PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Taylor could be gone for awhile: Reiss

Status
Not open for further replies.
**** DAMN IT. What the **** is wrong with this team? I feel like it's ******* been seven years since we didn't lose a crucial player in two or three positions, minimum.

To hell with Maroney. He sucks. He's had **** knows how many years. Give it to Morris and Faulk and BJGE.

kid-rock.jpg

"I... AM... Internet Badass!"

Nobody could have run on the Giants' defense that day... especially with Stephen Neal getting injured. You've probably never played football before in your life so I'll fill you in: a RB's job is not to clear defensive lineman that are 40 pounds heavier than he is out of the way. That is the lineman's job. If the lineman isn't doing that, then the RB is not going to have much luck.

Would you call Brandon Jacobs a good running back? I'm sure you would if you had a brain between your ears. Here's a fun fact: Jacobs have six more yards (42) than Maroney did (36) despite the fact that he had the same amount of rushing attempts that Maroney did. But I guess Brandon Jacobs sucks too. :rolleyes:

No..... GIANTS are a RUNNING TEAM

Earth, Wind and Fire. They had the luxury of 3 Solid RB's. Where you could switch it up and run w/ the other 2.

don't make excuses for Maroney's failure to deliver solid runs in THE GAME that mattered most.

Maroney's first two years before he got hurt

ATT YDS AVG TD LNG REC YDS AVG TD LNG
2006 21 NWE NFL 175 745 4.3 6 41 22 194 8.8 1 31 1 0 0 0 0
2007 22 NWE NFL 185 835 4.5 6 59T 4 116 29.0 0 43 0 0 0 0 0

Between 12/16/2007 against the Jets to 1/20/2008 against San Diego he had games of 104, 156, 122 ,122 yards

Id say he was big for us in the stretch.

Here is Maroney in SB 42

14 attempts 36 carries 2.57 Y/A

BUST terrible terrible terrible.

Walter Payton in SB 20:

22 carries 61 yards 2.77 Y/A

BUST. Nice argument going off of one game there, champ. Look at Maroney's career YPC and then let's talk. Actually, let's not talk, your posts are consistently worthless.

Last edited:

Earth, Wind and Fire. They had the luxury of 3 Solid RB's. Where you could switch it up and run w/ the other 2.

don't make excuses for Maroney's failure to deliver solid runs in THE GAME that mattered most.

What a hypocrite you are. You're aware that you just criticized me for making excuses for Maroney when, in the sentence immediately above that, you make excuses for the Giants, right? What the hell does the Giants being a running team have to do with the fact that Brandon Jacobs could not run either that day? What a piss poor argument. Brandon Jacobs rushed the same amount of times as Maroney did and did not have much better results.

Walter Payton in SB 20:

22 carries 61 yards 2.77 Y/A

BUST. Nice argument going off of one game there, champ. Look at Maroney's career YPC and then let's talk.

Yes I will judge him on 1 game. He has not impressed me with a consistent solid running game.

" I'm trying to find the words to describe this girl without being disrespectfulllllllllllll"

What a ridiculous post. How does the fact that the Giants are a running team, yet their best runner was basically equal to Maroney in that game in any way, shape, matter or form weaken Maroney's position?

edit: I just saw your "Yes I will judge him on 1 game" post. I hadn't been sure you were a troll until then. Now it all makes sense.

Last edited:
Its a what have you done for me lately league,No one cares what you did in the 2007 playoffs or how good of a game you had against the Bengals in 2006...Prove you are worthy of being a NE Patriot NOW....No one give two fu(ks what happened 2 years ago in sporadic moments of grandeur.

Thats a different argument than everyone thats saying he's always sucked, he hasnt and I think if healthy and he gets the ball he can do some damage.
Between Sammy and LM I think we're alright.

Here's hoping Maroney shows up. For all the "bust" chatter, Maroney has produced in the past (rookie year, 07 playoffs) so we know he has the ability. I just think he needs to get his confidence back and start trusting his instincts. He looks like he's pressing too hard and trying for a homerun everytime.

Maroney also runs better when he's got a lead blocker (rookie year) or two TEs set (07 playoffs). I think they're running the wrong plays for him in our spread formations. Trying to run power plays up the middle in our spread doesn't work for him. Try some draws and screens (Faulk plays) and some power runs in power formations (Morris plays). Give the guy the rock for 15+ plays and get his confidence up.

when was his last streak of 50-60yds plus of running? How many games in a row was it?

BB keeps him around for a reason, I think he has a plan.

Maybe he's good at Lacrosse ? BB loves Lacrosse.

IN THE BIG GAME HE DID nothing. SB

get that stat... HOTSHOT

So, you go from talking about the Play-offs in 2007 to talking specifically about the SB after you have your arse handed to you. That's called "moving the goal posts". It's a form of spin. And its typically used by those who can't actually say what they mean.

If you think that MARONEY was the reason the pats lost the SB, there is no hope for you. In fact, it just shows that you really don't understand the game because there were bigger reasons that the Patriots lost the SB in 2007. Mainly the poor play of the O-line and the defense dropping at least 2 interceptions (Meriweather and Samuel) and Samuel getting torched by some no name WR on 2 huge completions (one for a TD).

I think people are expecting too much from BJGE. He hasn't been a healthy scratch the last few weeks because Belichick thinks he is too good to be wasted early in the season. I still think BJGE is a JAG and obviously Belichick agrees with me since he hasn't been even dressing him.

Maroney looked tentative last week, but he did have two big plays called back which would have made his day look significantly better than it was. I still think either he or Morris will be the lead back come Sunday. I think that both guys have suffered from splitting carries with Taylor and not getting enough carries since both looked really good at times during this season, but not so much other times. But Taylor deserved the carries.

get your FACTS straight. I misused PUP when it was IR. Morris was healthy for the back end of the playoffs. Bad call sending him to IR.

I have my facts straight. And no, Morris wasn't healthy for the back-end of the play-offs. Shows how much you don't know.

Denver has a lot of confidence in it's run D right now, but they can be run on
Benson, Barber and McFadden all ran ok vs Denver. Lewis had a tough time as he is more of a pounder and is almost cooked anyway.

I gotta expect Morris to get a bulk of the carries vs a quick but somewhat undersized Denver d-line. One cut n go....

1- BB did not want to admit his BUST in Maroney by cutting him.
2- FAULK is our 3rd down back he takes up RB spot.
3- We have a boat load of players occupying WR and RB

1 - Maroney isn't a bust. But I can understand how the uneducated like yourself would think so.

2/3 - So what. What does that have to do with anything you've been babbling on about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News