PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sunday Ticket for $100: a great value for out of town NFL fans

I will be getting NFL's RedZone channel instead. Every touchdown from every game as they happen! And I would much rather watch football on my big screen TV than my laptop or iPad

Before this year, I too have been getting Sunday ticket for free if I sign a one year contract. But I can't justify spending $100 a month just to watch football. So I cancelled this year.

Anyway my madden just shipped. I guess people won't be able to verify if it works until the season starts.

I was in the same exact situation as you. I never paid a cent for Sunday Ticket in 6 years of having DirecTV. The "normal" service costs are what caused me to cancel.

Here's to hoping this works out!:rocker:

I had a similar situation on my old house. The guy that installs the dishes for DirecTV said "no problem" and attached the dish to the side of the house, with metal bracing up under the eaves. It worked great, wasn't attached to the roof and got the job done just ducky.

DirecTV will send a guy to your house to discuss installation with no charge to you for the house call. At least, they did for me when I enquired about my situation.

They did do that and there was no other place, none. My house is surrounded by trees and has a seperate garage. The guy saw no other way except one of the chimneys but that was a no go because the new HD satellites were too heavy to use on chimneys.

Mine's getting delivered today!

Got mine.

You get a slip with a username and password which is valid starting September 8th. You don't have to talk to anyone, apparently. I called them to verify.

So there's no 3rd degree about whether or not you can pay them $3k a year for their service just to watch some NFL games.

What a ******* bargain. Not as cheap as some alternatives I've found but really great.

Logged in and got the 'come back September 8th message.'

Christ, I'm excited for this season.

Got mine.

You get a slip with a username and password which is valid starting September 8th. You don't have to talk to anyone, apparently. I called them to verify.

So there's no 3rd degree about whether or not you can pay them $3k a year for their service just to watch some NFL games.

What a ******* bargain. Not as cheap as some alternatives I've found but really great.

So just to verify, you type the username they provide you into the email field on their webpage? When i saw that i got a little worried because i thought you had to register with direct tv.

All you have to do is hook up your laptop/pc to your tv and it's the same thing.

...just ordered mine, i hope it's not too late :cool:

Mine has shipped and is arriving tomorrow!

Mine has shipped and is arriving tomorrow!

I am absolutely stunned why amazon hasn't sold out of copies. There are only 100,000 copies of madden 25 with NFL sunday ticket being made. Guys you have to get this before it's too late. Im not kidding. Once word starts to spread they will be gone. Here is a what the hype is all about:

"It would take 2 NFL teams to bench press all the copies of madden 25 already sold"

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/13493.html

Of course ordering it wouldn't make snse if you live in NE and already get all the pats games,

If this was a few years ago I would jump on this in a heartbeat but to me

Living in a Patriots market and having Red Zone Channel

>

Paying $100 for a video game I would get bored with after 2 weeks and having access to all the games (which I already get 3 a Sunday from my Local FOX and CBS) which any significant plays from whatever game would be shown on the Red Zone channel.

Not to mention if there is a game I really want to watch that is not broadcast in my area I know more than few stream sites with outstanding quality streams.

I am absolutely stunned why amazon hasn't sold out of copies. There are only 100,000 copies of madden 25 with NFL sunday ticket being made. Guys you have to get this before it's too late. Im not kidding. Once word starts to spread they will be gone. Here is a what the hype is all about:

"It would take 2 NFL teams to bench press all the copies of madden 25 already sold"

Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition Sets Records At Amazon - PS3 News

Of course ordering it wouldn't make snse if you live in NE and already get all the pats games,

I know that if I hadn't read the thread I would have assumed there was some kind of catch and ignored it.

People may not really know about it yet or they choose to rely on whatever feed they have relied on in the past. All of the feeds I have ever had have been dreadful....slow and constantly freezing for whatever reason. Not to mention scads of annoying pop-ups.

I know that if I hadn't read the thread I would have assumed there was some kind of catch and ignored it.

People may not really know about it yet or they choose to rely on whatever feed they have relied on in the past. All of the feeds I have ever had have been dreadful....slow and constantly freezing for whatever reason. Not to mention scads of annoying pop-ups.

just like fnordcircle, i was able to login and got the "Come back on September 8" message. I did not get any message like "DirectTV has to first verify that you are not eligible to receive DirectTV at your home." Can't wait to hook my computer up to my TV!

Got mine today. No time to check it yet. Is the game decent? My last one was madden 10.

As a Patriots fan in Chattanooga, this is great news. Does anyone have any experience streaming Sunday Ticket onto their TV from their iphone or laptop? Any issues?

So just to verify, you type the username they provide you into the email field on their webpage? When i saw that i got a little worried because i thought you had to register with direct tv.

All you have to do is hook up your laptop/pc to your tv and it's the same thing.

Yeah. There's an insert with an email address (they assign to you and you can change it later, it's like [email protected]) and a password.

You go to directv.com/easpecial and click 'start watching' and put it in and you should get brought to a 'come back on 9/8' message. And that's that.

As a Patriots fan in Chattanooga, this is great news. Does anyone have any experience streaming Sunday Ticket onto their TV from their phone or laptop? Any issues?

Yes, it worked great last year.

Got my copy yesterday -- already got spanked by an 8 year old at Madden.

Got mine today. No time to check it yet. Is the game decent? My last one was madden 10.

I liked last year's madden better. It's still good though. Best thing about it:

1. Dobson, amendola, boyce and thompkins are on the roster;

2. No hernandez

As a Patriots fan in Chattanooga, this is great news. Does anyone have any experience streaming Sunday Ticket onto their TV from their iphone or laptop? Any issues?

I heard you have to have adobe flash to watch on your tablet/phone, and of course iphones don't have that...

I liked last year's madden better. It's still good though. Best thing about it:

1. Dobson, amendola, boyce and thompkins are on the roster;

2. No hernandez

Thanks. I think I'll keep it.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes