos) it might make sense (even even up) BB has something in mind for Tebow. Slash. Red zone etc. The kid has proven himself as a playoff starter in the most unconventional of ways.

He is as inconsistent as a QB could be yet I saw a rocket arm on many occasions. He and Mallet learn under Brady. If Brady ever went down would Hoyer be a better option for the short term than Tebow for a game or two? Who knows? Hoyer was undrafted and has never been under pressure like Tebow was. Tebow might be a second string QB who actually can be utilized for other things. The kid is only 24. If Brandy stays 4 more he will only be 28. Brandon Weedon is 28!!!!Meanwhile Mallet isn't chopped liver. How much can Mallet and Tebow learn the next few years is key and I think you can have some plays for Tebow that will drive an O coordinator nuts.
DW Toys
I agree :D

One thing about the idea of the Pats picking up Tebow for a "low pick": NE has no picks after the fourth round this year. Though I fully expect that to change once draft weekend gets under way, I'd be surprised if they could offer the Broncs anything before then for this year's draft.

Why would Tebow want to do that? Tebow wants to be a QB. He isn't going to be willing to switch a position.

Well he will never be a qb here. I will bet that Elway puts in a call to BB about Tebow. Depending on his bonus situation he could be cap friendly. I can see him as a RB who can play some Hback, a versatile guy.

I am sure that BB would want to talk to the kid before any trade to discuss his role with the Pats and if it is something he is willing to buy into. If he wants to put aside playing qb bring him in.

Mallett to Tebow FTW in 2015.

I'd take him for a 4th or 5th round pick in 2013. He could be a move end/H-back/fullback/pass protector/spokesman/prayer warrior.

Josh knows the kid because he drafted him. BB obviously has always been impressed with him. As is sounded so ridiculous at first,.....but then I wonder. He is unquestionably a leader. Is Hoyer? That is an unknown. He is probably fine. Can Tebow will a few wins for the Pats with obviously much more offensive talent? Yep.

It is interesting. I hope the Pats would trade for him only if they use him and not be a poster boy for "I wish my kid was like him". I think Miami ruins the kid ad does Jacksonville. Although Gabbert to Denver in trade makes sense is some ways.
DW Toys

Unless the Pats are convinced that Mallett can be the #2 QB, why would the Pats want to do that? They are not going to use Tebow as their insurance if Brady goes down for a few games.

Well if the Pats are happy with Mallett backing up TB then they have a two way battle for TB's successor. But if Tebow is willing to take on another role, then Tebow striikes me as an ideal Hernandez backup. Throw in the fact that McDaniels was the guy who drafted Tebow and BB apparently liked him in the draft, I don't think Tebow has a shortage of fans amongst Patriot decision makers.

And then throw in the fact that Denver will be in win now mode and we have two first round picks and I can certainly see the opportunity for a trade somewhere somehow. something like Tebow, Denvers first and second rounder and 2013 first or second for Patriots two firsts and Hoyer. Don't forget, for now the Broncos are without a backup QB.

Well he will never be a qb here. I will bet that Elway puts in a call to BB about Tebow. Depending on his bonus situation he could be cap friendly. I can see him as a RB who can play some Hback, a versatile guy.

I am sure that BB would want to talk to the kid before any trade to discuss his role with the Pats and if it is something he is willing to buy into. If he wants to put aside playing qb bring him in.

He would be a good roster addition if he will play various spots. Can be the emergency 3rd QB but still play. The kid can play football. He is one of the toughest kids in the NFL and most hated.....and who knows why? It is not his fault he was hyped and he has decided that coll thug is not his thing.
Everyone who has played on his Teams including Hernandez says the kid is genuine.

Can't see him and Gronk double dating though!!!!!!
DW Toys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes