PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So which draftee makes the team this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sieglo

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Last years draft yielded one guy who made the team -- Meriweather. The rest of the draft pretty much ended up playing for the Colts, Jets, or Cowboys.

So who makes it this year? Obviously Mayo, but will anyone else pass muster?

Last years draft yielded one guy who made the team -- Meriweather. The rest of the draft pretty much ended up playing for the Colts, Jets, or Cowboys.

So who makes it this year? Obviously Mayo, but will anyone else pass muster?

To be fair, Richardson is still in the mix but obviously they brought it what, 2 FA cornerbacks, 2 new picks and possibly Law so Richardson is probably fighting for a spot......everyone else is gone from last year - literally.

I think everybody but Wilhite & Ruud makes the team. Wilhite and Ruud are PS material.

You heard it here first.

Mayo will not make the team, he will be beat out by Bo Ruud.

Ruud and Matt Slater. Your 2008 New England Patriots Draft Class.
:bricks:

Honestly, I see no reason why Mayo, Wheatley, Crable, and O'Connell shouldn't make the team. If Slater is a good return/special teams man he can easily win a spot at the bottom of the roster and depending on the play of Webster and Sanders, Wilhite could make it as a dime back (I can't imagine that would be too difficult, to outplay those two, that is).

Ruud's a longer shot.

This is tough to guess at this point. The Pats did a great job bringing in some speed/talent at different positions, even though some positions might have more players than the roster will hold. Certainly only time will tell what happens, depending on injuries, players grasp of the playbook, etc. Training camp competition will be red hot this year for those few spots. Can't wait, but it would suck to lose some talented guys as we did last year with Justin Rogers, Kareem Brown, and even Garrett Mills because of roster space limits. Maybe BB will convince one or two to "get injured" and go on IR to stay with the team. Like I said, it should be a fun training camp this year.

I think everybody but Wilhite & Ruud makes the team. Wilhite and Ruud are PS material.
Why is everyone so down on this Kid?
He has Dom Capers & BB to coach him, obviously they both probably saw something in him that they liked, he looked pretty good to me.

This is tough to guess at this point. The Pats did a great job bringing in some speed/talent at different positions, even though some positions might have more players than the roster will hold. Certainly only time will tell what happens, depending on injuries, players grasp of the playbook, etc. Training camp competition will be red hot this year for those few spots. Can't wait, but it would suck to lose some talented guys as we did last year with Justin Rogers, Kareem Brown, and even Garrett Mills because of roster space limits. Maybe BB will convince one or two to "get injured" and go on IR to stay with the team. Like I said, it should be a fun training camp this year.

I agree. Many of these guys may be able to play in the NFL. But the Pats may have to try and sneak some onto the practice squad - where they are likely to get snatched up by other teams.

However, if any of these guys show potential, especially Wilhite, the team may be able to trade some of the recent DB signees for future draft picks.

All LB will make the team in the SB teams we carried 11 LB in weight range of 230 -275 so in nickel and dime we increased speed but did not loss too much weight against RUN.

we have 11 LB on the team from 230 range slaughter ,bo to 245 tedy,mayo , eric , 255 range of woods ,vrabel to AD in 270. They all have a realistic chance of making it as we can field effective packages.Also a 230LB can be put as a Strong safety against SD when they use their Jumbo package TE.
or when we go 4-3 we can truely bring coverage LB in .

Also, with tank we have a 220 Safety who can come in as SS too in bigger receiving TE packages like what rodney did.

CB is the most intresting spot we are going to be watching them fight it out and end up with a good group. I think we need atleast 6 of them and i am sure this were cuts will come.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand