Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you be in favor of adding Tebow to the Pats

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the common sense take on this....Tebow still wants to play QB...Jax. would employ him as a QB...and he would REALLY energize the fan base there and fill the stadium there. Tebow is NOT playing QB here in NE ...right? If he came here ...it would be as a TE or RB...or knowing BB...maybe linebacker! !. But that ain't happening ...so IF Manning goes to Denver...look for Tebow to Jax ..

I think that's pretty compelling logic.

Of course, decisions in the NFL sometimes defy the obvious, but it's hard to argue with what you've written.

Well, exactly (as I knew full well they were brining in Fells for a meeting and had already signed Lloyd, McDaniels has shown a GREAT amount of interest in brining in players he's worked with to the Patriots... Hence my winky emoticon.

And while I fully agree that Tebow himself likely wants to play QB and hence would not want to come here to take on a different role (even if its in his own best interest) I can't fathom why so many Patsfans would insult Belichick and McDaniels by suggesting that they would be unable to find a role for a player who, love him or hate him, requires defenses to make note of where he is at all times - and even when they KNOW he's going to run with the ball are often unable to stop him from picking up 5, 10, 15 yards etc...

We've seen that ourselves when the Patriots played him and you can bet that if anyone could figure out how to drive defensive coordinators crazy using Tebow it would be Belichick and McDaniels.

While some would like to use stats to "prove" he couldn't line up as a RB or FB they might want to look back to the playoffs when McDaniels successfully confounded defenses a few times using Hernandez as an RB... something our own Patsfans "experts" likely would have scoffed at before it actually happened as well.

This trade isn't going to happen because Tebow won't want to give up on being a QB but if it did, I have no doubt that Belichick would use the talents of a strong, tall, powerful and relatively fast football player very effectively, and am surprised by the number of Patsfans wo think he could not do so.

I don't see it, but if Belichick thinks that Tebow's worth trading for, then I'll be more than a little curious to see what kind of role he and McDaniels have planned for him. Would be interesting to see, to say the least.

That said, I'd still be borderline shocked if Tebow doesn't end up in Jacksonville. They can't fill their stadium, he will fill their stadium, Blaine Gabbert sucks. it all adds up, to the point that he's more valuable to them than to anyone else, by far. I'd think that they'd have to be willing to offer more in trade than anyone else will.

Last edited:
Manning has chosen the Broncos. Reports are that Denver will, indeed, try to trade Tebow.

Let The (Patsfans.com word)Games Begin!

Manning has chosen the Broncos. Reports are that Denver will, indeed, try to trade Tebow.

Let The (Patsfans.com word)Games Begin!
now we need to focus on getting steve deosie removed from comcast sports net and weei. ill bump that thread.

Oh God! I hope the Broncos trade Tebow quick to another team because I am not looking forward to months of Tebow to New England crap.

Well, exactly (as I knew full well they were brining in Fells for a meeting and had already signed Lloyd, McDaniels has shown a GREAT amount of interest in brining in players he's worked with to the Patriots... Hence my winky emoticon.

And while I fully agree that Tebow himself likely wants to play QB and hence would not want to come here to take on a different role (even if its in his own best interest) I can't fathom why so many Patsfans would insult Belichick and McDaniels by suggesting that they would be unable to find a role for a player who, love him or hate him, requires defenses to make note of where he is at all times - and even when they KNOW he's going to run with the ball are often unable to stop him from picking up 5, 10, 15 yards etc...

We've seen that ourselves when the Patriots played him and you can bet that if anyone could figure out how to drive defensive coordinators crazy using Tebow it would be Belichick and McDaniels.

While some would like to use stats to "prove" he couldn't line up as a RB or FB they might want to look back to the playoffs when McDaniels successfully confounded defenses a few times using Hernandez as an RB... something our own Patsfans "experts" likely would have scoffed at before it actually happened as well.

This trade isn't going to happen because Tebow won't want to give up on being a QB but if it did, I have no doubt that Belichick would use the talents of a strong, tall, powerful and relatively fast football player very effectively, and am surprised by the number of Patsfans wo think he could not do so.

1-Tebow wants to play QB and won't be one in NE.

2-Belichick loves Tebow but wouldn't trade for him to convert him to a position he doesn't want to play.

3-Belichick would bring him in as a street free agent once he has given up trying to be a QB and is willing to play as an H-Back.

Why would either Tebow or the Pats do this? Tebow probably feels he is ready to lead an NFL team, and given his temporary success last year, who can blame him, and by the same token, why would the Pats want a back-up QB for whom they would have to change their whole offense, or pray he never has to play? He can't run our offense. And yes, I know, Tebow doesn't have a "say" if he is traded, but would Elway dump the guy AND ruin his career? This rumor makes no sense. BB is probably laughing in the corner of his office at how everyone picked up this "leaked" tidbit.

WHO would trade for Tebow? And WHAT would they trade? I can't imagine anyone giving up much if anything for him. The bigger question is what will happen to all those thousands of Broncos Tebow jerseys. I sort of feel sorry for the guy getting kicked to the curb like this.

I think the most logical trade scenario would be sending him to Jax for a 2nd or 3rd....but first see if you can trade Gabbert to Miami for their first! With Tebow, Drew and 2 high 1st round picks makes Jax better now. Gabbert could be better than any QB Miami could field, sign or draft.

WHO would trade for Tebow? And WHAT would they trade? I can't imagine anyone giving up much if anything for him. The bigger question is what will happen to all those thousands of Broncos Tebow jerseys. I sort of feel sorry for the guy getting kicked to the curb like this.

The Jest would love to have him!

If we can get him for a 4th and/or 5th round pick, and he is willing to not be a QB, you do it in a heartbeat.

I think the most logical trade scenario would be sending him to Jax for a 2nd or 3rd....but first see if you can trade Gabbert to Miami for their first! With Tebow, Drew and 2 high 1st round picks makes Jax better now. Gabbert could be better than any QB Miami could field, sign or draft.

I know Miami has struggled to find a QB since Marino, but even the LOLphins aren't that stupid!

If we can get him for a 4th and/or 5th round pick, and he is willing to not be a QB, you do it in a heartbeat.

So... you pay round 1. QB money to your 3rd best TE?

and before people say it.. re-structure... shmee-structure... it ain't happening to that extent

For those who care: 8 of 9 non-sponsored trends on Twitter now are NFL-related. Four are Tebow-related. None are "Peyton" or "Manning."

Last edited:

You have Got To Be Kidding

Gabbert has minimal to no trade value

Any value Tebow had is diminished knowing that Horseface Elway at Denvah is desperate to unload the guy. Late round pick.

I think Belichick would love to have Tebow and its pretty easy to work out why. Tebow has character, he is a leader of men and he works extremely hard. I think Belichick would look at Tebow as a project worth taking on even if he still wants to play QB.

I want to see Denver trade Tebow for Gabbert, straight up. They'd get someone who might actually be capable of learning how to be a real QB, let him learn from one of the best.

I want to see Denver trade Tebow for Gabbert, straight up. They'd get someone who might actually be capable of learning how to be a real QB, let him learn from one of the best.

I think the Jags should do that too. Gabbert looks like a complete bust. Why take the chance for another terrible year? Go with Tebow. That would be highly entertaining. Tebow and MJD would be a deadly team. Lord knows they don't have any decent WRs

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes