PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sorry To Interupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, in other words, they played a bad game and still won. I still don't see what the downside is. Every team has bad games; did you see the Steelers and Ravens today?

Again, every 5-1 team in their last game played poorly and still won. I don't know why it is bad thing to win.

The Chargers beat a 3-3 Cardinals team 41-10 at home
The Chargers beat a 3-4 Jaguars team 38-13 at home
The Chargers had the #1 offense in the league coming into the game
The Chargers had the #1 defense in the league coming into the game

The Patriots played a pretty terrible game--offensively inept for an entire half and average for the other half; defensively they got soft as the game wore on and despite the turnovers looked like they were getting manhandled for much of the game.

And yet the Patriots won...on the road...while playing a terrible game...against a team that DOMINATED their first two home games. Yeah, I'll take it :cool:

Seriously, I understand that there are criticisms for the team, for individuals, for coaches. There were A LOT of things that the Patriots did poorly today. But guess what, this thread was started by someone pointing out the fact that, hey, we won the freaking game, let's not go overboard with this negativity crap.

This board looks like it does after a loss...just scan the subjects, they're all negative. THE TEAM WON THE GAME, how 'bout giving the some guys some props?

Or the Jets play the last week and a half?

Right, they turned the ball over 3 times last week and found a way to win on the road against a team that just got steamrolled by Oakland at home. Each week is its own entity and the sooner people realize this, the sooner they will enjoy the NFL more.

all that matters now is the win. we'll worry about how they win after thanksgiving. with that said, the offense and suprisingly not the defense is the bigger area of concern right now. the oline needs to block better, particularly with some of the teams we have coming up later this year - chicago w/peppers, greenbay w/matthews, minnesota w/the williams brothers, detroit w/suh, etc. people here keep saying how we won super bowls with average receivers and no moss type of a deep threat - however, brady was getting more time to throw back then. matt light imo is going to be a big problem for this team.

What happens when the Patriots play a Rex Ryan coached team or a Mike Tomlin coached team? We should have beat this team by more than 3 points IMO. That is my only real critique.

We were - going into the 4th quarter. That's when Rivers found the soft spot in our zone and exploited it. To be honest, I'm not sure why it took so long to make the switch the man coverage. That should have been done immediately after the first TD drive for the Chargers.

Right, they turned the ball over 3 times last week and found a way to win on the road against a team that just got steamrolled by Oakland at home. Each week is its own entity and the sooner people realize this, the sooner they will enjoy the NFL more.

And let's not forget a week earlier that they couldn't put away the Vikes and if not for a bonehead Favre INT, might have lost that game. Yet, many people consider the Jets the best team in the NFL

At least Tom Brady isn't full of sh*T and is truthful......they laid an egg on offense today.....the OL was piss poor and realistically is going to be hot and cold the rest of the way....which means the OFFENSE will be hot and cold the rest of the way. Defense is still coming together and will be there in a year or two........Brady sees the writing on the wall.....do what you can this year......maybe something magical will happen but realistically....we are in rebuild mode.......

I think this is in your head. Because I have not seen a single post where any one is claiming that the offense played great today.

No, I just ashamed that our fans cant appreciate a surprise 5-1 team.

I agree whole heartedly, just like it was embarrassing when the fans booed Brady taking at the half last week.

I have a hard time believing some of these fans were following this team back in the 70's an 80's. Back when the only televised games where away games and the playoffs were something other teams fans enjoyed.

I remember a few years back when the Pats destroyed the Packers in Greenbay. It was like 35-0 or 35-7 pr something like that. It was late in the fourth, game was a foregone conclusion. There was not an empty seat in the house.

I always think back to that when I see the stands at Gillete empty near the end, even in victory.

Makes me kind of laugh when someone says Pats fans are the best.

:bricks:

the negativity about how awful this win was, but I wanted to point out that this team is tied for the best record in the NFL

dont try logic on this board

I quite enjoyed this win. It's thrilling when it gets close like that and the team is able to pull it out. However, I dont think there is anything wrong with giving fair assessment and criticism to the team when they deserve it. Yeah they won but they played very sloppy. So what is wrong with saying so and having discussion about it? When they win no one wants to hear anything about the play but had they lost this place would be blowing up and most of the people in this thread telling others to stop talking about it would be joining in.

I don't jump off a cliff after every loss, nor do i ignore obvious problems, though I don't care how we win.

We obviously did some good things in that win, particularly the progress of our young defense.

It is a little difficult to sift out the obvious talent on San Diego from their suicidal tendencies, but if I'm limited to wailing in unison with the doom choir for L's, or grinning like Forest Gump for W's, no matter how we played, what's the point of posting?

I started to read the game thread when the game was 10 to 3 in favor of the Pats you could swear that the Pats were losing 30 to 0. Complain about every little play as if that play determined the game or not. The negativity in that thread and others makes this place a lot less fun , which is a shame it has always been the best Patriots site around.

I'd like it if the board took the team's approach after wins. For today, let's enjoy it. Any win is a tough win in the NFL. No matter how good or bad you played, there will be things to dissect and improve on. But that's for tomorrow. Today, be happy. Tomorrow, move on to next week's game.

We don't need any Randy Moss type rants after a big win. Let's just enjoy today for what it is. And tomorrow, then let's talk about improvement.

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone else noticed but Arrington tipped the field goal attempt and I think kept it from hooking back in, he was pretty extended coming in from the kicker's left side.

My original post in this thread was a response to somebody being called a chicken little. There are too many extremes on the board and I put you into a category based on this thread. Sorry if you actually made this thread to point out the obvious and not to try and categorize yourself as a homer.
Actually, the person you were responding to created his own strawman calling himself Chicken Little.
This was your post
when we win say nothing negative for you will be a chicken little. when we lose say nothing positive for you will be a homer. Im sure BB will be popping champaign like our friend Andy right.

Given that and the bolded above, I can only assume you are purposely trying to be an @ss, and you are not worth my time.

I think there are some fans on this board that think SB champions must play 19 perfect games.
Because now, wins are bad.

Lighten up Francis
You made your point

PATS played good enough to win on the road against a good team
More than I expected
Happy to be 5 and 1

Positive enough?

Last edited:
I think this is in your head. Because I have not seen a single post where any one is claiming that the offense played great today.

Yup, we're not blind, we know that the Pats played a pretty poor game today. But some people seem to think that good teams never have off games, and the rest of us recognize that that's just not true. Every team has bad games, and the best teams win anyways.

I don't jump off a cliff after every loss, nor do i ignore obvious problems, though I don't care how we win.

We obviously did some good things in that win, particularly the progress of our young defense.

It is a little difficult to sift out the obvious talent on San Diego from their suicidal tendencies, but if I'm limited to wailing in unison with the doom choir for L's, or grinning like Forest Gump for W's, no matter how we played, what's the point of posting?
I dont think thats really the point though.
I agree with your comment, but it doesnt address what is happening today, which is wailing in unison with the doom choir for a W
That was the point of the OP. Its bad enough for doom and gloom after a loss, doom and gloom in anticipation of a loss even, but this was doom and gloom after a win.

FWIW, I flew from Boston to Los Angeles just a couple days ago (part of why I haven't been around lately), and those multiple-time-zone flights can really take something out of you, for that first day or two. Traveling to the west coast to play is not a trivial factor, and I think people tend to underestimate all of that off-the-field stuff.

Last edited:
Today was a ugly win, but a W is a W and we'll take it, shut the **** up, and go home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back