PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sorry To Interupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were the pats lucky? Yes. The chargers made 3 brain dead plays. The stuff they did three times today is something you may see once in a season.

However sometimes it is better to be lucky than good and this is a game that the pats would have no double lost last year.

The chargers made a lot more than 3 brain dead plays, but that's what poorly coached teams do. You can't remove that from the equation and pretend that they shouldn't have happened. That's the difference between a Belichick-coached team and a Norv Turner-coached team, and it needs to be taken into consideration as a legitimate factor in the outcome rather than some random fluke.

Last edited:
look at the first goddamn page of your own thread. Stop taking a few individual "we suck" post as a majority of the board. Nobody is pissed that we are 5-1 but the fact that we are 5-1 doesn't mean that people shouldn't think that we are immune to critique. Stop with the 99% BS because you know its not true. Criticism to almost giving up a 20 point lead in the fourth quarter and putting up the lowest offensive yardage total in a decade is to be expected. ************ it's like we've never been 5-1 before.
What board are you reading.
I made this post, because all of the threads started since the game ended were negative. "At leasst they won" "The OL sucks" "Dont BLAME the D" etc etc.
It is very interesting to me that when I start a thread saying we have the best record in the NFL you decide to jump in and pretty much say I have no business discussing that and should talk about all the reasons the win was bad instead.

Were the pats lucky? Yes. The chargers made 3 brain dead plays. The stuff they did three times today is something you may see once in a season.

However sometimes it is better to be lucky than good and this is a game that the pats would have no double lost last year.

The Pats did make a lot of brain dead plays of their own, just not as costly and they were more heads up on the brain dead plays by the Chargers (every player should know you play to the whistle on every play and if there is a ball on the ground you try to recover it even if it is going to be ruled dead).

The Pats were lucky in every Super Bowl years. Every Super Bowl team have luck in the season.

The chargers made a lot more than 3 brain dead plays, but that's what poorly coached teams do. You can't remove that from the equation and pretend that they shouldn't have happened. That's the difference between a Belichick-coached team and a Norv Turner-coached team, and it needs to be taken into consideration as a legitimate factor in the outcome rather than some random fluke.

What happens when the Patriots play a Rex Ryan coached team or a Mike Tomlin coached team? We should have beat this team by more than 3 points IMO. That is my only real critique.

Every teams needs a bit of luck, with a whole lot of skill in this age of parity a win on the road needs to be taken at face value.. at the end of the day there are no style points awarded.. just a W...

Is there room for improvement??? yes... but it makes no difference, we did what we had to do to put away a team with the best pass D in the league...

The Pats did make a lot of brain dead plays of their own, just not as costly and they were more heads up on the brain dead plays by the Chargers (every player should know you play to the whistle on every play and if there is a ball on the ground you try to recover it even if it is going to be ruled dead).

The Pats were lucky in every Super Bowl years. Every Super Bowl team have luck in the season.

Yeah that onside kick was a killer and it really opened the game up for the chargers. That is my thinking as well. Every good team gets a lucky win once a year. People may no be thrilled with this win but this win was a loss last year so this team is making progress.

And you also cannot pretend that those plays can be removed and the outcome would change.
Those plays were part of the game that developed. Without them the game develops differently.
If the game is 17-14 at the start of the 4th, the Chargers dont get a TD vs the prevent, then an onside kick.
The very negatives that people use as the reason we would not have won without the Chargers mistakes, were in large part a result of those mistakes being made.
I have found that many fans believe that when the Patriots allowed a 6 1/2 minute FG drive to start the 4th quarter ahead 20-6 that no matter what the score was all the plays on that drive would have been just the same, as well as the TD drive to cut it to 10 halfway through the 4th, etc.
I guess you can see whatever you want to see.

What board are you reading.
I made this post, because all of the threads started since the game ended were negative. "At leasst they won" "The OL sucks" "Dont BLAME the D" etc etc.
It is very interesting to me that when I start a thread saying we have the best record in the NFL you decide to jump in and pretty much say I have no business discussing that and should talk about all the reasons the win was bad instead.

My original post in this thread was a response to somebody being called a chicken little. There are too many extremes on the board and I put you into a category based on this thread. Sorry if you actually made this thread to point out the obvious and not to try and categorize yourself as a homer.

Do you expect the team not to get criticized? Everybody gets criticized. We can't pretend the team is perfect as long as they win.

The OP was pointing out the relavent and more correct onservation.

He was correctly pointing out and tacitly criticizing dumb patsfans.com posting and posters.
Look at the dumb threads.

Not patsfans.com finest hour.

I think this was a great win. The D played very well and we pulled out a tough win after 73 minute marathon win vs. maybe the best team in the league last week.

Is there a luck tie breaker that I'm unaware of? Every win counts the same. I'll take it...

What happens when the Patriots play a Rex Ryan coached team or a Mike Tomlin coached team? We should have beat this team by more than 3 points IMO. That is my only real critique.

Well, Mark Sanchez is no Philip Rivers. I don't see the Jets coming down from 17 in the fourth with Sanchez throwing the ball.

Besides, the offense is in transformation like the defense was in the first month. The defense is starting to come together nicely (as long as they don't go into a prevent) and the offense will have a few struggles especially against against what is the best pass defense in the league.

Did you think that with a 17 point lead well into the 4th quarter?
Does it really make any difference whether what happened after that led to a win of 1,3, 17 or 50?
Those 9 minutes were in this game, not any other, and were not enough to equal a loss.

I care a lot less about whether or not the Patriots DESERVED to win than whether or not they actually won.

On a side note, when the Pats lose a close, hard-fought game, do you ever say "well, they may have lost, but they deserved the win, so you gotta give them that"? Of course you don't, so what's with this deserving to lose business?

Yes, they WON which is great......but lets look at the whole game and how it went down. They had so many things thrown in their lap.....and they did jack crap with it......the offense was labile for the first half and into third before they put a good consistent drive together. Poor adjustments (until 3rd qtr), horrid playcalling. OL play was hideous......Brady was off and so was the coord with receivers.............BB still unable to call much of a pass rush with the players he has......rarely got a ton of pressure on the QB today.....that is a problem. BB also called primarily a soft, prevent type of D almost the entire game which almost cost us.......so with all that we basically could have easily lost the game which is equal to: "did we deserve this game?"

Conversely, if the Pats lose a close, hard fought, WELL COACHED game.......I feel better about it...because they executed and the coaching kept them RIGHT in it.....Apples and oranges my friend...but I appreciate your opinion

The OP was pointing out the relavent and more correct onservation.

He was correctly pointing out and tacitly criticizing dumb patsfans.com posting and posters.
Look at the dumb threads.

Not patsfans.com finest hour.

if you really think this site is bad maybe you need to go visit the Charges board.

Hello - Roger Goodall - Bill Bellichick here, HC of the NEP. We were just talking on the way back from th e Chargers game and, um, we were kinda embarrassed by the win today, um, we think maybe we should give it back..... wait - you mean that the win actually counts? We didn't need any style points? Well then I guess I'll just go back to trying to win next week too then.

Did you watch Pittsburgh play today?

Do you expect the team not to get criticized? Everybody gets criticized. We can't pretend the team is perfect as long as they win.

No, I just ashamed that our fans cant appreciate a surprise 5-1 team.

I was unaware that being objective made me a chicken little or negative

Anyone who thinks the team played well today is either drunk, or a blind homer. I'm stoked we got the win, but wow was did we look terrible. The receiving corps had club hands, the line couldn't block and the coaching staff got soft and played not to lose

Again, we played a bad game. I'm happy with the season and they way things are going, but we didn't look great

A tale of two halves on two different sides of the ball. In the first half, the defense played great and the offense played like garbage. Couldn't take advantage of the turnovers that were presented to them. In the second half, the defense struggled while the offense woke up. No, we didn't look good. However, this was a trap game against a team with the best offense at home in the NFL and the #1 defense in the league, and we won on the road in a traditionally tough environment for us three time zones away. It was ugly, and I have a nice sized hole in the wall, but I'll take it.

Yes, they WON which is great......but lets look at the whole game and how it went down. They had so many things thrown in their lap.....and they did jack crap with it......the offense was labile for the first half and into third before they put a good consistent drive together. Poor adjustments (until 3rd qtr), horrid playcalling. OL play was hideous......Brady was off and so was the coord with receivers.............BB still unable to call much of a pass rush with the players he has......rarely got a ton of pressure on the QB today.....that is a problem. BB also called primarily a soft, prevent type of D almost the entire game which almost cost us.......so with all that we basically could have easily lost the game which is equal to: "did we deserve this game?"

Conversely, if the Pats lose a close, hard fought, WELL COACHED game.......I feel better about it...because they executed and the coaching kept them RIGHT in it.....Apples and oranges my friend...but I appreciate your opinion

So, in other words, they played a bad game and still won. I still don't see what the downside is. Every team has bad games; did you see the Steelers and Ravens today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back