PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sunday Ticket for $100: a great value for out of town NFL fans

I heard you have to have adobe flash to watch on your tablet/phone, and of course iphones don't have that...

DirecTV has a dedicated Sunday Ticket app for both iOS and Android. No worries about needing Flash. However I will say from my experience using the Android app last year it was real buggy at best. I had a very hard time keeping a stream going without it stopping multiple times. Never have these issues with MLS Live on Android here.

So this worked great for me on my laptop today except the feed froze once or twice and I had to log in again. WIth such a long password, this became old very quickly. I also bought this for my dad and it worked well for him.

I was able to hook my laptop to my TV with an HDMI cable, but I couldn't figure out the volume thing. I watched the game on my TV but my volume was coming from my laptop. Is there a way to make the sound come from my TV?

Had to watch an illegal stream cuz for some reason the NFL considers Buffalo a local game, even though they're never on TV here in NYC--streaming wasn't allowed on my phone or ipad.

Couldn't get the games on my laptop--despite signing in over and over on the Directv site I could only see the Directv Sunday Ticket ad and couldn't navigate to any games. Called DirecTv for a little help and of course no one there had heard of this promo so I gave up after 40 minutes.

ETA: Figured out the laptop issue--it wasn't working in Chrome on a Mac. Had to use Firefox instead.

I was able to hook my laptop to my TV with an HDMI cable, but I couldn't figure out the volume thing. I watched the game on my TV but my volume was coming from my laptop. Is there a way to make the sound come from my TV?

You should just Google a little. Sometimes you have to go into your settings on your laptop and tell it to send sound via HDMI. It all depends on your laptop & TV type, etc.

I couldn't find the URL on my laptop to watch it there. Isn't that weird. It kept saying to call directv to change my equipment. WTF.

Ended up watching the game from my tablet. The stream had some hiccups. I don't know if it was my Internet or tablet or directv. I have Comcast 100mbps. I think it's the fastest.

So this worked great for me on my laptop today except the feed froze once or twice and I had to log in again. WIth such a long password, this became old very quickly. I also bought this for my dad and it worked well for him.

Hey, I am happy to hear the stream worked pretty well. I intend to view it for about 7 games this year.

As to the sound, I have the red sox package and to correct the problem you describe is to go to: Start Menu / Settings / Control Panel / Sound / then select HDMI from a list and choose Set as Default.

It varies depending on OS.

I just wanted to thank the board for the heads-up on this promotion. I live in Delaware and this worked perfectly for me. I streamed it from the Direct TV iPhone app and then used a hdmi adapter to connect my iphone to my 50" HD tv. The picture quality was almost perfect and I had no problems with the feed.

I couldn't find the URL on my laptop to watch it there. Isn't that weird. It kept saying to call directv to change my equipment. WTF.

Ended up watching the game from my tablet. The stream had some hiccups. I don't know if it was my Internet or tablet or directv. I have Comcast 100mbps. I think it's the fastest.

I had this too. Called 18006707288 and listened to the same 10 second PPV advertisement for 10 minutes and they fixed it, so I can at least use it in FireFox.

Also - supposedly it works if you launch Chrome in incognito mode, which hints at a cookies issue.

I missed most of the first half with technical issues here. Signed on one hour prior, and then got signed off inexplicably and couldn't get back on. Waited for 40 minutes to talk to support on the main number, then was referred to another number and waited another 30 minutes. The feed interrupted when I finally was able to sign on at the end of the first half, then was good for the second half.

I got the sense they had many issues today, but I hope they figured out why they had these problems. The streaming version worked fine last year for me when I was able to get the satellite signal, so I expect this means the subscribers have increased significantly and this was growing pains.

As fnordcircle pointed out above, if you have issues, call (800)670-7288 (your account info will refer you to the main technical support number, which has never been a pleasant experience for me). Also, link to the games through directv.com/sundayticketspecial rather than the Sunday Ticket link on the site (there were problems with that as well). In the end, $100 rather than $300 is a great deal (beggars can't be choosers, and this is the only way I see the game here), and from my past experience when I had the satellite service I recommend it.

Had to watch an illegal stream cuz for some reason the NFL considers Buffalo a local game, even though they're never on TV here in NYC--streaming wasn't allowed on my phone or ipad.

Couldn't get the games on my laptop--despite signing in over and over on the Directv site I could only see the Directv Sunday Ticket ad and couldn't navigate to any games. Called DirecTv for a little help and of course no one there had heard of this promo so I gave up after 40 minutes.

ETA: Figured out the laptop issue--it wasn't working in Chrome on a Mac. Had to use Firefox instead.

The Pats-Bills game was on WCBS in New York yesterday. Normally that wouldn't be the case because the Jets were playing at home, as the NFL has in place an archaic rule that no other games can be televised when a local team is playing at home and has sold out.

However, in week one CBS has no late games so that they can broadcast the US Open. Each network gets to broadcast at least one game in every market, so the rule mentioned above is waived for that one week - and as a result the game was actually available to you on your local station.

Sorry to hear you had to go through all that.

The Pats-Bills game was on WCBS in New York yesterday. Normally that wouldn't be the case because the Jets were playing at home, as the NFL has in place an archaic rule that no other games can be televised when a local team is playing at home and has sold out.

However, in week one CBS has no late games so that they can broadcast the US Open. Each network gets to broadcast at least one game in every market, so the rule mentioned above is waived for that one week - and as a result the game was actually available to you on your local station.

Sorry to hear you had to go through all that.

Amazing. I didn't even check the channel lineup because as we know if the Jets or Giants are on, no one else is on. Thanks for the info!

I had this too. Called 18006707288 and listened to the same 10 second PPV advertisement for 10 minutes and they fixed it, so I can at least use it in FireFox.

Also - supposedly it works if you launch Chrome in incognito mode, which hints at a cookies issue.

You're right. I think clearing my history and cookies solved this problem.

Just to add, use this URL: https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/login/nflLogin.jsp

Looking forward to chromecasting this weekend's games. I'll report how well it works.

You're right. I think clearing my history and cookies solved this problem.

Just to add, use this URL: https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/login/nflLogin.jsp

Looking forward to chromecasting this weekend's games. I'll report how well it works.

Yup, after their initial problems with the system we cleared the cache and BOOM it worked fine. Ported this to the big TV with Chromecast and it worked perfectly. The quality wasn't at an HD level, but it was great to be able to see that game and not have to follow on Yahoo Gamecast. Also, CBS switched over to this game after the Falcons game ended and we were able to see the last few minutes in HD.

Worked great for me.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back