PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Solder and Connelly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are in a sad state of affairs when we are stating that Solder is "better than anyone we can replace him with". I think that even healthy the guy is one of the worst OL we have had on this team. He is slow, lazy and has poor fundamentals and mechanics. Why BB didn't get rid of the guy during this past offseason and bring in some top OL talent to protect Brady is beyond comprehension. But this has been BB weakness since coming in the league......and certainly his weakness here.

BB's legacy involves......Weak pedestrian OL, NO pass rush and mediocre WR......and people wonder why we can't win another SB .... This will be another "wow we got so close.....if ONLY we had "........fill in the blanks from above.....another year where we will get close but not pull it off I am afraid....

Yes this team sucks! Why should they even bother showing up in 2 weeks?

Geez, I never realised until I came on here that the season was basically finished. There was me thinking that we were AFC no 1 seed and we basically chucked yesterdays game to save players for the play offs.

Thanks for clearing things up guys!

You're right ol is great. Couldn't be better.

You're right ol is great. Couldn't be better.

The only time you show up here is when you think there is something for you to take a sh.t on. You're a troll plain and simple. You had nothing to say when they were winning game after game and leading the league in scoring on their way to the first seed overall, now you want to jump back,in and sh.t on them again. You should really get a life, internet trolling is a sure fire sign of mental illness.

I posted all the time when the team was winning.

And its not trolling if I'm a fan of the team and legitimately concerned. Others are as well. All trolls?

Maybe they'll pull a rabbit out of their hat. Hope so.

If there were no sightings of Solder on crutches, boot, limp mode, etc. I'll take it as a positive sign. One would think that if the injury was significant, we would have heard some tidbits by now. No news, is good news.

I thought that Solder is no good, anyway? Right? That's what I read on the internet....
Holy ****, you can read!

I think that you are overstating things quite a bit.

We gave up 40 sacks last season, and still went to the AFCCG. This year they basically cut that in half, by only allowing 21 total sacks through 16 games. That's pretty damn impressive, and also includes a stretch of about 6-8 weeks (mostly against division leaders) where they kept Brady upright the entire time, aside from a couple of sacks in a month and a half.

Yes, the OL can improve, but jeez....they're coming off of a year that allowed the least number of sacks in over 5 years.
You have to look beyond the numbers too though, when the lines been bad they've been real bad and Brady's been under a lot of pressure. If the line plays like they did vs SD, NYJ, and Buffalo (some injuries, owned them when healthy) in the playoffs then we are going to get beat unless the defense comes up huge. If it's the midseason line, we're going to win a super bowl. Offense and offensive line have had a rough patch at the worst time. Really don't want to see Elvis Dummervil and Terrell Suggs here. Big part is Nate Solder not playing like dog ****. He's so frusterating to watch. It's like he's not even trying sometimes.

Brady needs to pull the Rodgers trick and buy his O-linemen big flat screen TVs…. :rolleyes:

FWIW,
I did not take my eye off Solder after he came up limping. He played about 5 more plays before the half ended and he was very solid on most of them and kept checking his knee between plays. The heaviest limping came as he walked off for the half. I was hoping to see him at least watching the second half from the sideline but I did not spot him.

You have to look beyond the numbers too though, when the lines been bad they've been real bad and Brady's been under a lot of pressure. If the line plays like they did vs SD, NYJ, and Buffalo (some injuries, owned them when healthy) in the playoffs then we are going to get beat unless the defense comes up huge. If it's the midseason line, we're going to win a super bowl. Offense and offensive line have had a rough patch at the worst time. Really don't want to see Elvis Dummervil and Terrell Suggs here. Big part is Nate Solder not playing like dog ****. He's so frusterating to watch. It's like he's not even trying sometimes.

I definitely agree that the OL will probably dictate how far we'll go in the postseason, as usual--but some seem to be taking it to a whole new level when suggesting how horrible our offensive line woes have been.

If anyone had predicted that we'd only see Brady on his ass 21 times this year, we'd all have been pretty happy in my opinion.

Yes, they need to clean some stuff up and get Connelly back healthy. The running game will also need to be effective. I think that will be enormous.

And its not trolling if I'm a fan of the team and legitimately concerned. Others are as well. All trolls?

Speaking for myself, I never once considered you a troll prior to the past couple of weeks, and I've read your posts many times.

I think you may be rubbing people the wrong way by coming off as overly negative, that's all. Either that, or it's possible that I simply didn't notice what others did in terms of you always being this way.

I agree that there are concerns, but I think that we could say that with the majority of teams in the postseason. The fact that the defense has been playing lights out may counter the fact that the offense has been sputtering a bit. That is something we're not used to, and may come in handy.

I definitely agree that the OL will probably dictate how far we'll go in the postseason, as usual--but some seem to be taking it to a whole new level when suggesting how horrible our offensive line woes have been.

If anyone had predicted that we'd only see Brady on his ass 21 times this year, we'd all have been pretty happy in my opinion.

Yes, they need to clean some stuff up and get Connelly back healthy. The running game will also need to be effective. I think that will be enormous.
I think the hand wringing comes from the Jekyll and Hyde persona of this line. Much if this seems to be health, and I'm confident all five starters will be back in two weeks. I'm not overly worried. If Solder is hobbled, I expect a lot of heavy sets (would be a good send if Indy s showed up), with solder reporting as eligible most the time, requiring some extra plays off.

You're either a complete idiot or a troll, nothing else could possibly explain your claim that Belichick has been ruining this team for the last decade.

Maybe you'll pull your head out of your ass. Hope so.

When they were 2-2 you were saying it was because of the horrible job Belichick has been doing for the last decade, then they go 11-1 with a throwaway game at the end, beat great QBs and teams along the way, and take home field for the playoffs and you say you "hope they pull a rabbit out of their hat." WTF more could they have actually achieved during the regular season?

Seriously, you chicken littles have really taken it to the next level, short of actually Winning the Super Bowl before the regular season ends there is nothing they can do to satisfy you.

The Patriots have had another great season when you turds said they could never do so, now you want to position yourselves to say they suck if they don't win it all, what a bunch of douchebags.

If there were no sightings of Solder on crutches, boot, limp mode, etc. I'll take it as a positive sign. One would think that if the injury was significant, we would have heard some tidbits by now. No news, is good news.

Solder, Edelman, Vollmer and Conny present at practice, so that's good.

Lafell is out, though. Hopefully not a high ankle sprain.

You're either a complete idiot or a troll, nothing else could possibly explain your claim that Belichick has been ruining this team for the last decade.

Maybe you'll pull your head out of your ass. Hope so.
I never said Belichick has been ruining this team. Never even said anything remotely like that. Maybe you'll stop making straw man arguments. Hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back