PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stork NOT Released; Traded to the Redskins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I would hardly call a fourth rounder, starting a centre in his first season and winning a SB ring a bust......

Why he didn't progress i don't know. Maybe didn't have the smarts, maybe bad coaching, maybe the concussions maybe a bit of all. I don't know and never will (Bill would never tell us) However, if Bill and Scar think Andrews is the starter, and someone like Karras or Kline can back up, then great; their knowledge of these positions trumps mine a bit!

I hope he has a great career, or he retires, depending on what Doctor's say.

Given how many concussions he's had at some point you have to wonder if it is impacting him in terms of the other stuff.

Loved what he gave us, sad it didn't work out, I hope he has no lasting issues from his concussions and finds another team.

Damn it man. Stork was one of my favorite players on the team. Oh well, at least they got a championship out of him.

stork in this thread:

stork-591694.jpg

More like this kind of stork:

mr-stork-sylvester-4.44.jpg

stork in this thread:

stork-591694.jpg

Ehh... Stork's basically being credited with bringing the team a Super Bowl win by some people, so I'd say things are evening out pretty well.

Ehh... Stork's basically being credited with bringing the team a Super Bowl win by some people, so I'd say things are evening out pretty well.
well, the stork did survive:

Crocodile-and-stork-318454.jpg

He's a CTE diagnosis waiting to happen.

Good luck to him. Hope he retires.

WOW, is this board getting to be a bunch of old hens....

In the last few hours, Stork has gone from a good center, battling for a starting job, to now a bad seed, who beats women! I first noticed it when Jones got traded, the unabashed trashing of a guy who played great, just because the Pats decided to trade him (for a bag of magic beans). Now Stork is getting killed as undisciplined and concussed and a wife beater.

Sure the decision to cut him is puzzling at best, but Jesus, can we stop with the "I hear he beats his girlfriend" crap? and he is a draft bust?

I'd take a starting center on a Superbowl winning team as my 4th round draft pick all day long. The Pats cut him, he didn't quit on the Pats. Now we can argue if its a good or bad move on the football side, but let's try and not make him out to be the Giants Placekicker!

You have an issue with people talking facts about Stork?

Concussed? Check. He's had 5 since he started college. In fact, many people thought he should hang it up and started questioning Stork weeks ago when concussion #5 was announced. Others felt that the concussions lent themselves to some of the erratic behavior they'd seen from him.

Undisciplined? Check. What else would you call it when he head butts someone and starts throwing punches wildly in a joint practice? And by all accounts, Timu didn't do anything wrong. This was actually the 2nd fight that Stork had been in. He'd fought with Woodrow Hamilton in during OTAs.

Wife beater? No one said that. What was quoted was from Kontra and it stated that Stork and his fiance got in an argument and Stork kicked her dog. Kontra also stated he'd heard other stories about Stork, but didn't elaborate.

Last edited:
Thread title needs changing:

The #Patriots traded C Bryan Stork to the #Redskins in exchange for a conditional draft pick, source said. Deal being worked out now.

As @RapSheet said, after informing C Bryan Stork of intention to release him, Patriots have traded him to Washington before official release

What a shock. 7 pages of this thread. Over 130 posts wasted because the media got the story wrong....again.

So this is what it means. Stork has a history of concussions, BUT at this point in time he has to be healthy in order to be traded. The Pats will get another draft pick, probably 6-7th rounds for their troubles. Clearly Karras or Kline or one of the other myriad of guys who have been playing back up C have their confidence.

Personally I'm disappointed. After his rookie year, where he was a rock in the center of the OL on a superbowl winning team, I thought the Pats found a gem. Someone with eventual all pro potential. I feel to this day that the Pats were a better run blocking team with Stork in the middle. However I get the move. Like I've said before the Pats value dependability very highly and Bryan Stork just hasn't been dependable, whether its do to his injuries or his temperament. This will ultimately not be a bad thing for the Pats, and it sends a powerful message to the locker room about the power of viewed as being "dependable".

And congratulations to David Andrews. You are now ANOTHER Patriots' success story to come out being an UDFA. The meritocracy lives on.

Redskins GM Scot McCloughan checked the transaction wire, noticed nothing had been official, so he called Nick Caserio about a trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes