PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sullivan arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stoned and sluggish Sully lining up across from Mankins or Neal. Yeah, good times.

groundgame said:
How many players in the BB/Pioli regime have been allowed to stay on team after an arrest involving drugs and a gun (legal or not)? I think 0. The combination of the legally permitted gun and the dope charge is what will absolutely make Sullivan a goner most likely before training camp.

How many players who have been on this team jave been arrested for drugs and a gun under Belichick? None. So what is your point? Or are you speculating based on no evidence?

Last edited by a moderator:
PromisedLand said:
Exactly. Which is why I think the 11 Big Mac wrappers say as much about Sullivan's level of commitment as the "less than an ounce" of marijauna.

So, in other words, you fell for the bogus police report. Nice going there.

This event
RastaBong.gif
might turn his career around
bong.gif
...I would not be so quick to get rid of him.
the next team might be getting an excellant NT. Now we know why
munchies.gif
he is so fat.

Last edited:
DaBruinz said:
How many players who have been on this team jave been arrested for drugs and a gun under Belichick? None. So what is your point? Or are you speculating based on no evidence?

Everyone who has played for BB named Sullivan has had drunk drving or driving with pot arrests. Remember Chris Sullivan get DWI on the way home from the ring ceremony?

DaBruinz said:
So, in other words, you fell for the bogus police report. Nice going there.

Exactly what is "bogus" about the police report?

AndyJohnson said:
Everyone who has played for BB named Sullivan has had drunk drving or driving with pot arrests. Remember Chris Sullivan get DWI on the way home from the ring ceremony?
And actually..he ended up on larger charges involving heroin...sadly never to play again..

AndyJohnson said:

Andy -
A DUI is different than being arrested for Drugs and having a weapon on you. And that is what he was referring to. And that is what hasn't happened previously.

DaBruinz said:
The original police report did NOT mention anything about Big Mac Wrappers on the floor. You'd know that if you had actually READ the original article.

http://www.nola.com/saints/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-2/1151566423128240.xml&coll=1

I did read the report so I was wondering where you came up with "bogus police report". I guess I was confused since the thread is about a legit arrest and you responded to an extra sentence that someone jokingly added in a post.

So Smart A** I DID READ it. Keep your sarcastic crap to yourself. I asked a legit question viewing your defense of his HISTORY of making questionable desicions.

patchick said:
I'll second this middle-ground approach -- Sullivan's now on the world's shortest leash. I doubt they'll cut him just on the basis of a relatively minor charge, especially since that risks a grievance filing. But the minute he fails his conditioning runs, etc., he's gone for football cause.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Good post. I take the same stance. Kraft certainly won't like this because of PR, BB however probably won't put too much weight into it.

Sullivan had under an ounce, that could've been his friend's, and he had a legal gun... pretty minor stuff if you ask me. It's dumb for an NFL player to put himself into that type of situation (play a good 5-8 years, make your millions, and THEN smoke all the pot you want), but I doubt he gets cut over this.

Now if he shows up to camp out of shape, then we have problems.

onion_news3137.article.jpg

Although its probably insignificant, Sullivan was also cited for failing to register himself as a drug user under "Tony's Law"

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/30925

Right now, countless Americans are living on the very same blocks as convicted illegal-drug users," said Sharon Logan of the Weed For Tony Coalition. "Without a federal mandate requiring full disclosure, how are unsuspecting residents supposed to find any decent weed?"

Designed to protect Americans from dry spells, Tony's Law was named after 19-year-old New Jersey resident Tony DiCenzo, who went nine months without getting high before discovering that he lived in the same apartment building as a reliable marijuana source.

"Can you imagine the shock and anger Tony must have felt when he found out that the guy on the second floor possessed the Schedule I federal controlled substance?" Logan said. "The offender could have invited poor Tony into his apartment to smoke some at any time. It's heartbreaking."

Tony's Law would create a national public registry of drug-law offenders' names, addresses, and pager numbers. Additionally, offenders charged with dealing marijuana would be required to either post signs or go door-to-door and let neighbors know when they're holding.

Last edited:
Maybe Sullivan should be made to read this thread 50X's. That should set his ass in the right direction.:rocker:

spacecrime said:
Traded fifth rounder for Davis, but cut him before season started because he couldn't run routes any better than Donald Hayes. Signed him during the season when out only other option was Bethel. Had Bethel been a contender, Davis, as bad as he was, would not have been needed.

Davis was actually cut September 28, and was re-signed October 19.

(Same difference though, for your point)

Last edited:
Running 2 stops, could be what I do all the time, rolling stop if no traffic
is visible.

You don't come to a complete stop so if the Law at 4:00am is looking to
fill his quota you get busted for running a stop. Pretty much road apples
if you ask me.

I'll waite for the rest of the story before I grab my rope, ya think????

pats1 said:
Davis was actually cut September 28, and was re-signed October 19.

(Same difference though, for your point)
Wow. Must have gotten a static charge on one of my memory chips because I can't for the life of me remember him making the 53. One of those things you don't look up because you "know" the answer.

Davis was another guy I had high hopes for. Donald Hayes, too. PK Sam. I guess I'm a sucker for tall fast WRs. Wonder why none of them can run routes?

Its not even an ounce...the police man said.

I bet it was more before the policeman put it in the evidence locker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes