PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats made Inquiries about Chase Young

Pape

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
ABB... Always be buying...

Interesting... potential replacement for Judon? Given Judons age, injury and off season sabre rattling for money, are his days in New England coming to a close (hope not) but in that light does it make sense to make a move like this? If so what would you give up? Is Young worth a second? Washington may not recoup their first round pick, but a 2nd is better than a compensatory Third round pick they'd get if he walks in free agency...

We have the money to extend him beyond this season, if the front office decides to part with a chunk of cap space...

He is having a decent, if unspectacular season...

lfF7xwZ.jpg

I like the player, but would not give up much for a rental.
can they extend him?
they will be paying Godchaux next season (cap hit almost $12m)
Barmore will be coming due
Wise is at $7m next season
I have to think Young is looking for a lot of money

Once again it's Bills interest to beef up the side of the ball where his two sons coach. The offense is non-competitive and that's his biggest inquiry? So damn ridiculous.

ABB... Always be buying...

Interesting... potential replacement for Judon? Given Judons age, injury and off season sabre rattling for money, are his days in New England coming to a close (hope not) but in that light does it make sense to make a move like this? If so what would you give up? Is Young worth a second? Washington may not recoup their first round pick, but a 2nd is better than a compensatory Third round pick they'd get if he walks in free agency...

We have the money to extend him beyond this season, if the front office decides to part with a chunk of cap space...

He is having a decent, if unspectacular season...

lfF7xwZ.jpg

The interesting thing is that it's a buyer's market. Young went for good value.

If Bill knows he's staying then maybe he can get some good pieces in the next hour.

I like the player, but would not give up much for a rental.
can they extend him?
they will be paying Godchaux next season (cap hit almost $12m)
Barmore will be coming due
Wise is at $7m next season
They' possibly extend Godchaux to lower the cap. They can get out of Wise for 2.2m dead money, but 7 doesn't seem like a lot for him.
Barmore is cheap for one more year. White, of course, is cheap.
I think I'd rather re-up Jennings than Uche - should be way cheaper and he's more to the Pats style.
As for Young, no. I'd love it IF we didn't have so many holes on Offense. Almost all of our cap and top draft picks next year should be there.
I'd like them to re-sign Dugger, maybe re-sign Jackson to nowhere near what he's owed, but they shouldn't be dumping lots of resources into their D at this point. A functional offense would do wonders for an already very good defense.

49ers 3rd rd pick

I don't know why we're complaining.

If we could've signed Young he'd be a great piece to have.

We have plenty of salary cap.

In case you haven't looked, not many teams want to part with their top WRs

Too bad we couldn't do better than San Fran. I would've given up a 4th and 5th for him.

A 3rd is too rich considering we'll probably be picking around 67 or 68

He won't get it unless he finishes the season and gets over 10 sacks. He is the next Clowney.

This wouldn't have been a BB type trade.

49ers 3rd rd pick

I don't know why we're complaining.

If we could've signed Young he'd be a great piece to have.

We have plenty of salary cap.

In case you haven't looked, not many teams want to part with their top WRs

Too bad we couldn't do better than San Fran. I would've given up a 4th and 5th for him.

A 3rd is too rich considering we'll probably be picking around 67 or 68
Young would have no more effect on the 2024 salary cap than any other team's free agents.

Young would have no more effect on the 2024 salary cap than any other team's free agents.
Teams typically sign their best players.

Haven't we found out already that the FA market has the bare minimum for us?

We've actually been bringing in the to guys available at these positions; DE Judon; TE Smith, Gesicki, Henry; WR Algolor, Bourne, Smith-Schuster.

The fact that this isn't good enough isn't for a lack of trying to sign people. It's because the FGA market isn't really how you build a team.

Yeah and I made inquires about getting a Lamborghini. The result of me getting the car is about the same as the Pats getting Young.
Just like they were in on Diggs, in on Ramsey, in on this guy, and that guy.. blah, blah,blah,blah.. the percentage of us getting someone of note is the same as trying to hit on a scratch off..

Teams typically sign their best players.

Haven't we found out already that the FA market has the bare minimum for us?

We've actually been bringing in the to guys available at these positions; DE Judon; TE Smith, Gesicki, Henry; WR Algolor, Bourne, Smith-Schuster.

The fact that this isn't good enough isn't for a lack of trying to sign people. It's because the FGA market isn't really how you build a team.
There are only a few ways to build a team. The draft, free agency and trades. How does Bill do it?

49ers make the trade
You said it.. that's the difference.. chase likely had some some say in the matter and chose a contender.

There are only a few ways to build a team. The draft, free agency and trades. How does Bill do it?
His GM duties continue to get further exposed with the best pick of career he ever made in the 6th round at 199. Even patriots loyalists like Tom Curran have now turned on BB the GM.

Everyone uses the same methods. The Patriots obviously have always done all 3. The draft is most important, then trades. FA is the last resort.

Just like they were in on Diggs, in on Ramsey, in on this guy, and that guy.. blah, blah,blah,blah.. the percentage of us getting someone of note is the same as trying to hit on a scratch off..
That **** works though. Some fans buy it hook, line and sinker.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back