PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sorry To Interupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started to read the game thread when the game was 10 to 3 in favor of the Pats you could swear that the Pats were losing 30 to 0. Complain about every little play as if that play determined the game or not. The negativity in that thread and others makes this place a lot less fun , which is a shame it has always been the best Patriots site around.

Game threads are always like that.

I've seen suicidal game threads in games where we won by 30, and I actually don't think I'm exaggerating.

Actually, the person you were responding to created his own strawman calling himself Chicken Little.
This was your post

Given that and the bolded above, I can only assume you are purposely trying to be an @ss, and you are not worth my time.

who said he was called a chicken little in this thread? The terms chicken little and Homer are thrown around on this board so often its not even funny anymore anyway, obvious thread is obvious. Everybody knows we won the game and we are tied for the best record in the league. Most people are upset about the contents of the game and not the end result.

who said he was called a chicken little in this thread? The terms chicken little and Homer are thrown around on this board so often its not even funny anymore anyway,
You mean like you did in this thread?

FWIW, I flew from Boston to Los Angeles just a couple days ago (part of why I haven't been around lately), and those multiple-time-zone flights can really take something out of you, for that first day or two. Traveling to the west coast to play is not a trivial factor, and I think people tend to underestimate all of that off-the-field stuff.

Jet lag is West to East, not East to West. I fly to LA all the time on business and it's easier to stay up a little later and get up later, than it is to get up earlier and go to bed earlier (as it would be going West>East).

Jet lag is West to East, not East to West. I fly to LA all the time on business and it's easier to stay up a little later and get up later, than it is to get up earlier and go to bed earlier (as it would be going West>East).

isn't it the opposite?

I travel both ways regularly too, and I much prefer going west to east versus east to west. Going east to west means that your daily routine is ruined from the get-go. The only way to correct it is to go to sleep before you're tired, which is pretty difficult. West to east means you throw down 5 hour energies until it's time for bed, then you pretty much reset overnight. In short, it kinda sucks either way, but I find west > east easier to correct for.

Last edited:
if you really think this site is bad maybe you need to go visit the Charges board.

Yup

There is a village out there.

And it's missing it's idiot.

It's amazing how people can watch a game and think it unfolds in a vacuum.

The offense had problems in the first half but it also had four turnovers. It makes the game unfolding different from normal games.

Look at the second half when the game became a "set piece" game. The offense moved fluidly and effortlessly.

The game was only close because of the onside kick. Think San Diego would have done than down 3 or 6 or 7? Well, why no. Had they kicked off the offense would have jammed it down San Diego's throat

Why?

Because if Norv was positive his defense would pitch a "3 and out", there is zero reason for a very high risk play like an onside kick.

Going to the left coast after 5 quarters of physical football and winning against a very talented team is an accomplishment.

When the defense needed the final stop, BINGO MONEY PLAY

Best to enjoy the win and quit whing over stupid things.

I dont think thats really the point though.
I agree with your comment, but it doesnt address what is happening today, which is wailing in unison with the doom choir for a W
That was the point of the OP. Its bad enough for doom and gloom after a loss, doom and gloom in anticipation of a loss even, but this was doom and gloom after a win.

I pretty much try to ignore the doom choir, especially the game day threads, per my recent post. Since i reserve the right to point out some troubling areas later, how about this positive note?

We have to be one of the youngest teams in the NFL,as far as 1st and second year players. As much as I get frustrated about some things, we are tremendously disciplined and crisp compared to some teams, as is obvious against San Diego, or Cinci or basically any team that makes tons of mental errors and confusion.

That is outstanding for a bunch of rooks and near rooks halfway through the season.

Concerns? Do we have a good enough running game, given the age/injuries of Taylor? Why do we need to wait til the second half to make adjustments necessary in the opening minutes? (the sequel to why do we look great in the 1st half and fail to predict opponents defensive adjustments)

A 5-1 team should be looking towards the SB and SB teams address problem areas along the way.

Why would pointing out the record of the team be 'popping champagne'?
Amazing to me that after a win on the West Coast against a team most people predicted we would lose to, that making a positive comment is considered irrational amongst the complainig that has taken over since the win ended.

i think people have forgotten the wins vs cleveland in 2003 with scores of 10-9 or vs the giants in 2003 when the played as bad as today in the first half. this has a similar feel to it and they won without playing their best

Yup

There is a village out there.

And it's missing it's idiot.

It's amazing how people can watch a game and think it unfolds in a vacuum.

The offense had problems in the first half but it also had four turnovers. It makes the game unfolding different from normal games.

Look at the second half when the game became a "set piece" game. The offense moved fluidly and effortlessly.

The game was only close because of the onside kick. Think San Diego would have done than down 3 or 6 or 7? Well, why no. Had they kicked off the offense would have jammed it down San Diego's throat

Why?

Because if Norv was positive his defense would pitch a "3 and out", there is zero reason for a very high risk play like an onside kick.

Going to the left coast after 5 quarters of physical football and winning against a very talented team is an accomplishment.

When the defense needed the final stop, BINGO MONEY PLAY

Best to enjoy the win and quit whing over stupid things.

lol Money Play? San Diego was in field goal range at that point. It would have been a 45 yarder if not for a false start and even then, it was a foot away from being a tie game.nBrown makes that and anything can happen in OT. Im happy that we won but stop vomiting rainbows and pull your head out of your ass. What am I whining over? No excuses for me, I said it would be a tough game from the beginning but I wasn't expecting that many gifts. If you told me the Patriots would be +4 in the turnover battle and I wouldn't think that the Chargers came within a foot of sending the game to OT. All in all I just hope the team makes the adjustments so we don't give up 17 points in the fourth quarter to a team like Pittsburgh or the Jets and we put up more than 180yards of total offense. Whatever lets just move on to the vikings game next week because we can go back and forth all night.

The Chargers beat a 3-3 Cardinals team 41-10 at home
The Chargers beat a 3-4 Jaguars team 38-13 at home
The Chargers had the #1 offense in the league coming into the game
The Chargers had the #1 defense in the league coming into the game

The Patriots played a pretty terrible game--offensively inept for an entire half and average for the other half; defensively they got soft as the game wore on and despite the turnovers looked like they were getting manhandled for much of the game.

And yet the Patriots won...on the road...while playing a terrible game...against a team that DOMINATED their first two home games. Yeah, I'll take it :cool:

Seriously, I understand that there are criticisms for the team, for individuals, for coaches. There were A LOT of things that the Patriots did poorly today. But guess what, this thread was started by someone pointing out the fact that, hey, we won the freaking game, let's not go overboard with this negativity crap.

This board looks like it does after a loss...just scan the subjects, they're all negative. THE TEAM WON THE GAME, how 'bout giving the some guys some props?

This, mostly. I think we probably would have lost if the Bolts' starting WR's were in the game. They have an excellent, energized, physical defense which didn't have injuries, and, accordingly, we struggled historically against them in the first half (lowest yards total in a half since 2003). We won because we out-executed throughout the game, had an 8+ minute drive in the 3rd quarter, and held on at the end. I was worried that this would be the turnaround game for the Chargers but again, big plays carried us through, as well as big negative plays by the Chargers (e.g. the penalty to push the last minute FG five yards out). This is a freaking quality road win ffs.

Yes you did.

I thought your thread was homerish but sorry if I didn't mean to actually call you a homer. There are a handful of real homers and they know who they are.

Last edited:
lol Money Play? San Diego was in field goal range at that point. It would have been a 45 yarder if not for a false start and even then, it was a foot away from being a tie game.nBrown makes that and anything can happen in OT. Im happy that we won but stop vomiting rainbows and pull your head out of your ass. What am I whining over? No excuses for me, I said it would be a tough game from the beginning but I wasn't expecting that many gifts. If you told me the Patriots would be +4 in the turnover battle and I wouldn't think that the Chargers came within a foot of sending the game to OT. All in all I just hope the team makes the adjustments so we don't give up 17 points in the fourth quarter to a team like Pittsburgh or the Jets and we put up more than 180yards of total offense. Whatever lets just move on to the vikings game next week because we can go back and forth all night.

Don't kid yourself and don't flatter yourself

We are not going back and forth

I am making fun of your comments.

And it's deserved.

Don't kid yourself and don't flatter yourself

We are not going back and forth

I am making fun of your comments.

And it's deserved.

oh my god you totally win bro, i was totally owned. I will never doubt you again. Turner cought the Pats off guard and the Chargers recovered the onside kick. Stop with the whole "the onside kick made it close" bs because an oside kick isn't worth **** if you don't score. The Pats sure as **** shoved it right down their throats when the got it back after the Chargers pulled it within 3. Oh thats right they didn't. You're argument has major holes in it. Maybe you shouldn't drink and post.

the negativity about how awful this win was, but I wanted to point out that this team is tied for the best record in the NFL

This was our toughest game of the year so far IMO.

I think if we had shipped moss off before the Jets game and got Branch in we would be undefeated.

I was unaware that being objective made me a chicken little or negative

Anyone who thinks the team played well today is either drunk, or a blind homer. I'm stoked we got the win, but wow was did we look terrible. The receiving corps had club hands, the line couldn't block and the coaching staff got soft and played not to lose

Again, we played a bad game. I'm happy with the season and they way things are going, but we didn't look great

This is the NFL. Do you expect the other teams not to show up? Without the freak onside play, which was a great play by San Diego we wouldn't be having this conversation.

This is the NFL. Do you expect the other teams not to show up? Without the freak onside play, which was a great play by San Diego we wouldn't be having this conversation.

again since when is getting an onside kick an automatic 6 points. Give SD some credit, the took it down and scored.

True....but their last two wins were really quite lucky.....dont you think? Ravens had us in sights....then blew it......Today, we failed to generate POINTS off 3/4 turnovers......and were lucky to escape with an embarrassing win against the Chargers today. Trust me Andy.,.....this team will not be in the SB this year.......Too many inconsistencies.....and too many holes. Getting rid of Moss WILL overall hurt this offense.....didn't affect us that bad last week.......DID effect us today.....could not get alot going until mid third qtr offensively. Basically, in summary, don't get your expectations too high this year Andy....and you will be fine

Hmmmm...... let's look at the most recent wins of the NFL's top 3 teams aside from the Pats:

NYJ over Denver - - - "quite lucky"?

Balto over Buffalo - - "quite lucky"?

Pitt over Mia - - "quite lucky"?

Of those three teams, whose last victory is more substantive than the Pats today?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes