PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Taylor Price......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of good free agent WR have come here and flopped, so why not expect it from a rookie? In New England, all the traditional traits of a good WR are irrelevant. The only thing that matters is whether or not you look at a defense and see the exact same thing as Tom Brady. If you do, you get the ball. If you don't, you don't (and you look bad doing it).

Then there's Tiquan, who got on the same page as Brady and then miffed an easy TD catch. On any other team, he'd be a gonner. But the Pats might keep him if he really is in sync with Mr. Brady. Ocho still hasn't gotten to that point so, despite being a better WR, will probably be dumped.

Price will go somewhere else where the offense is less dependent on pre-snap reads, and probably do just fine.

I agree with most of the other posters. The simple fact that Underwood received 19 snaps spoke volumes regarding where they think Price is in his development.

He isn't healthy. Players who are hurt typically don't play. No need to read any more into this.
Injuries have been the biggest problem for.this kid. He just can't get on the field or STAY on the field. And, when and if he does get on the field....others on the depth chart have passed him by. I had REALLY high hopes for the kid this year....now who knows what will happen to him....

Had to be his injuries why he didn't see the field yesterday. Even when Hoyer was in, No. 10 was the WR instead of TP.

I was just listening to Tom Brady on WEEI and he was asked about Tiqaun Underwood and Taylor Price. His answer was that Underwood practices hard and has picked up the offense quick. He did not even mention TP. I take that has a indication that Price does not practice hard,and that he does not grasp the offense very well. Thus Underwood playing and TP sitting.

Just friggin great...another wide receiver bust. why the hell did we draft him anyway? What did he ever do in college?

Could it be Price isn't as good as we all thought he'd be?

I am hoping that Price's hammy tighened up on him a bit and that is why he didn;t leave the bench.

Also because Price played in a funky offense in college, he may need a full two years of red shirt time before he can gain Brady's confidence. Of course it might help more if Price spent time with Brady in the offseason.

I like what I saw from Price in the preseason and I remain hopeful that he can get healthy and become a key contributor in this offense next season.

Just friggin great...another wide receiver bust. why the hell did we draft him anyway? What did he ever do in college?

Bill being Bill. He wants to get value in his pics and it seems that he often tries to go the unconventional route. While I often question BB's drafting, Price seemed like a good pick to me at the time. He's athletic, can fly and was productive in college.

I was just listening to Tom Brady on WEEI and he was asked about Tiqaun Underwood and Taylor Price. His answer was that Underwood practices hard and has picked up the offense quick. He did not even mention TP. I take that has a indication that Price does not practice hard,and that he does not grasp the offense very well. Thus Underwood playing and TP sitting.

That says is all for me Taylor Price cannot cut it here and wont be on this Team next year. If our Offense is so complex we have to stop drafting these projects so early. Bethel Johnson played in a ******ed Offense too but atleast he showed waaaay more than Price when given an opportunity. I hope this is the last thread we see on Price for a guy who hasn't shown nothing he gets way too much play around here.

He's been here two years? Three? Not sure. Got into a regular season game last year prior to t he play-off loss to the YETS. Looked good. Then? Nothing, a whole lot of nothing. I'm tired of waiting for something and getting nothing. If he wants to play, he should be doing everything he can to get in the games and if he doesn't or can't, cut him because he is doing nothing and the team needs less nothing and more something.

Don't worry guys, he's just injured and playing behind a talented Ochocinco! It's not his fault!

He's hurt. Do you understand now?

I hope thats the reason. As i was as excited as anyone by the miami game last year and the pre seaso nthis year.

If he's hurt like you say... why was he dressed for the game yesterday?

I hope thats the reason. As i was as excited as anyone by the miami game last year and the pre seaso nthis year.

Maybe his hamstring tightened up during warmups again?

Because 6 guys were already out with injury, and Mallett obviously wasn't going to play. Those 7 were the 7 inactives. Bill apparently decided they were more likely to lose 2-3 WRs than 2 QBs (especially with Branch dealing with an injury of his own), and that Price could've played if absolutely necessary.

Last edited:
Because 6 guys were already out with injury, and Mallett obviously wasn't going to play. Those 7 were the 7 inactives. Bill apparently decided they were more likely to lose 2-3 WRs than 2 QBs (especially with Branch dealing with an injury of his own), and that Price could've played if absolutely necessary.

This is my take too. Lot of people here coming down hard on the guy. I share the frustration, but maintain hope for Price. The career has gotten off to a difficult beginning: Late start last year because of the way his school operates.Then as Reiss predicted the lockout hurt Price a lot — because of his background/school's offense he really needed some off-season coaching. (I still say if this was a normal off-season and the coaches had a chance to work with him, Ocho would not be here). Then the injury bug (many of us saw the locker room video a couple of weeks ago when he looked pretty hobbled joining the celebration). I know — it's an unlikely string of setbacks — which sound like excuses. But that's the way it's been. Certainly my "is this the week for Price?" enthusiasm has waned with every disappointing week and I'm getting to the "c'mon man ..." stage, but I can't see calling him a bust at this point.

Taylor Price is their secret weapon. It's not time to unveil it yet, shhh......

Hate to say it but I wouldn't put it past BB. He will wait til the playoffs to play Price or Ocho.

Last edited:
Hate to say it but I wouldn't put it past BB. He will wait til the playoffs to play Price or Ocho.
Seems to unlikely.

I prefer to see some of these gusy get real reps when the game seems out of hand (mid 3rd quarter if we are up by 17+ points). Get some real speed play and make sure these guys know where to be.

Seems to unlikely.

I prefer to see some of these gusy get real reps when the game seems out of hand (mid 3rd quarter if we are up by 17+ points). Get some real speed play and make sure these guys know where to be.

I agree 100% and that's why I don't understand why these players aren't at least given a chance when the games are out of reach. Both Price and Ocho must be doing something right otherwise they would have been given their walking slips. We know BB will get rid of any player who he feels isn't good enough or wont benefit the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST