PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sullivan arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bostonian1962 said:
Let's see, Starks for a 3rd, Andre Davis for a 5th, Pothead Sullivan for former 2nd round pick Bethel Johnson.

Nice trading Scott and Bill.
Yeah, Belichick and Pioli suck. We need some fresh blood :rolleyes: :confused:

This could very well be the best thing that ever happened to Sullivan.

In any case, I think people are making a mountain out of a molehill here.

Keegs said:
Hes a fat idiot. Hes a fat idiot that eats too much. Hes a fat idiot that smokes weed too much. Hes a fat idiot that smokes too much weed and eats more than he should because he has the munchies.
"Sullivan has no arrest record and according to a family source has never failed a drug test in the NFL or while he played at the University of Georgia."

Keegs said:
Hes so fat and stupid, instead of hiding his weed he does nothing.
"At one point, according to the report, Clemons told the officer the bag belonged to him."

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Let me guess, he has a source that is telling everyone that
Sullivan isn't fat too right?? According to the source he's just big boned.

I have friends who are stoners and have no arrest record. I also wouldn't be surprised if Sullivan told his friiend to take the rap and that SUllivan would pay him off for doing so. If the weed was his buddies and just his buddies, it probably wouldn't have been sitting out in plain view.

primetime said:
Yeah, but I remember a big hub-bub about how they cut him over disciplinary reasons. Of course, there's always a way around it ("Well, obviously he was also underperforming as well") but I do remember the NFLPA raising a fuss when Carter got cut. Ultimately the Cowboys got away with it but it is what it is.
I agree with the "it is what it is" stuff. What it is is that players can be cut.

The Quincy Carter thing was even worse, as it was a drug program leak that led to the cutting IIRC. And his cutting still went through.

Bottom line (to me) is that the Pats can cut Sullivan this morning if they want. The question is will they.

My be is they they are talking to him and his agent a lot. Getting a read on the guy.

I still think he can be a productive force on the DLine if he wants to be. The question is does he want to be. And I'll bet the Pats know more about it than I do :D

T-ShirtDynasty said:

The Herald's resident tub of goo didn't get to cover Sullivan's faux pas until today. He was too busy wearing his baseball cap yesterday and tearing Pedro a new one. But today he says:

"The officer asked Sullivan if there were any weapons in the car and Sullivan directed him to a licensed silver Ruger P90 handgun behind the armrest. He asked if there were any drugs and Sullivan said no, but allowed the officer to search the car.

Bowman noticed a small baggie with a “green leafy substance.†Sullivan, 25, and passenger Tamarco Clemons, 24, denied it belonged to them and were arrested for possession of less than one ounce of marijuana.

After being handcuffed, Clemons changed his tune and according to the report told Bowman, “Hey man, that mine.â€

Said Morgan: “There was no issue at all of them not being cooperative. If they had been uncooperative, they would have been charged.â€

Sullivan was released with his handgun and $3,825 cash. Clemons was released with $100.70.

Morgan said Sullivan faces a pair of $82 fines for running the stop signs, a $15 fine for not wearing a seat belt, and no less than a $712 fine for possession of marijuana. The Griffin Daily News reported yesterday that Sullivan has been jailed previously, but details of his prior arrests weren’t available.

Morgan said he wasn’t given any preferential treatment for his relative celebrity.

“The fact that he’s a football player came up during the arrest,†Morgan said. “But it didn’t affect things one bit. He’s no different from anybody else.â€

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=146313

Keegs said:

I have friends who are stoners and have no arrest record. I also wouldn't be surprised if Sullivan told his friiend to take the rap and that SUllivan would pay him off for doing so. If the weed was his buddies and just his buddies, it probably wouldn't have been sitting out in plain view.
Look, all I'm saying is we don't know squat, and you're spouting knee-jerk absolutes. For all we know he doesn't smoke the chronic. Sure, I find that hard to believe as well after this incident, but we don't know for sure.

It's plausible that he didn't know it was in there. He handled the gun issue the right way, up front and straight about it... he at that point did not have to consent to the search. I denied a search request before and turned out fine. If he knew he had a bag of weed in there, why consent to the search? Sure you can make a good argument that it was done out of plain stupidity, but again, we don't know for sure.

That's all I'm saying. The rhetoric is a little strong for something we don't know much about. That being said, my money's on him being a turd, but who knows at this point.

Keegs said:

Oh man, what a laugher this guy is.

MoLewisrocks said:
Sullivan was released with his handgun and $3,825 cash.

Wow. I know the man has made millions, but what (legal) do you do at 4:00 am with almost $4000 cash? Heck, what do you do any time of day?

On the upside, this suggests that Sullivan hasn't really been hoarding his signing bonus in anticipation of an early retirement. ;)

Honestly, this sounds like a pretty minor incident, but it still reflects mighty poorly on him.

The question goes back to, can he help the team? does he have the ability, with a quality coaching staff, to live up to his 6th over all selection?

is he worth the aggravation? if it's true that he's had a prior arrest than he obviously didn't learn any lessons.

i don't think they'll be keeping him around if he's been arrested previously.

MoLewisrocks said:
Morgan said he wasn’t given any preferential treatment for his relative celebrity.

“The fact that he’s a football player came up during the arrest,†Morgan said. “But it didn’t affect things one bit. He’s no different from anybody else.†http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=146313

Nonsense.
The police should have simply driven him to his home that night.

patchick said:
Honestly, this sounds like a pretty minor incident, but it still reflects mighty poorly on him.

This pretty much sums up a 16 page thread.

Personally I'm getting tired of the talking heads who make things like this seem like this is earth shattering news. Do I like that it happened? No, but it did. It reflects badly on him, but it doesn't make him a "child molester" either.

He is essentially got caught for playing his music too loudly and going through a few stop signs (and who hasn't late at night when no one is on the road). He's not a drug addict or dealer. He's not evil. He's stupid and fat. He can overcome both. Let the punishment fit the crime. Too often we fans like to bring our athletes down to size as relentlessly as we build them up.

If he doesn't come back in shape, he's a goner anyway. Maybe this was the wake up call he needed.

Last edited:
patfanken said:
This pretty much sums up a 16 page thread.

Personally I'm getting tired of the talking heads who make things like this seem like this is earth shattering news. Do I like that it happened? No, but it did. It reflects badly on him, but it doesn't make him a "child molester" either.

He is essentially got caught for playing his music too loudly and going through a few stop signs (and who hasn't late at night when no one is on the road). He's not a drug addict or dealer. He's not evil. He's stupid and fat. He can overcome both. Let the punishment fit the crime. Too often we fans like to bring our athletes down to size as relentlessly as we build them up.

If he doesn't come back in shape, he's a goner anyway. Maybe this was the wake up call he needed.

I agree...if the guy simply grows up already (waaay overdue), maybe he can actually do something with his career.

First hint will be the conditioning run, if he fails it he will be looong gone.

What a waste.....so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes