PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

YouTube Officially Rolls Out Sunday Ticket for 2023

DirectTV will probably go out of business after losing the Sunday Ticket contract (no you cannot still get Sunday Ticket from DirectTV, YouTube got the exclusive rights)
Your really think that DirectTV's profitability and survival is based on their Sunday Ticket contract?

Get a box. I dont pay for any fights. See every out of market game no matter the sport. Movies that aren't out. It's clutch for everything and obviously a big save
Bacon can you give me idea what kind of boxes are out there now!? I have done a lot of these things through the years and did FTA with the dish and now just online with some success….thanks very much

Bacon can you give me idea what kind of boxes are out there now!? I have done a lot of these things through the years and did FTA with the dish and now just online with some success….thanks very much
I was lucky. My friend gave me a "box" a while ago. He pays $100 a year for some subscription that's hooked up to both and you download apps that let you watch different stuff - live TV, old movies, w/e it is. I actually have two. I use the one I got from him specifically for sports. MMA, boxing, out of market hockey, football etc

Honestly it's like a phone. You download stuff that let's you watch different things. I'm really not savvy with it at all. I don't watch a ton of different things but I know people that are wizards with it and you wouldn't know the difference watching their TV.

I've had great luck so far. I've watched like two fights out 50 in the last few years that have been in a different language. Usually you'll get a few links but it's still better than paying 80-100 for a fight. Especially considering how many there are and Dana White pays his fighters peanuts to get CTE.

It's well worth it as a backup plan the very least.

Your really think that DirectTV's profitability and survival is based on their Sunday Ticket contract?

a big chunk of it, they were paying serious money for that contract

i dont know a single person who has directtv, or had directtv in the last... 10 years or so other than people who wanted NFL sunday ticket

its the only reason i ever considered getting directtv, but resisted

wasnt thinking of all the rural areas, i figured competition like starlink etc would have buried them by now but who knows.. i certainly wouldnt invest in their company

a big chunk of it, they were paying serious money for that contract

i dont know a single person who has directtv, or had directtv in the last... 10 years or so other than people who wanted NFL sunday ticket

its the only reason i ever considered getting directtv, but resisted

wasnt thinking of all the rural areas, i figured competition like starlink etc would have buried them by now but who knows.. i certainly wouldnt invest in their company
About 20% of DirectTV's customers subscribe to Direct TV.

Many will leave. Many will not, especially if DirectTV has more NFL associated products.

About 20% of DirectTV's customers subscribe to Direct TV.

Many will leave. Many will not, especially if DirectTV has more NFL associated products.

only 20% of their customers subscribe to their 100% subscription only service? That's a helluva business model.

So we won't be able to record games unless we also have YTTV, right?

So we won't be able to record games unless we also have YTTV, right?
I'm not sure what you're asking. I record games without any subscription to anything, because I have a DVR that records over-the-air TV and live in the Boston media market. How do you normally record games?

I'm out of market but usually use the Paramount+ trick to watch most non-national Pats games (except those on Fox) and get a cheap NFL Rewind (or whatever it's called now) subscription to watch any games I missed later on. It's $5 per month for the Paramount+ and can usually find a NFL Rewind coupon to subscribe for like $20-$30 for the season.

only 20% of their customers subscribe to their 100% subscription only service? That's a helluva business model.
You don't seem to understand the business at all. Competing against the other satellite and streaming services is about a lot more than paying an extra $300+ a year to special access to NFL football games.

I'm out of market but usually use the Paramount+ trick to watch most non-national Pats games (except those on Fox) and get a cheap NFL Rewind (or whatever it's called now) subscription to watch any games I missed later on. It's $5 per month for the Paramount+ and can usually find a NFL Rewind coupon to subscribe for like $20-$30 for the season.
I am out of market and have subscribed to NFL+ and similar products in the past.

I don't steal content, but that is my personal choice.

I could have subscribed to Direct TV and had access to Sunday Ticket. I chose DISH over Direct TV. Access to Sunday Ticket was not enough to make the difference.

I will likely subscribe to Sunday Ticket, but not switch to YouTube TV. For me, YouTube TV is a fine alternative, but not as good as DISH.
==================
BTW, everyone seems to focus on watching the game, and don't focus on the quality of the reception. For me, the quality of the signal is most important. This is the primary reason to not to choose Direct TV. Both DISH and YouTube TV have a better signal.

FYI Sunday Ticket just popped up as an add-on feature to my YouTube TV account for anyone who wants to add it at the discounted price before June 1. Unfortunately, unlike Direct TV which split the payment over the course of the season, YouTube requires a one-time payment that you can't cancel.

Last edited:
You don't seem to understand the business at all. Competing against the other satellite and streaming services is about a lot more than paying an extra $300+ a year to special access to NFL football games.
You don't seem to understand you made a typo and I poked fun at you

I'm not sure what you're asking. I record games without any subscription to anything, because I have a DVR that records over-the-air TV and live in the Boston media market. How do you normally record games?

I'm a DirecTv customer. So normally I'm able to pause/record/rewind Sunday Ticket because it's all on my DirecTv DVR.

However, if I don't move to YouTubeTV and instead order Sunday Ticket as a stand-alone offering, then it appears I will lose that ability to pause/record/rewind.

I'm a DirecTv customer. So normally I'm able to pause/record/rewind Sunday Ticket because it's all on my DirecTv DVR.

However, if I don't move to YouTubeTV and instead order Sunday Ticket as a stand-alone offering, then it appears I will lose that ability to pause/record/rewind.

According to the link below, YTTV comes with 'unlimited DVR space', you can 'record it all with unlimited DVR space' with no DVR 'hidden fees'.

There is also a 'contact us' link at the bottom if you want to try to get confirmation it applies to Sunday Ticket, but I think it does.

FYI Sunday Ticket just popped up as an add-on feature to my YouTube TV account for anyone who wants to add it at the discounted price before June 1. Unfortunately, unlike Direct TV which split the payment over the course of the season, YouTube requires a one-time payment that you can't cancel.

Still not showing up on my YouTube account. Maybe its being rolled out later for regular YouTube

Edit: found it when I opened YouTube on my roku tv

Last edited:
I was lucky. My friend gave me a "box" a while ago. He pays $100 a year for some subscription that's hooked up to both and you download apps that let you watch different stuff - live TV, old movies, w/e it is. I actually have two. I use the one I got from him specifically for sports. MMA, boxing, out of market hockey, football etc

Honestly it's like a phone. You download stuff that let's you watch different things. I'm really not savvy with it at all. I don't watch a ton of different things but I know people that are wizards with it and you wouldn't know the difference watching their TV.

I've had great luck so far. I've watched like two fights out 50 in the last few years that have been in a different language. Usually you'll get a few links but it's still better than paying 80-100 for a fight. Especially considering how many there are and Dana White pays his fighters peanuts to get CTE.

It's well worth it as a backup plan the very least.
Thanks very much for info

Gonna be a decent amount of mancaves getting 2 PCs or a PCs with multi graphics cards

If you are a student you can get this for $109/$119

• Winner
Reactions: Ian

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft