PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Suspect drafting past few years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't let accuracy get in the way!! ;)

Further, Kareem Brown was not released on November 27 to get more bodies in the secondary; it was because Colvin went on IR and Chad Brown was signed (and Troy came off PUP). In fact, the Pats, right after that - CUT two guys in the secondary - Eddie Jackson and Rashad Baker.

Katzenmoyer took Johnson's spot at MLB and Bruschi replaced OLB Todd Collins who departed after the '98 season. I got mixed up on who replaced who.

In 1998, the starters at LB were Slade, Johnson and Collins. I can't remember who got injured but that is why Bruschi started those eight games.

In 1999, the original starters were Slade, Johnson and Bruschi.

That's besides the point, we're getting away from my original argument.

That's not what I said. Clearly you aren't intelligent enough to understand that. Nice going. Another wannabee 20/209 hind-sighter who brings NOTHING to the table but his ignorance.

Why are you so angry?

It always boils down to the ignorant putting words in my mouth in some poor attempt to salvage their dignity.

First off, the number of Pro-Bowlers does not determine whether or not the draft was a success. That is your own ignorance talking. You clearly have trouble understanding that.

Secondly, Brandon Meriweather and Jerod Mayo both say HI. So do Vince Wilfork and Ty Warren. But they would also like to remind you that the defense is comprised of 11 players. And when you have the amount of inexperience and new faces on defense that the Patriots do, it takes time for them to Gel. And sometimes it takes more than one season.

Third, You can't evaluate drafts that are less than 3 years old. You can say that things are looking positive or that things are looking bright or things suck, but anything more is you talking out your arse. Every GM, both current and past, has said basically the same thing.

Fourth, I'm still waiting for you to provide to everyone the percentage of success for the Patriots and for the other 31 teams in the league so we can see just how good/bad the Patriots are. I'll even make it easy for you. You only have to do it for 2003-2007 (5 years) http:\\DraftHistory.com - NFL Pro Football College Draft

Lastly, please show me where I said, in this thread, that the Patriots Brass is "Doing a great job." I'd really like to see it.

I might even be tempted to throw Guyton and McGowan into that list. They're not on the same level as those other guys, but I like what they bring. They're not part of the problem and will be part of the re-tooled (again) defense in 2010.

That's besides the point, we're getting away from my original argument.

Damnit, I was hoping to go back to a discussion of the drafting of J'Juan Cherry. :(

Johnson and Tedy didn't even play the same position in '98.

God bless Collins. The comp pick we got from giving up Collins to FA in '99 was the one we used to pick Brady.

Okay, now that we have that sorted out, Bruschi was the backup to Collins or Slade. The point is, he wasn't a full time starter until '99. So to compare his first couple of seasons to Mayo's is unfair.

Okay, now that we have that sorted out, Bruschi was the backup to Collins or Slade. The point is, he wasn't a full time starter until '99. So to compare his first couple of seasons to Mayo's is unfair.

Never mind, I give up. Even I can't follow your deliberate obfuscation as a means of avoid losing a debate.

The point is, Bruschi's number in '98 wasn't spectacular, and suggested that he was simply an "above average" OLB (at the time).

Presently you are arguing that Mayo is a "bust" or either "not worth the 10th pick" (whichever position you are wavering to or from) because his numbers are not spectacular.

My point is that numbers really do not tell the whole story.

Last edited:
It always boils down to the ignorant putting words in my mouth in some poor attempt to salvage their dignity.

First off, the number of Pro-Bowlers does not determine whether or not the draft was a success. That is your own ignorance talking. You clearly have trouble understanding that.

Secondly, Brandon Meriweather and Jerod Mayo both say HI. So do Vince Wilfork and Ty Warren. But they would also like to remind you that the defense is comprised of 11 players. And when you have the amount of inexperience and new faces on defense that the Patriots do, it takes time for them to Gel. And sometimes it takes more than one season.

Third, You can't evaluate drafts that are less than 3 years old. You can say that things are looking positive or that things are looking bright or things suck, but anything more is you talking out your arse. Every GM, both current and past, has said basically the same thing.

Fourth, I'm still waiting for you to provide to everyone the percentage of success for the Patriots and for the other 31 teams in the league so we can see just how good/bad the Patriots are. I'll even make it easy for you. You only have to do it for 2003-2007 (5 years) http:\\DraftHistory.com - NFL Pro Football College Draft

Lastly, please show me where I said, in this thread, that the Patriots Brass is "Doing a great job." I'd really like to see it.

The only one talking out their arse is you sonny boy. I love how you start calling anyone who doesn't agree with you on any thread names. You sir are a total MORON, And still aren't too bright when it comes to football.

Do me a favor and explain to me what the original argument was in regard to drafting. I bet you cannot even get that one right.

Is that other then the 2003 and the 2009 draft's, they have been average to sucky at best. That's my point and I have the evidence to back it up.

Pats1 - Are you having trouble reading my posts or something because you just re-iterated, for the most part, everything that I said while adding in some minor things.

Your point would be valid if those guys had success elsewhere.

Kareem Brown went to the Jets, converted to TE, and is now out of football.

Justin Rogers did nothing with the Cowboys and has been on and off the Chiefs roster this season. Richardson and O'Callaghan are Chiefs reserves.

You are wrong about Rogers. Rogers was a special teams ACE for the Cowboys. He was injured and then given an injury settlement by the Cowboys. And I know this since I am living in the Dallas area. Many people were upset when he was let go, but many didn't know the extent of his injury.

Jackson is out of football. Andrews played in the UFL. Stevenson and Elgin are OOF; Hilliard and Oldenburg are on PS's for the Browns and Redskins.

Stevenson and Elgin both spent 2 seasons on the PS for other teams before being OOF.

Mills is on the Vikings' PS after being claimed to their 53 a full two years ago. Thomas has only benefited from Brees.

Hence the reason I said that Mills was a bust.. As for Thomas, please re-read what I said..

I would disagree with Slater being an "ace" special teamer. Izzo was an ace, Aiken is an ace. Slater is nothing but a gunner who has thus far sucked on KRs. I am with you on Wilhite; I think the last few games have been an anomaly, but I'd still like him to settle into a #3-#4 corner role.

You can disagree all you want about Slater. Doesn't change that he's out there on every special teams unit (all 6 of them) and that Slater is 2nd on the team with a 25 YPR average on Kick returns, behind only Tate. To me, that says more about the blockers than it does the return men.

The only one talking out their arse is you sonny boy. I love how you start calling anyone who doesn't agree with you on any thread names. You sir are a total MORON, And still aren't too bright when it comes to football.

I dont think he watches the games.

Never mind, I give up. Even I can't follow your deliberate obfuscation as a means of avoid losing a debate.

The point is, Bruschi's number in '98 wasn't spectacular, and suggested that he was simply an "above average" OLB (at the time).

Presently you are arguing that Mayo is a "bust" or either "not worth the 10th pick" (whichever position you are wavering to or from) because his numbers are not spectacular.

My point is that numbers really do not tell the whole story.

Good, give up. And it's comedy to think you're winning the debate (which there really isn't). You're comparing Bruschi's numbers in his first couple of years as mostly a back up to a player that has been a full time starter for the past two seasons. Nice. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

I'm wondering if they will allow you to reach 65 posts........:D

Good, give up. And it's comedy to think you're winning the debate (which there really isn't). You're comparing Bruschi's numbers in his first couple of years as a back up to a player that has been a full time starter for the past two seasons. Nice. :rolleyes:

Whatever floats your boat.

Again you missed the point, but even that is besides the point.

You haven't used one solid piece of fact to back up your argument against my point other than getting things mixed up, such as saying Bruschi started in '99 and saying that he replaced Johnson, when those two didn't even play the same position at the time.

Last edited:

It has nothing to do with whether or not you agree with me. It has to do with whether or not you can put together a coherent argument. Which, you haven't. You've not done a damn thing but spew this entire thread. And the garbage you've spewed has been debunked.

As for being a moron, that is typical of a loser like yourself who is confronted by facts. You can't be bothered to actually rebutt them because you know that if you tried, you'd see the fallacy of your argument. As for being bright when it comes to football, you make me look like that new supernova they found in comparison.

It has nothing to do with whether or not you agree with me. It has to do with whether or not you can put together a coherent argument. Which, you haven't. You've not done a damn thing but spew this entire thread. And the garbage you've spewed has been debunked.

As for being a moron, that is typical of a loser like yourself who is confronted by facts. You can't be bothered to actually rebutt them because you know that if you tried, you'd see the fallacy of your argument. As for being bright when it comes to football, you make me look like that new supernova they found in comparison.

Relax DaBruinz. It's just a message board. You get too personal.

Read the stats sonny boy, oh thats right they don't matter. LOL LOL Only you do.

I dont think he watches the games.

I watch them. DVR the ones that I am not around for. Unlike you two. I have some concept of the game. It's why I can actually put together coherent arguments and not just rely on sites that provide stats with no perspective. And no description of how they come to their conclusions...

You ignore the evidence that has been presented to you about the draft and other things. We have all presented how these picks have been horrendous for the most part. You just don't listen to reason dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST