PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stork NOT Released; Traded to the Redskins

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, I suspect that at least some of that responsibility rested with his OL coach (DeGuglielmo), and it should be noted that BB fired DeGuglielmo about 24 hours after the Super Bowl.

Not picking on you for saying this, but it should be noted that Belichick did not fire DeGuglielmo. His contract was up and the Patriots did not or could not re-sign him. No one has ever said why that happened. The fact that DeGuglielmo signed with another team a short time later might indicate that he had more to do with it than the Patriots. It could also be that Scar called up Bill and said he wanted to come back. We don't know so we can only speculate.

Is it now safe to blame him for the head bobs during the silent count in Denver?

Sure, BUT you should also give him credit with the infamous triple head bob, that drew Bennett offsides when the Pats had the ball on the half yard line at the end of SB49.

Hate to say it but our 2014 draft might turn out to be one of our worst drafts of the BB tenure.

It'll depend, at this point, mostly on Garoppolo.

That's the kiss 'o death right there.
He probably forgot them....

Anyways, thanks for the magical 2014 season! I called him being cut few weeks back. BB was just ready to move on to a more reliable player.

getting into a fight in practice is not dumb football.
It is good for football players to be aggressive.

Ever since Rodney vs. Troy, I've taken a tolerant view toward practice fights.

That said, what's interesting about the release to me is that they didn't think they could trade him for value, or else that the value was so low they did him a favor by giving him his freedom. I have trouble understanding that how that could be without conjecturing that teams would be leery of his concussion history.

Andrews did the exact same thing the 1st play of the game and Blount got hit in the backfield for a loss.

Calling a 4th round a bust is a bit ridiculous, considering that the general rule is that those guys are in line to be back-ups (I'm pretty sure that the amount of 4th rounders that sign a second contract is below the 30%) and he was a starter for one year and won a SB.

That being said, he was a big responsible for the Denver loss. He had clearly regressed last year and Andrews had improved a lot.

Our O-line, which was my biggest concern throughout the offseason, seems shaky. Thuney looks like a good prospect, but trusting anyone on the right side is borderline insanity (Mason is our best bet and that is scary). If we trade for Anthony Davis, i'd be incredibly happy

couple of interesting takes from another board

BB should have agreed with Brady last year

this year could have been the quest for #6. Still surprised we cut him, but happy Andrews will be the one starting. Really hope this oline is clicking and healthy most of the season and specifically when it matters most.

Wholeheartedly agree
I said last year that if Andrews was over 300 instead of 290, it wouldn’t be a competition, him vs Stork. Andrews was a 3 year starter and captain at a major SEC school and was mentored by another successful NFL O-Lineman (Ben Jones). He blocked well in a pass based offense with Aaron Murray, and was just as good blocking in a run based offense that centered around Gurley. Another hidden gem for Belichick and scouts, who were the only team to really bet on a guy who was "too small" to play in the NFL.

The guy was a bit undisciplined, you must admit. Head butting penalties in big spots shouldn't be excused by "it's football." We see that on another team--say, coached by Rex Ryan--I think you're whistling a different tune.
It happened one time. Many of the best players on this team have committed a thoughtless penalty here or there.
My point is why the need to pile on the guy? He played well when he was healthy and he is a concussion waiting to happen so he is no longer here. Not sure why there is this inevitable need on this board to come up with reasons to trash a player when they leave.

It happened one time. Many of the best players on this team have committed a thoughtless penalty here or there.
My point is why the need to pile on the guy? He played well when he was healthy and he is a concussion waiting to happen so he is no longer here. Not sure why there is this inevitable need on this board to come up with reasons to trash a player when they leave.
Actually, I think the majority of posts here are saying he was still a good draft pick, happy that we won a Super Bowl with him, and concerns about his health.

Some commentary about why he's been cut is not really trashing him.

It's too bad we don't have an earlier poll about surprise level on this cut.

Bummer, had high hopes for him but he did seem to regress a bit then the concussion issues snowballed.

Guess I'll always remember him for the last possession in SB49, when he delivered perhaps the most stressful snaps in Patriots history … with Earl Thomas breathing fire in his face and just looking for a way to get that ball or draw a penalty.

WOW, is this board getting to be a bunch of old hens....

In the last few hours, Stork has gone from a good center, battling for a starting job, to now a bad seed, who beats women! I first noticed it when Jones got traded, the unabashed trashing of a guy who played great, just because the Pats decided to trade him (for a bag of magic beans). Now Stork is getting killed as undisciplined and concussed and a wife beater.

Sure the decision to cut him is puzzling at best, but Jesus, can we stop with the "I hear he beats his girlfriend" crap? and he is a draft bust?

I'd take a starting center on a Superbowl winning team as my 4th round draft pick all day long. The Pats cut him, he didn't quit on the Pats. Now we can argue if its a good or bad move on the football side, but let's try and not make him out to be the Giants Placekicker!

In my defense, I said jones wasn't that great for a while before he got traded. dude isn't worth the money hes going to get next year

BB the GM is killing BB the coach....

so...Stork's delivery was a stillborn?...oh well, back in the sack ....

Not picking on you for saying this, but it should be noted that Belichick did not fire DeGuglielmo. His contract was up and the Patriots did not or could not re-sign him. No one has ever said why that happened. The fact that DeGuglielmo signed with another team a short time later might indicate that he had more to do with it than the Patriots. It could also be that Scar called up Bill and said he wanted to come back. We don't know so we can only speculate.

I remember his contract was up, and I assumed that BB had decided to move on after the OL fiasco in the AFC Championship game, especially after Matt Light called out the OL coaching (for not practicing a silent snap count) and he even said that it wouldn't have been that way under Scar (Former New England Patriots tackle Matt Light: AFC championship game was lost because of snap count).

However, that isn't the same as being fired, and you have also correctly pointed out that my assumption (although I still think it is likely) has not been proven, and as you said for all we know Scar could have called BB up for a new job.

....Plus, it isn't like Carolina's OL looked much better in the Super Bowl, and that was without the sizable home field advantage that Denver enjoyed in the AFC Championship.

BB the GM is killing BB the coach....

so...Stork's delivery was a stillborn?...oh well, back in the sack ....

stork in this thread:

stork-591694.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back