PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Taylor could be gone for awhile: Reiss

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned at roster cutting time that the Patriots should carry

five running backs for insurance against Maroney, Morris, or

Taylor getting injured. Time to collect on our insurance premium.

Am I the only one that thinks we're actually getting a bit lucky to have so many relatively minor injuries without the "big one"? At this rate, we'll have a healthy, fresh team for the stretch run.

Nice way to jinx it.

Pity...hope he will be back soon

anyway we are deep at at the role: Morris, Faulk, Maroney & Green Ellis; not bad

but let's hope Fred Taylor will return quickly

Where the hell did anyone compare Maroney to Adrian Peterson? Peterson could be serviceable behind any line in the NFL, and is as good as he is largely because he's running behind one of the best in the business.

Maroney= Chris Johnson without the vision

2007 playoffs him not being a significant presence is a REASON why we lost. The premature send MORRIS to the PUP hurt hugely, since he could have returned for playoffs.

Maroney is a BUST. I am done w/ him.

That might be the dumbest thing I've heard on this board this week. Maroney, 2007 playoffs:

3 games: 61 rushes, 280 yards, 4.6 YPC, 3 touchdowns, 5 receptions, 61 yards.

He was averaging 20 carries, 93 yards, and 1 TD per game. Debate the relevance of that to 2009 if you want, but to say that that = not a significant presence is just stupid.

I'm rooting for him to have a big week

As should all of you be

With Taylor out he's the no1 RB so lets at least give him a few more games to see how he does

I stated at the time I thought he had a bad game vs the Ravens but he's got a a few games now to take the lead and balance the offense. If he fails im willing to agree with the majority but at least give him a few more games before y'all cut the dude

Don't you know that BJGE is the second coming of Corey Dillon?

I think Maroney will be huge for us against Denver. Bailey will be on Moss, and Denver will focus on limited Wes Welker. Maroney and Ben Watson could have huge games. I'd also like to see more from Baker and Matthews this week.

Maroney is a huge offensive weapon. His vision and ability to run in traffic are limited, but few backs could run consistently with the kind of room he's had. It's the offense's fault for not using him more effectively and getting him the ball in a position to do some damage with it.

*Getting ready to quote this post after yet another disappointing performance from Maroney*

2007 playoffs him not being a significant presence is a REASON why we lost. The premature send MORRIS to the PUP hurt hugely, since he could have returned for playoffs.

Maroney is a BUST. I am done w/ him.

What the hell are you talking about? Maroney was a very significant part of the 2007 Play-offs. He ran roughshod over the Chargers and Jaguars.. Also, Morris wasn't put on the PUP. He was put on the Injured Reserve. And he was put there because he wasn't going to be healthy.

The least you could do is have your facts straight.

That might be the dumbest thing I've heard on this board this week. Maroney, 2007 playoffs:

3 games: 61 rushes, 280 yards, 4.6 YPC, 3 touchdowns, 5 receptions, 61 yards.

He was averaging 20 carries, 93 yards, and 1 TD per game. Debate the relevance of that to 2009 if you want, but to say that that = not a significant presence is just stupid.

IN THE BIG GAME HE DID nothing. SB

get that stat... HOTSHOT

I'm rooting for him to have a big week

As should all of you be

With Taylor out he's the no1 RB so lets at least give him a few more games to see how he does

I stated at the time I thought he had a bad game vs the Ravens but he's got a a few games now to take the lead and balance the offense. If he fails im willing to agree with the majority but at least give him a few more games before y'all cut the dude

I'm rooting for him to do horrible. That's right. The quicker he is out of the game, the power running game comes into effect.

Just got pics of Taylor's post-ankle surgery.

Attachments

• 88822_feature.jpg
    88822_feature.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
**** NO I WON"T GO

Benjarvis Green Ellis is our best runner now him and Morris should get the snaps.

SHYT this SCKS

If BJGE is so great, why was he not even active 3 of the first 4 weeks. People like you just can't accept that there are different types of running backs and that Maroney is not and has never been a power runner in teh mold of Corey Dillon.

What the hell are you talking about? Maroney was a very significant part of the 2007 Play-offs. He ran roughshod over the Chargers and Jaguars.. Also, Morris wasn't put on the PUP. He was put on the Injured Reserve. And he was put there because he wasn't going to be healthy.

The least you could do is have your facts straight.

get your FACTS straight. I misused PUP when it was IR. Morris was healthy for the back end of the playoffs. Bad call sending him to IR.

I say Maroney breaks out with his best game of the year (>35 yards).

Maroney

27 carries 76 yards 2.9 avg.

Taylor

45 carries 205 yards 4.5 avg.

Morris

13 carries 43 yards 3.3 avg.

Faulk

16 carries 62 yards 3.9 avg.

Cry me a river you Maroney fans.

I say we try to trade Maroney for Chester Taylor.

YPC doesn't tell the whole story. Why don't you actually watch a game or two instead of just posting stats. And, when you do, watch how the O-line blocks on running plays. Count the number of defenders in the back field.

If BJGE is so great, why was he not even active 3 of the first 4 weeks. People like you just can't accept that there are different types of running backs and that Maroney is not and has never been a power runner in teh mold of Corey Dillon.

1- BB did not want to admit his BUST in Maroney by cutting him.
2- FAULK is our 3rd down back he takes up RB spot.
3- We have a boat load of players occupying WR and RB

I'm still waiting for those 2007 SuperBowl running STATS for Maroney.

He sucked.

YPC doesn't tell the whole story. Why don't you actually watch a game or two instead of just posting stats. And, when you do, watch how the O-line blocks on running plays. Count the number of defenders in the back field.

Maroney has played like crap and you know it. I've been watching the games. Last week, Maroney probably ran for - yardage 5 times.

1- BB did not want to admit his BUST in Maroney by cutting him.
2- FAULK is our 3rd down back he takes up RB spot.
3- We have a boat load of players occupying WR and RB

I have been wanting the balls to say 1 for a really long time.

-Thankyou

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST