PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tagliabue: Bills not going anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a hunch, but it seems to me that Ralph Wilson got what he wanted.

"Ralph Wilson, whose vocal complaints sparked Thursday's meeting, will be one of eight owners on a committee that will hammer out details of how teams will qualify for NFL money under the new labor agreement."

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

To qualify, they must have an owner named Wilson..that qualifies them big time...other than that..what difference does it make.. Really..

Too bad, I was hoping to see Baltimore in the AFCE.

Tunescribe said:
Too bad, I was hoping to see Baltimore in the AFCE.

That committee appointment has nothing to do prohibiting old man Wilson's ability to sell the Bills. Gotta love the whining from a guy who's seen an over tenfold appreciation (understatement) in the value of his asset AND made millions every year from that asset.

He has no say he could not keep the Rams, Rams and Browns from moving it will happen

Murphys95 said:
Just a hunch, but it seems to me that Ralph Wilson got what he wanted.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

That strategy may prove to be short sighted, much like approving the recent CBA. There was some speculation a week or two ago that the league giving in to Ralph now to soothe his ego (and get him to quit whining to politicians) could lead to a situation in 2008 where the haves decide to say screw it and opt to let the CBA run out and welcome the uncapped NFL back in 2009 and let the chips fall where they may in 2010 with the NFLPA. With several new stadiums coming on line in the next few years, mostly paid for by taxpayers, there will be a lot more haves increasingly unwilling to share the bulk their newly expanding revenue streams with both the dinosaurs and incompetents of the league and the union.

MoLewisrocks said:
That strategy may prove to be short sighted, much like approving the recent CBA. There was some speculation a week or two ago that the league giving in to Ralph now to soothe his ego (and get him to quit whining to politicians) could lead to a situation in 2008 where the haves decide to say screw it and opt to let the CBA run out and welcome the uncapped NFL back in 2009 and let the chips fall where they may in 2010 with the NFLPA. With several new stadiums coming on line in the next few years, mostly paid for by taxpayers, there will be a lot more haves increasingly unwilling to share the bulk their newly expanding revenue streams with both the dinosaurs and incompetents of the league and the union.

I'll say this again. The NFL is not set up as a competition between the various franchises. It's a question of the franchises versus the players. Wilson is right about one thing: the owners just gave a big concession to the players. The small squirts won't have a real problem paying the players since the league distributes enough revenue to maintain that parity to the cap. But what did happen in the last few months is that the owners collectively agreed to give the players a larger piece of the pie, and this diminished the value of all NFL teams, especially the small ones, because all the margins tightened. This is why Wilson is angry. He just dropped a couple hundred million, I bet. That hurts. It would hurt anyone, in theory.

Regardless, I don't see this as a question of small markets competing with big ones. I see it as margins being crunched, the players making more money, and owners whose entire wealth rests in their football team being chopped by about a third.

Wilson is like the dot.com guys who didn't get out fast enough.

i have nothing contrary if the Bills remain in Buffalo

i hope they stay there

tradition is tradition

upstater1 said:
I'll say this again. The NFL is not set up as a competition between the various franchises.
You are too silly. The franchises are not in competition? Ha ha ha ha. Tell me again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes