PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stork NOT Released; Traded to the Redskins

Status
Not open for further replies.
dumb football. which belichick abhors.
getting into a fight in practice is not dumb football.
It is good for football players to be aggressive.

Hate to say it but our 2014 draft might turn out to be one of our worst drafts of the BB tenure.

Still gotta see how White, Fleming and Garoppolo progress this season before making a judgment but I agree that it doesn't look good right now.

Round – Dominique Easley (DL Florida) – 29th Pick
2nd Round – Jimmy Garoppolo (QB, Eastern Illinois) 62nd Pick
4th Round – Bryan Stork (OL, Florida State) – 105th Pick
4th Round – James White (RB, Wisconsin) – 130th Pick
4th Round – Cameron Fleming (OT, Stanford) – 140th Pick
6th Round – Jon Halapio (G, Florida) – 179th Pick
6th Round – Zach Moore (DE, Concoria) – 198th Pick
6th Round – Jemea Thomas (DB, Georgia Tech) – 206th Pick
7th Round – Jeremy Gallon (WR, Michigan) – 244th Pick

The following picks have been traded:

3rd Round (Assigned) – Traded to JAX for 4th and 6th
5th Round (PHI – Isaac Sopoaga)

Last edited:
getting into a fight in practice is not dumb football.
It is good for football players to be aggressive.
The guy was a bit undisciplined, you must admit. Head butting penalties in big spots shouldn't be excused by "it's football." We see that on another team--say, coached by Rex Ryan--I think you're whistling a different tune.

The guy was a bit undisciplined, you must admit. Head butting penalties in big spots shouldn't be excused by "it's football." We see that on another team--say, coached by Rex Ryan--I think you're whistling a different tune.

i mean if a guy headbutted someone in a game, would any of us say "well, he was just bring aggressive?"

Thinking out of the box here...
Scar can remember the old Celtic days when Bill Russell was player coach.
Desperate times bring desperate but innovative solutions.
So...how about Scar stepping into the OL at C or OT as a player coach?
Who's with me here?
Cousins?

Unfortunate, but probably the right call so I have no issue with it. I feel bad for the guy, but with the number of concussions he's sustained he really should get out of football. He won a title as a starter in both college and the pros, that makes his career a success no matter how short it was, and the way he stabilized the line in 2014 made him a good draft pick in the same way.

That's 2 big losses right there in Vollmer and Stork. If Cooper is damaged good as it seems to be the case, our Oline looks even worse than we tought.
They have to bring someone else dont they??

for more context, kontradiction posted this in the patriots minicamp thread earlier this summer:

Patriots Minicamp Thread

Not surprised by that. Stork is supposed to be a mega *******. My girlfriend knew his fiancée in college. Supposedly they got into a fight and he kicked her dog. He also grew up one county north of where I did and I hear a lot of interesting things about him from people who went to Vero.

seems like he has judgment/impulse control issues in general.

Still gotta see how White, Flemming and Garoppolo progress this season before making a call but it sure doesn't look good.

Round – Dominique Easley (DL Florida) – 29th Pick
2nd Round – Jimmy Garoppolo (QB, Eastern Illinois) 62nd Pick
4th Round – Bryan Stork (OL, Florida State) – 105th Pick
4th Round – James White (RB, Wisconsin) – 130th Pick
4th Round – Cameron Fleming (OT, Stanford) – 140th Pick
6th Round – Jon Halapio (G, Florida) – 179th Pick
6th Round – Zach Moore (DE, Concoria) – 198th Pick
6th Round – Jemea Thomas (DB, Georgia Tech) – 206th Pick
7th Round – Jeremy Gallon (WR, Michigan) – 244th Pick

The following picks have been traded:

3rd Round (Assigned) – Traded to JAX for 4th and 6th
5th Round (PHI – Isaac Sopoaga)

I consider the Stork pick a success anyway for his role in winning us a title. Still, that's a concerning draft board for sure. The Pats had a few consecutive drafts like that leading up to 2009, leaving them with a team that just didn't have the depth to give them a leg up in chasing the SB. Luckily they righted the ship pretty quickly by killing the next few drafts after that.

Hopefully the 2015 class makes a big step up this year. I could optimistically see Brown, Flowers and/or Grissom, Mason, Jackson, Cardona, Derby and Roberts all playing relatively significant roles this year. Although hopefully they don't all have to since that would mean some significant players got injured.

WOW, is this board getting to be a bunch of old hens....

In the last few hours, Stork has gone from a good center, battling for a starting job, to now a bad seed, who beats women! I first noticed it when Jones got traded, the unabashed trashing of a guy who played great, just because the Pats decided to trade him (for a bag of magic beans). Now Stork is getting killed as undisciplined and concussed and a wife beater.

Sure the decision to cut him is puzzling at best, but Jesus, can we stop with the "I hear he beats his girlfriend" crap? and he is a draft bust?

I'd take a starting center on a Superbowl winning team as my 4th round draft pick all day long. The Pats cut him, he didn't quit on the Pats. Now we can argue if its a good or bad move on the football side, but let's try and not make him out to be the Giants Placekicker!

In the last few hours, Stork has gone from a good center, battling for a starting job, to now a bad seed, who beats women! I first noticed it when Jones got traded, the unabashed trashing of a guy who played great, just because the Pats decided to trade him (for a bag of magic beans). Now Stork is getting killed as undisciplined and concussed and a wife beater.

Sure the decision to cut him is puzzling at best, but Jesus, can we stop with the "I hear he beats his girlfriend" crap? and he is a draft bust?

I'd take a starting center on a Superbowl winning team as my 4th round draft pick all day long. The Pats cut him, he didn't quit on the Pats. Now we can argue if its a good or bad move on the football side, but let's try and not make him out to be the Giants Placekicker!
How do you know the dog was a woman?

did somebody accuse him of that?

How do you know the dog was a woman?

Or that Stork was married to her......

......or did the Supreme Court issue another ruling I missed?

I was a little surprised at first and then I found an article that I'll post below that made me think. I think Stork was the better player and deserved the job but he is concussion prone. I now feel that was the deciding factor who will stay healthier longer.
http://www.ttownsports.com/stork-gone-new-england/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back