PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stork NOT Released; Traded to the Redskins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looks like Kline and Derby also got owned on that play. Not just Stork.

Wasn't Andrews benched down the stretch for Stork last season if I recall correctly?

As Doug Kyed said:

So, his retirement isn't our problem.. It's Washington's. And since it's a conditional pick, they keep it..

Stork sucks - Andrews should have been starting at center last season, especially in the AFCCG.

Wasn't Andrews benched down the stretch for Stork last season if I recall correctly?

He had a rough game in Week 11 against the Bills. Right at the typical time the "rookie wall" would hit and also right when Stork was ready to come back. And so Stork wound up playing most of the time thereafter. Andrews was passable early in the season to that point.

That said, I'm not saying it was simply the rookie wall and he'll be fine this year. I have no idea. The real question is if Andrews won the starting center job due to his own performance or by default because of Stork regressing. The line looked a lot better last week than week one, but it was against the Bears. I need the views of others more knowledgeable than me to give this assessment.

LOL a retiring JAG...

HE WAS WORTH AT LEAST 2 FIRST ROUNDERSS AND A THIRD, when will we learn...

getting into a fight in practice is not dumb football.
It is good for football players to be aggressive.

Being aggressive is a great trait for football players, but not wrecklessness and lack of discipline that can cost your team big with a penalty

With the new ejection rule after 2 unsportsmanlike penalties, the tolerance level for undisciplined players is going to be even less than it already was I'd imagine

Being aggressive is a great trait for football players, but not wrecklessness and lack of discipline that can cost your team big with a penalty

With the new ejection rule after 2 unsportsmanlike penalties, the tolerance level for undisciplined players is going to be even less than it already was I'd imagine
Sure, but to call Stork an undisciplined player based on squirmishes in practice is silly.

You're talking about a man who was known around FSU for kicking his girlfriend, and now fiancée's, dog and shoving her to the ground when they would argue. The guy has a screw loose and sustaining more concussions isn't going to help him.

Sure, but to call Stork an undisciplined player based on squirmishes in practice is silly.

Yea admittedly i really didn't know anything about Stork's history in college, so I wasn't really all that concerned when I read about him having a couple practice confrontations, especially when I wasn't there so I don't know the context or the things that were said that lead to that confrontation. I wouldn't jump to conclusions based on a few practices, but from some stuff I'm learning from others it seems like Stork might have problems controlling his emotions

I have no ill will towards him, I mean the guy came in as a 4th round draft pick and started the entire year helping the team win a Superbowl... very, very impressive for a rookie to come in and do that.. I'll always be grateful for that

With all of the concussions he's had at such a young age, I think retirement would be his best option at this point so that he can still have a healthy future ahead of him... but ultimately he'll be the one that makes that choice and I wish him nothing but the best regardless of what decision he makes

You're talking about a man who was known around FSU for kicking his girlfriend, and now fiancée's, dog and shoving her to the ground when they would argue. The guy has a screw loose and sustaining more concussions isn't going to help him.

Notice to all you weed-tokin', pimp-slappin', dog kickin' knuckleheads:

You CANNOT hide from patsfans.com!

You didn't hear? That stuffs okay. I mean, unless she gets the wind knocked out of her, then it's an integrity issue if the amount of air in her is out of the league range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News