PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So what did it cost the Jets for Favre?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And again what great defense did Pennington beat last year? The odds are against him staying healthy for another full year. The Pats played a joke of a schedule and the Chargers were 8-8 in the AFC West. What good defense did Pennington or Cassell beat last year?

Actually you can't blame cassell for any of the losses....with the exception of maybe Pittsburgh. The problem this year (if you want to call 11-5 a problem) was the *mash* unit on the defensive side of the pigskin.

And I'd say Matt beat a pretty good Miami defense (on the road to boot).

Speaking of costing the Jets, their pro shop is stuck with about a billion Favre jerseys that won't sell now... :D

I bet the Jester fans will still buy them. After all.......he is Lord Favre ;-

Dave Hutchinson who is a reliable source got his numbers directly from the NFLPA. I said this a while back, as long as Favre retired we were fine cap wise b/c we easily just restructure the contract of guys like Rhodes and Pace and cut guys like Barrett, Coleman and several others.

First, the NFLPA numbers aren't correct right now. The adjusted caps are not announced until February 26th. So that $17 million even if right at this moment probably will be off in 2 weeks.

Funny that you used the Jetscap page a evidence to make your argument on how the Jets can easily restructure the cap, but now disregard it because they say the Jets are only a little over $1 million under the cap. Maybe they are wrong about Rhodes' and Pace's bonuses being roster bonuses. Maybe they already have been converted to signing bonuses and hence why the cap is so low.

Until they announce the adjusted cap numbers for each team which by all accounts the Jets will be lowered significantly, you won't know how easily the Jets can restructure. Without know the Jets future cap situation, I can't tell if the Jets can afford to convert all these bonuses without hitting Redskins levels of cap problems.

Lets not even get into what the Cost was to the Patriots.

Farve to Jets, Chad to Miami, Patriots out of the Playoffs.

heh..........the pats managed to do that all on their own........stop making excuses

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference