PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TE Daniel Fells and Jake Ballard cut

Indeed. This news bodes very well for Develin's chances at a roster spot. It also increases Winn's chances as well.

Re: Re: Ballard Cut

I agree that we will have fewer 2 TE sets until Gronk is back.

You mean Hooman as the starter?

If Hooman is the starter, what is the disadvantage of play Suds in a significant number of 2 TE sets? After all, the loss in production is in starting Hooman instead of Ballard or Fells.

No I mean Fells as the starter and us running with a 3 receiver set as the primary package, occasionally reverting to a 2 TE set with Sudfeld at the flex and Fells at the Y.

Unless Fells was cut during my writing this post, which wouldn't surprise me the way things have been coming down thus far.

Re: Ballard Cut

No I mean Fells as the starter and us running with a 3 receiver set as the primary package, occasionally reverting to a 2 TE set with Sudfeld at the flex and Fells at the Y.

Unless Fells was cut during my writing this post, which wouldn't surprise me the way things have been coming down thus far.

Yup, he was cut.

:)

Fells was cut, and Ballard has been cut.

Fells was cut too.

:lol: now that's funny, when I posted that the title was only that Ballard was cut.

It looks like Hooman won the job after all this, which I don't think any of us expected.

It looks like Hooman won the job after all this, which I don't think any of us expected.
He won the job of H-Back, and that's about it.

The Patriots probably won't even need the 2 TE combo until Gronkowski comes back in week 3 or 4. Buffalo and New York will be pushovers so no need to showcase all of your arsenal.

Until Rob returns I expect a lot of 3 WR sets and 1 TE in Sudfeld. The Patriots can get the job done with that.

Re: Re: Ballard Cut

:)

Fells was cut, and Ballard has been cut.

:lol: seriously this why I love this time of year, you predict one thing look away for a few minutes and Belichick cut the player.

Gronkowski must be further along than we thing or we has a trade or signing imminent.

That's the reason why I think he makes the team. He can be used as a FB and as an H-Back and be effective in both roles. We all know how Belichick loves his Swiss Army Knife types, and Develin would seem to fall under that description.

I disagree. I think the fact we didn't cut Hooman (and I now think we are done cutting TEs) means we don't keep Develin. Those 2 IMO were compete for that "Swiss Army Knife type" spot as you call it (which I must add is a good subscription)

I could be wrong of course but that is what I read into as far as that battle goes.

He won the job of H-Back, and that's about it.

The Patriots properly won't even need the 2TE combo until Gtonkowski comes back in week 3 or 4. Buffalo and New York will be pushovers so no need to showcase all of your arsenal.

You don't know that BB won't keep both Hooman and Develin. For all we know, he could be keeping Develin to let Hooman play more TE, if he thinks that's a better position for him.

That's not necessarily my opinion, but it could be Belichick's.

Maybe one, or both, will be back after week 1?

You don't know that BB won't keep both Hooman and Develin. For all we know, he could be keeping Develin to let Hooman play more TE, if he thinks that's a better position for him.

That's not necessarily my opinion, but it could be Belichick's.
That's a possibility too. I believe they keep both for the time being.

@ Bob: Yeah, economics could've played a part in these cuts so that's definitely a possibility.

Pretty excited to see what Suddy can do in a real game! Looking forward to another Nevada boy doing well in the league!!!

Maybe one, or both, will be back after week 1?

Well I think that is probably the case for Fells but not Ballard. I believe (not 100% sure) that Ballard's contract was not guaranteed and he was making basically the minimum anyway. I think he just couldn't get healthy in time.

never been a fan of Fells on any level - too bad about Ballard

Maybe Ballard will end up back with the Giants as if nothing transpired last season and the Pats never picked him up.

Alex Silvestro is available

Maybe Ballard will end up back with the Giants as if nothing transpired last season and the Pats never picked him up.

I don’t agree with that I think Ballard is done, the injury he suffered is no joke, Ballard is not somebody who could lose a step or a level of agility and still be a viable player in the NFL. We saw it on Wednesday with Dowling and again today with Ballard, the difference between being in the NFL or out of the NFL is minimal, and a serious injury can change everything.

yeah i think ballards career in the NFL is pretty close to over

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back