PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sorry To Interupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was an awesome win. Nice to see the defense step up like that in the end game 2 weeks in a row! :rocker:

For some perspective, perhaps...

This team already has as many wins outside of Foxboro as last year's team did and still have five road games left.

Last year's team loses the last two games.

The teams from 2001-06 won a lot of games in just this same fashion.

The defense is really coming together nicely. They were on the field a lot (or so it seemed) and held the high powered SD line up to just two touchdowns.

Brady was off for a lot of the game and was able to make plays when he had to.

They are 5-1.

when we win say nothing negative for you will be a chicken little. when we lose say nothing positive for you will be a homer. Im sure BB will be popping champaign like our friend Andy right.

He looked pretty damn happy after the win, hugging guys again. I think he saves the champaign for SB wins.

ok fair enough but its just that if we play this way or like we did against the Ravens in the playoffs, don't expect the board to be ****ting roses.

The Pats beat a 5-2 Ravens (at the time they were 4-1). If the Pats play like they did vs the Ravens, they might win a Super Bowl.

True....but their last two wins were really quite lucky.....dont you think? Ravens had us in sights....then blew it......Today, we failed to generate POINTS off 3/4 turnovers......and were lucky to escape with an embarrassing win against the Chargers today. Trust me Andy.,.....this team will not be in the SB this year.......Too many inconsistencies.....and too many holes. Getting rid of Moss WILL overall hurt this offense.....didn't affect us that bad last week.......DID effect us today.....could not get alot going until mid third qtr offensively. Basically, in summary, don't get your expectations too high this year Andy....and you will be fine

I don't care about style points.
This game was either a 1 in the W or the L column, no more, no less.

The most important aspect of a championship team is that it wins, whether pretty or ugly.
I have no clue why my expectations would matter to you, and why I would base them on what you think.

I was unaware that being objective made me a chicken little or negative

Anyone who thinks the team played well today is either drunk, or a blind homer. I'm stoked we got the win, but wow was did we look terrible. The receiving corps had club hands, the line couldn't block and the coaching staff got soft and played not to lose

Again, we played a bad game. I'm happy with the season and they way things are going, but we didn't look great

Finally a realistic voice!!!!! Very happy that the team won....but did we DESERVE to? Not the way the coaches called it and certainly not the way the offense played it. The defense once again played well overall. Yes, for some reason BB put them in a "prevent" most of the game which appeared asinine........but that is what the coach called. Brady......looked very un-Brady.....like he did in the Jest game.....off on rhythm......off on WR routes.......slow to react............OL sucked a## overall.....no way to sugar coat that one......especially ad nauseum Matt "turnstile" Lightweight and Dan "turtle" Koppen........this team is not going anywhere this year.......not the way they are coached and staffed this year.....that is the (unfortunate) truth........but the good news is on defense.....next year or year after.....This D is going to kick a##......if we have a Good O at that point......could be SB material by then......mark it.....1-2 years!!!!! GO PATS

For some perspective, perhaps...

This team already has as many wins outside of Foxboro as last year's team did and still have five road games left.

Last year's team loses the last two games.

The teams from 2001-06 won a lot of games in just this same fashion.

The defense is really coming together nicely. They were on the field a lot (or so it seemed) and held the high powered SD line up to just two touchdowns.

Brady was off for a lot of the game and was able to make plays when he had to.

They are 5-1.

Actually, the Pats have won twice as many road games last year and the only road game the Pats won last year was on a neutral field in England.

The Pats beat a 5-2 Ravens (at the time they were 4-1). If the Pats play like they did vs the Ravens, they might win a Super Bowl.

I think there are some fans on this board that think SB champions must play 19 perfect games.
Because now, wins are bad.

Finally a realistic voice!!!!! Very happy that the team won....but did we DESERVE to? Not the way the coaches called it and certainly not the way the offense played it. The defense once again played well overall. Yes, for some reason BB put them in a "prevent" most of the game which appeared asinine........but that is what the coach called. Brady......looked very un-Brady.....like he did in the Jest game.....off on rhythm......off on WR routes.......slow to react............OL sucked a## overall.....no way to sugar coat that one......especially ad nauseum Matt "turnstile" Lightweight and Dan "turtle" Koppen........this team is not going anywhere this year.......not the way they are coached and staffed this year.....that is the (unfortunate) truth........but the good news is on defense.....next year or year after.....This D is going to kick a##......if we have a Good O at that point......could be SB material by then......mark it.....1-2 years!!!!! GO PATS
So the Chargers deserved to win?

Some people will always have a problem with the Pats, no matter how good the win or how bad the loss. Personally, today's win leaves with some concerns, but I'll take a W any way we can get it the week after an OT game whee we have to travel across the country. A win's a win.

I care a lot less about whether or not the Patriots DESERVED to win than whether or not they actually won.

On a side note, when the Pats lose a close, hard-fought game, do you ever say "well, they may have lost, but they deserved the win, so you gotta give them that"? Of course you don't, so what's with this deserving to lose business?

Last edited:
Actually, the Pats have won twice as many road games last year and the only road game the Pats won last year was on a neutral field in England.
The Bills say hi

Hey Tom Brady said that we didn't play great, what a chicken little.

At least Tom Brady isn't full of sh*T and is truthful......they laid an egg on offense today.....the OL was piss poor and realistically is going to be hot and cold the rest of the way....which means the OFFENSE will be hot and cold the rest of the way. Defense is still coming together and will be there in a year or two........Brady sees the writing on the wall.....do what you can this year......maybe something magical will happen but realistically....we are in rebuild mode.......

Stay off the board if you think you have to control what anyone posts.
After a big win, tying the team for the best record in the NFL, all of the discussion is negative, as if today was a bad thing.

Where did I say I am amazed at slight criticism.
What I am amazed at is immediately following a win (in a game most fans expected a loss) that virtually every post on the board is negative, and I point out that the Patriots are tied for the best record in the NFL, and FANS feel the need to complain about me not posting something negative about this dreadful win.

look at the first goddamn page of your own thread. Stop taking a few individual "we suck" post as a majority of the board. Nobody is pissed that we are 5-1 but the fact that we are 5-1 doesn't mean that people shouldn't think that we are immune to critique. Stop with the 99% BS because you know its not true. Criticism to almost giving up a 20 point lead in the fourth quarter and putting up the lowest offensive yardage total in a decade is to be expected. ************ it's like we've never been 5-1 before.

Were the pats lucky? Yes. The chargers made 3 brain dead plays. The stuff they did three times today is something you may see once in a season.

However sometimes it is better to be lucky than good and this is a game that the pats would have no double lost last year.

Hmmmm, if I remember correctly, in 03-04 we had some real clunkers that we won. 9-6 to a bad Cleveland team, OT win against the Texans.

Bottom line: Our D (AGAIN) made the plays they needed to make, and we left SD with a win.

I think there are some fans on this board that think SB champions must play 19 perfect games.
Because now, wins are bad.

I have been saying this for a long time and as more time passes the more I believe it.

I think a lot of people on this board only watch the Patriots play for the most part. They might watch other teams here and there, but mostly get their info from highlight shows. It is the only thing that explains the complete lack of perspective when it comes to the Pats.

Which is what makes this win impressive IMO. The fact that we could travel across the country to play a very talented and desperate team, play poorly on Offense, with a defense full of rookies and 1st year starters, after playing 5 quarters of extremely physical football, and WIN the game is impressive.

Unfortunately far to many people can't think outside of the 3 hours of football they just watched.

+1 ... anyone who is not looking at perspective needs to re-evaulate themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back