PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Suggs out for year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad. A good hero needs a good villian. I hope he gets back soon. As much as I dislike him, he is good for the game.

Suggs is saying that he'll start the year on the PUP and be ready by October..

That is some wishful thinking on his part..

BTW, them drafting Courtney Upshaw was to replace the loss of Jarret Johnson. Losing Suggs puts them a pash rusher down..

Exactly, if the heal time for an achilles was 6 months, Rex would have driven Landry to the hospital 6 weeks ago to be ready for September, an achilles is a year ask Ryan Howard

Too bad. A good hero needs a good villian. I hope he gets back soon. As much as I dislike him, he is good for the game.

Eh, we have enough villains over in Jersey. Plenty in Pittsburgh, too.

I Don't wish harm or injury to anyone It's nasty and you never know when it can happen you.

He sure didn't seem to mind the idea of injuring other players like Brady.

I just heard a loud crashing sound; I'm pretty sure it was the window shutting on the Ravens.

Just heard on ESPN...torn achilies

Oh no.....say it isn't so......my heart is broken about this.......now who is going to do all the whining and complaining on the ravens when they lose to the pats!??

Last edited:
There is a good chance this may be the last year for Ray Lewis and Ed Reed, this is definitely a huge loss for them

Tough break for the Ravens. Suggs was one of the best, if not the best defensive player in the NFL last year. Their defense will still be very good, but it will be extremely difficult for them to remain at the same high level without Suggs.

Despite the optimism for a return in 2012 I don't think that is realistic. He'll turn 30 in October so he's still young enough that he should be able to rehab and still have a few productive years. That might make more sense than returning too early, playing at less than 100% effectiveness, re-injuring it and possibly causing permanent damage.

Moral of the story: Never play hoops with Bernie Pollard.

Regards,
Chris

Oh no.....say it isn't so......my heart is broken about this.......now who is going to do all the whining and complaining on the ravens when they lose to the pats!??
Worry not, they have many capable replacements, most notably their head coach. It's no accident that no matter who they lose to, there's always an excuse and it's always someone else's fault, and, as is always the case, teams get their cue on this stuff from their coach.

Utilizing data publicly available on the Internet, one retrospective review identified 31 Achilles tendon ruptures in NFL players over a five-year period (5.2 injuries/year).3 During the 2008-2009 NFL season, six players suffered season-ending Achilles tendon ruptures. Although the incidence of Achilles rupture is low, 0.93% per NFL game, nearly 36% of affected players never return to playing at the NFL level.3

Of the 31 players who sustained an Achilles tendon rupture, 21 (64%) returned to play in the NFL at an average of 11 months after injury. In the three seasons following their return, those 21 players saw significant decreases in games played and power ratings compared to the three seasons preceding the injury.

Return to football after Achilles tendon rupture | Lower Extremity Review Magazine

Tough break for the Ravens. Suggs was one of the best, if not the best defensive player in the NFL last year. Their defense will still be very good, but it will be extremely difficult for them to remain at the same high level without Suggs.

Despite the optimism for a return in 2012 I don't think that is realistic. He'll turn 30 in October so he's still young enough that he should be able to rehab and still have a few productive years. That might make more sense than returning too early, playing at less than 100% effectiveness, re-injuring it and possibly causing permanent damage.

He may recover and get back on the field, but it is hard to imagine a scenario where his devastating first step is ever the same as preinjury.

He's still going to be a good player and he will get his sacks, but the fear factor and his effectiveness will be lessened.

I bet they wish they had kept Jarrett Johnson now! Ouch!.

And with Jarret Johnson now in San Diego, their OLB corps consists of...Courtney Upshaw, Paul Kruger and Sergio Kindle? I wouldn't want to count on any one of those guys as a starter.

Interesting to consider that all three of them were high picks. The Ravens have spent a ton of draft capital year after year trying to find their next star OLB, without success. Meanwhile Suggs and Johnson were both late picks they got lucky on. It's just a devilishly hard position to project.

Suggs deliberately tried to blow out Brady's knee.

Please stop with the 'karma' nonsense. Nothing pissed me off more than people using that against BB and the Patriots after Brady tore his ACL. Get well soon, Suggs.

All that said, the AFC continues to weaken for us.

Unless Upshaw is the real deal.

Too bad, guess those hags ain't making the playoffs this year.

Hey, I'm sure he'll have a year long stint on ESPN and 1st take bashing Brady or the Patriots.

And with Jarret Johnson now in San Diego, their OLB corps consists of...Courtney Upshaw, Paul Kruger and Sergio Kindle? I wouldn't want to count on any one of those guys as a starter.

Interesting to consider that all three of them were high picks. The Ravens have spent a ton of draft capital year after year trying to find their next star OLB, without success. Meanwhile Suggs and Johnson were both late picks they got lucky on. It's just a devilishly hard position to project.

Suggs was the 10th overall selection in the 2003 draft that saw 8 of the top 15 picks used on defensive linemen. He was an absolute monster in college. The only question was his work ethic and conditioning. The Ravens got lucky on Johnson, but didn't exactly get lucky on Suggs other than a few teams decided they needed big, awful tackles (Robertson to Jets, Sullivan to Saints) instead of an explosive pass rusher who had 44.5 sacks in 3 years of college, including an NCAA record 24 his final year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes