PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tebow, Blount, Edelman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've suggested this before... And of course, people wrote me off as a crazy white Christian who has know idea what he is talking about... The facts are however, that I know the game of Football front to back... These are some facts... The New England Patriots had more plays ran last season than any other team in the lg. by far... So why can't Tom take a series or 2 off a game?... He is 36... So he would end the game with the normal amount of snaps as other QB's across the lg.... Start Tom and use Tim as kind of a left handed Zone Read Reliever out of the bullpen.. Then the opposing Defense has to game plan for two separate QB's and two separate Offenses... It keeps them off balance IMO... The more playmakers the better IMO.... Another thing that I've gone on record supporting is the 2-point conversion package for TeBow... It's innovative, and I believe we will see it a lot from Chip Kelly in Philly this upcoming season... If the percentile of the 2 point conversion package is over 80-90%, it's a good idea to go for 2 more times than not, unless arithmetic, # of possessions or time says otherwise... God Bless

How long do you figure the mods will let you troll here before they ban you? Do you think you'll make it to training camp?

stop your nonsensical ravings...YOU are why people across the internet dread Tebow joining their team. SB 1 's point is a good one and exacerbated by the mindnumbingly horrific crunching Tebow took in his very next playoff game...against one of the laughingstock defenses in the league that year. How can you NOT see how hopeless you are preaching a Tebow victory versus Pittsburgh to Patriot fans who witnessed HIS complete reduction to inconsequential the very next week? What is it? Are you trying to get us to UNSEE what we've seen?

See, that's the thing I can't stand. If you read what I wrote in this thread, I talked about Tebow, Blount, and Edelman. You and SB1 decided to write things that didn't make sense. I am not preaching a Tebow victory and also agreed that the Pats crushed the Broncos the next week.

How long do you figure the mods will let you troll here before they ban you? Do you think you'll make it to training camp?

they banned him three or four times until they hit him with the death penalty at J.I. We have an ignore function that I think will be brought out of mothballs in his case.

I am confused what has the great_champion done to deserve the attacks he has received other than offer a differing opinion. I am new here, so if you can fill me in cause I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

I've suggested this before... And of course, people wrote me off as a crazy white Christian who has know idea what he is talking about... The facts are however, that I know the game of Football front to back... These are some facts... The New England Patriots had more plays ran last season than any other team in the lg. by far... So why can't Tom take a series or 2 off a game?... He is 36... So he would end the game with the normal amount of snaps as other QB's across the lg.... Start Tom and use Tim as kind of a left handed Zone Read Reliever out of the bullpen.. Then the opposing Defense has to game plan for two separate QB's and two separate Offenses... It keeps them off balance IMO... The more playmakers the better IMO.... Another thing that I've gone on record supporting is the 2-point conversion package for TeBow... It's innovative, and I believe we will see it a lot from Chip Kelly in Philly this upcoming season... If the percentile of the 2 point conversion package is over 80-90%, it's a good idea to go for 2 more times than not, unless arithmetic, # of possessions or time says otherwise... God Bless

Do you like Tim Tebow the football player or Tim Tebow the Christian? I only ask because you seem to reference your faith in each post that pertains to Tebow.

I personally am talking about Tebow the football player and for that reason I don't replace Brady with him a few series a game because I think it removes potentially the best QB in the game in replaces him with potentially the worst. Not a winning formula generally speaking.

I am confused what has the great_champion done to deserve the attacks he has received other than offer a differing opinion. I am new here, so if you can fill me in cause I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

I think his football arguments lose validness when he precursors them with his Christianity. I take no issue with his faith I just question if his motive is to promote Tebow as a football player or to promote the Christian religion. Most of us come here to just talk sports and escape the every day discussions of religion and politics.

I think that is what cause some negative response but I could be wrong.

Brady6:
There has been a deliberate "deconstruction" of Tim Tebow by
sports commentators and other "so-called" NFL experts. I am not calling its a
conspiracy, but a "bandwagon" campaign to demonize Tim - and it has
been successful. In 12-16 months he has fallen from a quarterback who
set five PASSING records in a playoff game to a football player (not a
quarterback) who: 1. Will never be an NFL quarterback, 2. Can't pass,
3. can't read defenses, 4. Has terrible footwork, 5. Has terrible arm
motion, and 6. Comes with so much "baggage" that no sane coach would
want him on his team. These alleged deficiencies are not now the
opinions of individual commentators , but made to out to facts

The fact that he led the Broncos to a 7 and 4 record in 2011 after
those same Broncos started the season 1 and 4, and then won a playoff
game when he set the five PASSING records previously mentioned is
ignored or trivialized. In those 11 regular season games Tim threw 271
passes and completed 126. This was accomplished with a subpar group of
receivers who, in addition to having a tough time getting open, dropped
many well-thrown balls (6 against the Bears, 4 against the Vikings, 3
against the Chiefs; and only 8 were thrown).

As to the alleged "baggage" that Tim brings with him - 99% of that
"baggage" has been created by the media - those very people who
continually find reasons why Tim is not, and never will be, an NFL
quarterback. It wasn't his fans that brought those TV cameras and
reporters to the Jet's training camp; and it wasn't his fans that were
talking every day about Tim Tebow on their sports programs!

These same "experts" frequently state that if you are going to play
Tim Tebow, you will have to completely rewrite your playbook to
accommodate his style of play, and this is not easily done or
desirable. Nonsense! The basic set (in a Tebow play from scrimmage)
is a "read-option." Every NFL team has this in their playbook.
Carolina, Washington and San Francisco seem to do well with quarterbacks
who work out of this set. Tim did well in Denver using this system
despite having a coach and general manager who resented his presence.

Along that line (and this is just my opinion), I suspect that Rex
Ryan's reluctance to use Tim as a quarterback for any extended period of
time was the fear that Tim would be successful and thereby create a
"difficult" quarterback situation that Rex Ryan did not want to face.

Tim Tebow has proven that he can be a successful NFL quarterback and
it is a crime that he is not being given the opportunity to again win
some games for an NFL team.

Just because he was a backup QB for the New York Jets and Just because they didn't play him doesn't mean he sucks. It's bandwagon logic IMO.

I think his football arguments lose validness when he precursors them with his Christianity. I take no issue with his faith I just question if his motive is to promote Tebow as a football player or to promote the Christian religion. Most of us come here to just talk sports and escape the every day discussions of religion and politics.

I think that is what cause some negative response but I could be wrong.

Well if he's not personally attacking a poster I don't see what the problem is with him being outspoken about his faith. Whether he came to support Tim because of his football or his Christianity or both seems irrelevant to me. Anyone should be able to support any football player they want without being told it needs to be for X reason. That's all I am saying.

He cares nothing for anything except the pathetic small minded jollies he gets from posting anonymously... a faceless troll whose only aim is to create discord, distrust and ill feeling among the members here. We've endured them many many times before. There are more than a few Jet trolls that speak of our mods with venomous hatred....I believe that is because when you are nuked here, you stay nuked.

Brady6: There has been a deliberate "deconstruction" of Tim Tebow by sports commentators and other "so-called" NFL experts. I am not calling its a
conspiracy, but a "bandwaggon" campaign to demonize Tim - and it has
3. can't read defenses, 4. Has terrible footwork, 5. Has terribel arm

desireable. Nonsense! The basic set (in a Tebow play from scrimmage)

Just because he was a backup QB for the New York Jets and Just because they didn't play him doesn't mean he sucks. It's bandwagon logic IMO.

I don't think he sucks. I think he needs to be developed. I'd like to see him end up on IR with the Foxboro Flu and work with BB/JM behind the scenes. Then I'd like to see them trade Mallett for a draft pick after this season and turn the backup QB role over to Tebow in 2014.

I think it would be premature to just throw him out there in 2013. And it would not do him or the team any good.

Well if he's not personally attacking a poster I don't see what the problem is with him being outspoken about his faith. Whether he came to support Tim because of his football or his Christianity or both seems irrelevant to me. Anyone should be able to support any football player they want without being told it needs to be for X reason. That's all I am saying.

I take no issue with it. I am just here to discuss football. If you review my posts I don't attack him or anyone else. I just attempt to keep to football.

He can share his faith. He can share his belief in Tebow the football player. I do believe both lose their message though when you try to deliver them as one.

American_Champion is a troll who's done this same act on another site. He'll eventually post something stupid enough to get himself banned.

I don't think he sucks. I think he needs to be developed. I'd like to see him end up on IR with the Foxboro Flu and work with BB/JM behind the scenes. Then I'd like to see them trade Mallett for a draft pick after this season and turn the backup QB role over to Tebow in 2014.

I think it would be premature to just throw him out there in 2013. And it would not do him or the team any good.

oh okay now I can work with you. I thought you were attacking Tim Tebow and saying he sucks. I can somewhat agree with your latest response. Tim can learn alot from Brady.

oh okay now I can work with you. I thought you were attacking Tim Tebow and saying he sucks. I can somewhat agree with your latest response. Tim can learn alot from Brady.

I play semi amateur football so you will never hear me say someone who has ever been part of a 53 man roster in the NFL sucks.

Tebow in my eyes is a developmental player as a QB. I am interested to see how things turn out for him.

American_Champion is a troll who's done this same act on another site. He'll eventually post something stupid enough to get himself banned.

I have a feeling there will be a major flush of the recent onslaught of toilet matter very soon. :lever:

I play semi amateur football so you will never hear me say someone who has ever been part of a 53 man roster in the NFL sucks.

Tebow in my eyes is a developmental player as a QB. I am interested to see how things turn out for him.

do you want to go pro?

do you want to go pro?

To late for that now, age is no longer on my side. I would of loved to when I was younger but I was not good enough. Now I do for the workout, fun and social interaction.

As a fan of Tim, I would be happy with this scenario. Though I think he's better than some of the bottom feeding starting quarterbacks in the league now (gabert etc...) I would have NO problem with him working on his flaws in the second best organization (Raven fan here... Sorry :p) tutoring under the best QB to ever play the game with the coach who originally drafted him... I'm thrilled with this move and hope they plan on just sitting him on the bench and developing him.

Brady6:
There has been a deliberate "deconstruction" of Tim Tebow by
sports commentators and other "so-called" NFL experts. I am not calling its a
conspiracy, but a "bandwagon" campaign to demonize Tim - and it has
3. can't read defenses, 4. Has terrible footwork, 5. Has terrible arm

desirable. Nonsense! The basic set (in a Tebow play from scrimmage)

1) Thomas and Decker are "sub-par" receivers? Since when?
2) Wins are a team stat, not a QB stat. This isn't baseball.
3) there isn't one criticism of Tebow's abilities on the football field that isn't true. Plus by all reports he has trouble remembering plays. On THIS team that is a problem.
4) why are you talking about tebow completing 46% of his passes like its a good thing?
5) the read option is a fad and it will go the way of the wildcat soon. And this team doesn't have the personnel for a read option and doesn't need it with Brady running the show.
6) tebow wasn't good enough to beat mark sanchez for his job. What does that tell you?
7) elway and fox resented Tim? And you know this....how exactly? Do you work for the Broncos organization?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back