PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tebow, Blount, Edelman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bolden was a core ST player so I think for that reason you could see them both stick. Bolden could also start on PUP I believe he is still recovering from a knee injury. Or I could be wrong?

Yes, you're right. Bolden is recovering from a knee issue. I'm not sure how serious it is though, and whether or not PUP would be a possibility. From what I believed I heard earlier in the summer at mini camp, he was expected to recover relatively sooner as opposed to later. I'm sure we'll have a better understanding in the next month.

This sounds like most Pats fans that I've came across... Always looking to hate on Tim... What is it about him?... Is it his Race?.... Is it his Religion?... Is it his success at every level?... Or is it because he doesn't fit the mold?... Ill go with religion being the main reason.... People, especially liberals just can't stand to see a successful White, Christian do well... It really is sad... God Bless

This sounds like most Pats fans that I've came across... Always looking to hate on Tim... What is it about him?... Is it his Race?.... Is it his Religion?... Is it his success at every level?... Or is it because he doesn't fit the mold?... Ill go with religion being the main reason.... People, especially liberals just can't stand to see a successful White, Christian do well... Is really is sad... God Bless

I personally dislike his reluctance to see that he isn't going to be a starting QB at the NFL level and would be best off making a position change.

I don't hate him however. If he helps us win football games I may even love him.

He will help us Win Football games this season... #Playmaker... And he will be the heir apparent to Tom when he retires...AT STARTING QB.....Think Montana/Young>>>Brady/TeBow..... God Bless

I've also read that he has trouble in short yardage situation, originally I saw him as potentially having a Sammy Morris type role here but given his weakness in the areas you pointed out and his lack of success in short yardage I don't really see a fit unless Ridley is injured in camp.

I don't want to go as far as you have. I see the Patriots going with 4 RBsm and I think the battle for the RB4 spot is legit:

Ridley
Vereen
Washinton
winner of Blount/Bolden camp battle

Washington will be the ST man who spells Vereen, and Blount/Bolden will be the guy who spells Ridley. I could be totally missing here, of course.

We'll start to find out in just under a month.

And just give me 1 reason why Tim should change positions?... The guy has done nothing but Win at QB at EVERY level of Football!!... Would you want to change positions?.... God Bless

I don't want to go as far as you have. I see the Patriots going with 4 RBsm and I think the battle for the RB4 spot is legit:

Ridley
Vereen
Washinton
winner of Blount/Bolden camp battle

Washington will be the ST man who spells Vereen, and Blount/Bolden will be the guy who spells Ridley. I could be totally missing here, of course.

We'll start to find out in just under a month.

If Bolden could figure out how to take his PEDs like everyone else without getting caught he'd be a star.

I gotta sneeze...

God Nose

And just give me 1 reason why Tim should change positions?... The guy has done nothing but Win at QB at EVERY level of Football!!... Would you want to change positions?.... God Bless

Tebow has never been part of a NFL team with a winning record, so he hasn't won at every level. In the games he's started over 3 seasons including the playoffs he is 9-7.

More important than that though is his career 47% completion percentage. That is screams position change IMO.

I've watched a handful of games he's started and he is not a pretty site as football fan when playing QB. It looks like a pickup game at a middle school which I don't think will ever translate into NFL success.

Listen you're obviously a Tebow fan, I honestly could go either way with him. Today though I sincerely believe its in the best interest of Tim and the Patriots to look at alternate positions where his talents could translate to production at the NFL level.

Why is he only a 3rd String QB then.

God bless

He could of at least cleansed Hernandez of his thug tendencies back in 2007. That would of helped us :)

Well, if Tebow doesn't change positions, exactly how many snaps is he going to see? How many did Ryan Mallett have last year as the #2 and the only backup on the roster?

