PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Taylor could be gone for awhile: Reiss

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell are you talking about? Maroney was a very significant part of the 2007 Play-offs. He ran roughshod over the Chargers and Jaguars.. Also, Morris wasn't put on the PUP. He was put on the Injured Reserve. And he was put there because he wasn't going to be healthy.

The least you could do is have your facts straight.

We didn't draft a RB in round 1 to be a sporadic good games rusher - We drafted him to be consistent and to make a difference in the running game and to keep the pressure off of Brady to avoid for him to have all the weight on his shoulders,its hasn't transpired to that.

Maroney has NOT been consistent,HAS been injured often and even when healthy has NOT been much of a factor in hardly any games he was in.

To sum it all up by the end of this season and his career as a pro he's been officially a bust.

I really find it laughable to those who think every week he will have a huge game and every week he pretty much sucks most of 60 minutes and yet we hold our breath hoping that he finally wakes up, only to pull our hair out over another dissapointing performance 3 hours later.

Here is Maroney in SB 42

14 attempts 36 carries 2.57 Y/A

BUST terrible terrible terrible.

Are you saying that if Adrian Peterson or Frank Gore or any of the elite backs had this kind of OL they would suck as bad as Maroney at the LOS?

With how mediocre this O-line is from running play to running play, I would not expect Gore or Peterson to be running nearly as well as they do.

Lets face it,As the guys on Comcast NE Sports Tonight said a few days ago,Maroney is in the wrong profession if he is afraid of making contact - Time for him to grow up and bang a few heads down the middle and make yards on his own that aren't initially there.

Let's face it. The guys on Comcast do it to get a rise out of the uninformed. The people who can't think for themselves. They are they ones who don't understand that there are different types of running backs. There are your power backs, your cut back runners, your 3rd down scatback type runners.

The clock is ticking on Maroney as a Patriot,It appears that once again he will be given a chance to prove his worth...can he do it this time?..we shall see

The clock is ticking on the careers of all the players. Maroney has proven his worth numerous times. The issue is with the bashers who get upset and start throwing their tantrums as soon as one thing goes wrong.

I'm rooting for him to do horrible. That's right. The quicker he is out of the game, the power running game comes into effect.

Gotta love the true fans who get behind the team no matter what

BENJARVUS and Morris...pleasepleaseplease!

Faulk on 3rd down.

please bench Maroney!

I don't care what he says about what motivates him each week. He shouldn't need motivation.

This has got to be the most UNINFORMED post I've seen from you. ALL PLAYERS need and have motivation. What that motivation is differs from player to player. Any player who tells you that they don't have motivation either is a lousy player or they don't understand the word.

don't play this shyt down. FRED TAYLOR was our RUN. Now we do not have him. Get with it. Bad comment.

Considering the drivel you've posted, his seems highly intelligent.

With how mediocre this O-line is from running play to running play, I would not expect Gore or Peterson to be running nearly as well as they do.

Let's face it. The guys on Comcast do it to get a rise out of the uninformed. The people who can't think for themselves. They are they ones who don't understand that there are different types of running backs. There are your power backs, your cut back runners, your 3rd down scatback type runners.

The clock is ticking on the careers of all the players. Maroney has proven his worth numerous times. The issue is with the bashers who get upset and start throwing their tantrums as soon as one thing goes wrong.

I truly hope Maroney can find his nutsack and run through the middle of the defense with power and try and get through the season with some decent numbers like maybe 800 yards but as we know thats unlikely.

If Belichick had full confidence in Maroney I don't think Fred Taylor would have been here nor do I think BJGE would have stuck on the 53 - Maroney is made to blend in with a 5 man rotation this year,I hardly think he is the best of this bunch.

Well, looks like all the people that wanted to see BJGE start will get another look at him in all of his glory: one to two yard runs and a cloud of dust. This really sucks. However, I don't expect to see us just abandon the run. We still have Sammy, Maroney, and Faulk.

my acronym has caught on :cool: "BJGE"

Dude- it wasn't "YOUR" acronym.. People have been calling him BGJE and "LAW FIRM" since he was in camp last year.

Considering the drivel you've posted, his seems highly intelligent.

drivel. I'm sorry that you think Maroney matters. When in fact he is quite useless and injury prone. Too bad Maroney isn't the one w/ the ankle injury.

I want the Patriots to win. Lets do some algebra.

R+P+D=W

Running+Passing+Defense= Win. I feel Maroney is damaging our running game.

I have been wanting the balls to say 1 for a really long time.

-Thankyou

Some one had to do it.

Originally Posted by HarkDawg View Post
1- BB did not want to admit his BUST in Maroney by cutting him.
2- FAULK is our 3rd down back he takes up RB spot.
3- We have a boat load of players occupying WR and RB

I don't think ANYONE here HATES Maroney he probably is a pretty nice guy off the field and in the locker room ....BUT We just don't see anything from him that makes it seem like he is an asset to this team other than an occasional side pass out of the backfield for a 5-8 yard gain which is what he is good for,not much else lately.

Last edited:
If Belichick had full confidence in Maroney I don't think Fred Taylor would have been here nor do I think BJGE would have stuck on the 53 - Maroney is made to blend in with a 5 man rotation this year,I hardly think he is the best of this bunch.

I dont think it matters, BB likes to have a slew of decent running backs because its a position where its an injury waiting to happen.

Everyone seems to forget Maroney's good games. In his rookie year everyone was saying what a great pick, then Felger and some other jackasses start with the he's fragile blah blah and the masses jump on the ship. I still have faith that Maroney, given the chance will prove himself.

Maroney

27 carries 76 yards 2.9 avg.

Taylor

45 carries 205 yards 4.5 avg.

Morris

13 carries 43 yards 3.3 avg.

Faulk

16 carries 62 yards 3.9 avg.

Cry me a river you Maroney fans.

I say we try to trade Maroney for Chester Taylor.

Amen.........

IN THE BIG GAME HE DID nothing. SB

get that stat... HOTSHOT

kid-rock.jpg

"I... AM... Internet Badass!"

Nobody could have run on the Giants' defense that day... especially with Stephen Neal getting injured. You've probably never played football before in your life so I'll fill you in: a RB's job is not to clear defensive lineman that are 40 pounds heavier than he is out of the way. That is the lineman's job. If the lineman isn't doing that, then the RB is not going to have much luck.

Would you call Brandon Jacobs a good running back? I'm sure you would if you had a brain between your ears. Here's a fun fact: Jacobs have six more yards (42) than Maroney did (36) despite the fact that he had the same amount of rushing attempts that Maroney did. But I guess Brandon Jacobs sucks too. :rolleyes:

Well this is why we have 5 running backs. 3 of our running backs are made of glass, the law firm we don't know yet, and faulk is legit healthwise.

At the end of the season, I expect us to have only 2 healthy rbs---BJGE and Faulk.

For a NUMBER ONE DP- Maroney is very unimpressive. :singing:

I would like to see Maroney get 20-25 carries. How often do you see a back start off slow, and then start to break big runs as the defense wears down? It's not fair to give him 4 carries for 6 yards and call it a terrible game. When he was running 20-25 times (ie., 2007 playoffs) he was a stud.

I'd like to see this against Denver.

Maroney's first year (2006) he never got more than 19 carries a game. He ran for over 100 yards once (against Cincinnati for 125 yards on 15 carries), and finished with a very respectable 745 yards rushing on 175 carries for a 4.3 average, and 6 TDs, in 14 games. He had 22 receptions for 194 yards, including catches of 33, 34, 41 and 69 yards. Maroney split duties with Corey Dillon, who had 812 yards rushing in a full 16 games, with 98 yards in his best game, for a 4.1 YPG average.

Maroney's second year (2007) he missed 3 games but ran for 835 yards on 185 carries for a 4.5 average and 6 TDs, including a 59 yard TD run. That projects to 1027 yards and 8-9 TDs over a full season. He had only 4 completions but had 116 yards receiving, with receptions of 37 and 79 yards, the latter the longest offensive play of the year for the Pats. Only twice did he get over 20 rushing touches in a game, both against the Jets (20 and 26). He had 3 100 yard rushing games, including 2 out of the last 3 games (104 yards against the Jets, and a career best 156 yards on only 14 carries against Miami).

In 2008 Maroney rushed for only 28 attempts while injured before being placed on IR. He never got over 10 rushing attempts in a game, and he didn't have a reception.

So far in 2009 Maroney hasn't gotten more than 7 rush attempts a game, with 27 total carries. He's had 3 receptions.

Maroney has rushed for over 70 yards 10 times (4 times in 2006 and 6 times in 2007). The Pats are 10-0 in those games.

The statistics are fairly clear over the 2006-2007 seasons. Maroney makes big plays. Get him enough touches, and get the ball in his hands (preferably with some space) and good things will happen. And the Pats win games when he touches the ball.

Maroney was on IR most of last year. Of course he's rusty. He needs work to get back his form. He won't do it on 6-7 runs a game. But unless he's injured, there's no reason to believe that getting him the ball won't result in big plays.

I dont think it matters, BB likes to have a slew of decent running backs because its a position where its an injury waiting to happen.

Everyone seems to forget Maroney's good games. In his rookie year everyone was saying what a great pick, then Felger and some other jackasses start with the he's fragile blah blah and the masses jump on the ship. I still have faith that Maroney, given the chance will prove himself.

I heard the same things about Chad Jackson...He will be good ...he will be good .....he will be good..give him time :rolleyes:

A Year or so later BB was tired of watching his 2nd rounder suck and cut him and now Chad is working as a greeter at Macy's .... If Maroney can't do anything this year I see no team in the league looking at him if he gets cut next season.

Its a what have you done for me lately league,No one cares what you did in the 2007 playoffs or how good of a game you had against the Bengals in 2006...Prove you are worthy of being a NE Patriot NOW....No one gives two fu(ks what happened 2 years ago in sporadic moments of grandeur.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back