PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Solder and Connelly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lafell is out, though. Hopefully not a high ankle sprain.

Come playoff time, teams will lock down on Gronk and Jules in the middle of the field.

The spotlight will be on LaFell to make plays on the outside.

When they were 2-2 you were saying it was because of the horrible job Belichick has been doing for the last decade, then they go 11-1 with a throwaway game at the end, beat great QBs and teams along the way, and take home field for the playoffs and you say you "hope they pull a rabbit out of their hat." WTF more could they have actually achieved during the regular season?

Seriously, you chicken littles have really taken it to the next level, short of actually Winning the Super Bowl before the regular season ends there is nothing they can do to satisfy you.

The Patriots have had another great season when you turds said they could never do so, now you want to position yourselves to say they suck if they don't win it all, what a bunch of douchebags.

I never said Belichick has been doing horrible for the last decade. Or horrible at all. Or anything even remotely similar to that. I never said they "couldn't do so [have a great season]" or anthing similar to that. Now I take the blame for what some "turds" said (or probably didn't say given your histrionics). Hilarious. Straw man to the nth degree.

Given how the line has played in the last two games, yes, they need to pull off something, maybe even a rabbit out of their hat. Playoff is a new season, haven't you heard?

Look in the mirror before calling people douche bags. Swine.

LaFell is the lone man absent from practice today. Solder participated. Solder is not ideally what you want protecting Brady's blind side, but he's the best option we have. That injury looked bad in real time. His knee buckled. As a team, we may have dodged a bullet because, as much as I think Solder can improve, he's still a better option than having to put Cannon on the field in any way, shape, or form outside of a 6th OL to ram the ball down the other team's throat. Even then, I like Fleming for that job better.

I think we are in a sad state of affairs when we are stating that Solder is "better than anyone we can replace him with". I think that even healthy the guy is one of the worst OL we have had on this team. He is slow, lazy and has poor fundamentals and mechanics. Why BB didn't get rid of the guy during this past offseason and bring in some top OL talent to protect Brady is beyond comprehension. But this has been BB weakness since coming in the league......and certainly his weakness here.

BB's legacy involves......Weak pedestrian OL, NO pass rush and mediocre WR......and people wonder why we can't win another SB .... This will be another "wow we got so close.....if ONLY we had "........fill in the blanks from above.....another year where we will get close but not pull it off I am afraid....
Posts like this make me wish the BB era never happened.. Can't wait till BB/Brady are gone.. Then we will talk about "legacy"..

I know the team was trying to do LaFell a favor by having him out there to accrue his bonuses, but it would be pretty depressing if he got anything more than a minor ankle injury in doing so. He came back in, so its hard to imagine it being a high ankle thing - so hopefully his absence is more precautionary than anything.

Can a team hand out a bonus even if the incentive criteria is not met? Or is that against rules/poor precedence? I like that the team wanted Vince and LaFell to cash in, but if there was any way to do that without them being out there, I would've preferred that.

Solder, Edelman, Vollmer and Conny present at practice, so that's good.

Lafell is out, though. Hopefully not a high ankle sprain.
Didn't he come back out after limping off? I'm thinking/hoping precautionary rest for a vet who has been dinged often of late.

if there was any way to do that without them being out there, I would've preferred that.

The need to redo the deal and make sure that they are in compliance with the cap and other NFL-specific requirements.

For guys like Edelman who didn't play but to our understanding lost out on a bunch of money, I gotta think that the team told him they'd rework his deal so he gets the money in 2015. If not I can see how that could put a bad taste in the player's mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back