PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stork NOT Released; Traded to the Redskins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck, Bryan Stork. Concussions are serious business - take good care of yourself.

It looks like Belichick is paring down the roster early yo give players snaps in preseason to help these units with new leaders find their rhythm. Many of these moves have cap implications that are not major, but important to consider as they sign available free agents or from other teams as cuts continue to accelerate.

Agents are looking at this and calculating opportunities for their clients. Roster spots with the Patriots are very attractive for guys looking for a chance to play for a contender.

Mason played center in college.

Yeah, no. Mason never played center in college. He was a left guard as a freshman and sophomore and a right guard as a junior and senior. He does have a center's prototypical body type and many teams were interested in drafting him to play center.

A little surprising but not really. He was becoming too unreliable with his concussions.

Disagree.

I found his Concussions very reliable, indeed.
harumph.gif

ive been a bit out of touch recently by...

why are we calling Stork dumb/undisciplined, etc? is it just the headbutt in a practice recently?

wonder is Scar was against him, i could see the two of them butting heads and Scar would easily have final say

That's a shtick/sarcastic post. Every time someone is signed he posts that player is great or awesome and anytime someone is cut he says they suck.

Is this new? Where the hell have I been?

So much for the "once in a generation center"...:confused:

Well at this point i hope Stork retires. Thank him for his service and I hope Andrews is ready. I think he still has room to grow but made a nice jump year 2 in size.

First, I can't believe this is mostly performance based decision. From out here looks like playing with fire. This team desperately needs experienced, strong, versatile OL. And they are dropping like flies again. Competition with Andrews couldn't be the reason since he can back up and play all positions.

Second, I can't believe he has no value for trade despite concussions - he did return soon obviously willing to continue his young career. There are teams crying for C let alone versatile OL. We got Hicks for Hoo-man last year.

Third, I do believe they saw good things from Karras (it was not always a pretty picture vs Bears, especially in space but he had no talent around him most of the time), I loved his pick from the start - but he is raw and unexperienced.

Fourth, this simply must mean Kline's shoulder is OK.

Fifth, I just have to believe that they believe Mason and Cooper can return sooner than thought here.

EDIT: I like Andrews. He is a lucky guy and brings luck (10-0). But now I couldn't help wandering if his healthier head has anything to do with his problem fully engaging in run game compared to Stork.

Last edited:
Stork will get claimed, he is still on his rookie 4th round deal. I can't believe they couldn't trade him for a 6th or 7th round pick.

The only thing that would make sense is that they are going to move Thuney to center, but this would only happened if both Jackson and Cooper were healthy and to start the season (neither is).

I like Andrews but he is a bite small and is by no means a "great center". This line is seriously starting to worry me, no Stork, Vollmer, Jackson, Cooper.........

Not sure if this is a good idea, but it's his life.

Only 33 players left from the 2014 SB winning team...

First, I can't believe this is mostly performance based decision. From out here looks like playing with fire. This team desperately needs experienced, strong, versatile OL. And they are dropping like flies again. Competition with Andrews couldn't be the reason since he can back up and play all positions.

Second, I can't believe he has no value for trade despite concussions - he did return soon obviously willing to continue his young career. There are teams crying for C let alone versatile OL. We got Hicks for Hoo-man last year.

Third, I do believe they saw good things from Karras (it was not always a pretty picture vs Bears, especially in space but he had no talent around him most of the time), I loved his pick from the start - but he is raw and unexperienced.

Fourth, this simply must mean Kline's shoulder is OK.

Fifth, I just have to believe that they believe Mason and Cooper can return sooner than thought here.

jesus ...
It definitely isn't based on how ability, its based on availability.
Do you really think that BB could have traded and you know that but he doesn't? First why would anyone give up anything for a concussion ravaged player that fans of his own team are begging to retire, and second, I think we can be confident that if anything could be gotten for him, BB wouldn't just cut him, so your impression that we could have gotten something would have to be wrong.

Surprised by this move, but if he can't stay on the field, he can't help us. Guess we're going with Andrews now!!!!!

Ugh this o-line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back