Re: Re: Tebow, Blount, Edelman

This sounds like most Pats fans that I've came across... Always looking to hate on Tim... What is it about him?... Is it his Race?.... Is it his Religion?... Is it his success at every level?... Or is it because he doesn't fit the mold?... Ill go with religion being the main reason.... People, especially liberals just can't stand to see a successful White, Christian do well... It really is sad... God Bless

Its about his inability to make quick decisions and accurately throw a football...or is that not fit your view?

Others want to see some reps for Tebow; apparently you do not. I agree with you that Tebow is a quarterback and nothing else. If Tebow is only a quarterback, these are the options on the patriots.

#2 QUARTERBACK
--------------------
Tebow would need to beat out Mallett. If he won this position, he might get a couple of plays a game, plus perhaps a bit of special teams.

#3 QUARTERBACK
--------------------
Tebow has already replaced Kafka in this role. Obviously, he would be a fine Practice Team quarterback, helping us to get ready for various teams. He also could be considered a developmental quarterback who needs to improve mechanics in order to compete with Mallett for the #2 spot next year (and a new contract). In any case, keeping Tebow as the #3 quarterback would give the team the choice of two backups, this year and next.

BTW, this position would be almost always be an inactive positions.

OPEN QUESTION
Will we keep three quarterbacks? There is plenty of room for a 3rd QB. My preference would be to keep a 6th WR (in addition to Slater), a 4th TE, a 5th RB, a 9th OL or even another Ster. However, I would not be upset if we kept a 3rd quarterback.

BOTTOM LINE
The only way Tebow gets on the filed, absent major injuries, is at a position other than quarterback.

Blount - looked good on the Bucs. Obviously Doug Martin is their future, so Blount had to go. He was a beast at times and has a powerful/explosive game. If he stays healthy, he could be Pro-Bowl caliber.

Edelman - Versatile and shifty. He had some big games for the Pats. I had Welker on my fantasy team and sometimes Edelman would piss me off because it seems like he got all the TDs in particular games.

Tebow - More experience than Mallet and was able to win with John Fox tying his arm behind his back. Playoff win experience as well. I'd definitely start Tebow ahead of Mallet if Brady got injured. Tebow is the more proven guy out of the two. I know people don't like to hear it, but that's the truth.

heh...Tebow has "more experience" than Mallett IN THE PATRIOTS OFFENSIVE SYSTEM?

you don't play QB for the Pats by just running around and passing on broken plays. Your take is that of a neophyte. Please stop posting nonsense.

More experience than Mallet and was able to win with John Fox tying his arm behind his back. Playoff win experience as well.

-----

Yeah about that "playoff win"....

Despite what conventional wisdom might tell you, in reality 31.6 yards per completion is much more of a damning indictment of a horrific defensive performance than a compliment to the QB's performance.

Let's also not forget how Tebow's Broncos finished 8-8, played poorly in December, and backed into the playoffs.

No one is saying Tim can't move past Mallett on the depth chart as the season progresses but it all hinges on how fast he absorbs the offensive playbook. Normally, a good year in the system is required before such a jump.Brady picked it up pretty quickly but still was about 30% capable in it as he is today. Mallett has a number of seasons under his belt, has a great arm and great physical tools. I expect Tebow to be a versatile player his first season here, not bucking for #2.

heh...Tebow has "more experience" than Mallett IN THE PATRIOTS OFFENSIVE SYSTEM?

you don't play QB for the Pats by just running around and passing on broken plays. Your take is that of a neophyte. Please stop posting nonsense.

What you said makes absolutely no sense. By your logic, nobody should ever start over another person if the other person is more experienced in the current system. That means theoretically, if Aaron Rodgers fell into the Jets lap three months before the season started, the Jets should start Mark Sanchez.

I'm not saying Tebow is the greatest, I'm just saying I think he has more experience in general than Ryan Mallet, and a proven history of winning.

Let's also not forget how Tebow's Broncos finished 8-8, played poorly in December, and backed into the playoffs.

He took over when they were already 1-4.

"Backed into the playoffs" is a something that happens all the time but was not made into a catch phrase until Tebow came along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down