PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So what did it cost the Jets for Favre?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's right. QB is the most important single position on the team, but it's not the only position that counts. Your post is pretty much my point. I thought the Jets were right to get Favre because it was clear that Pennington was out of favor with the coaching staff and Favre was an upgrade, but Pennington is a very accurate quarterback who can give teams fits. That's why I stated that the moves would help both the Jets and Dolphins.

Unfortunately, most fans have completely unrealistic expectations about players, and nowhere is is more obvious than at the QB position.

agree 100%

ok let me express my true feelings then. Chad Pennington post shoulder surgeries NEVER gets the job done versus a good D in a big spot. That goes from the 04 season to today, you will be hardpressed to find one game and dont even bother to look at the post season stats

First Patriots game of 2008 - That was easy.

Last edited:
First Patriots game of 2008 - That was easy.

And, as little as I ever want to think about that game, it really wasn't Pennington doing the damage, either. . . .

Last edited:
Your missing the point, also I said big spot versus a tough D.

So in a big game, against a tough D with receivers born after dinner time in months between october and may, and where there is more crowd noise on the south end of the stadium than the north, Penny stinks?

Just funnin' ya, but your thoughts on Chad are starting to remind me of Brian Fantana's cologne - Sex Panther by Odeon:

"They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works every time."

So in a big game, against a tough D with receivers born after dinner time in months between october and may, and where there is more crowd noise on the south end of the stadium than the north, Penny stinks?

Just funnin' ya, but your thoughts on Chad are starting to remind me of Brian Fantana's cologne - Sex Panther by Odeon:

"They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works every time."

Chad has a glass cieling. When healthy (which he rarely is) he can do just enough to win against average defenses during the regular season. He teases you into thinking he's something great and then he plays a great defense in a big spot and throws 3 picks. The bottom line is that he is one of the most injury prone quaterbacks to ever play the game and that alone is enough to be happy he is gone.

I'm also glad Favre is gone. His TD/INT ratio in December the last 4 seasons is something like 12/30. He obviously can't play 16 games. When you've had Chad Pennington the notion of getting Favre does seem appealing. Once you get passed the excitement and thinking logically, you realize Favre is a team and coach killer. He either plays great and you win or he plays horribly and you lose.

I'm glad that for a third round pick both Favre and Pennington are gone.

And, as little as I ever want to think about that game, it really wasn't Pennington doing the damage, either. . . .

Agreed, but my point is that he managed the game and did not throw it away - not to mention that it was the Tuna's first game back against the Pats, with a new coach and in Foxboro - I'm sorry, but that was a big game.......and I was at the F'n game..........and I live in Atlanta..........and I don't get to many games in a season...........and I'm still pissed.

Your missing the point, also I said big spot versus a tough D.

I really don't think I am - You are.

And the point is, you would have been better off with Chad.

basically all it cost the jets is what little self-respect they had left

Lets not even get into what the Cost was to the Patriots.

Farve to Jets, Chad to Miami, Patriots out of the Playoffs.

Lets not even get into what the Cost was to the Patriots.

Farve to Jets, Chad to Miami, Patriots out of the Playoffs.

I think that discounts that the Patriots played poorly in the 1st Miami game and the 1st half of the 2nd Jets game. Nothing to do with Pennington.

And any credibility as an organization. Bringing in Tubby Wrecks as head coach to replace Tubby Ratfink has ensured that the madcap hilarity will continue into 2009.

Woody Johnson = Larry
Tannenbaum = Curly
Ryan = Moe

I think that discounts that the Patriots played poorly in the 1st Miami game and the 1st half of the 2nd Jets game. Nothing to do with Pennington.

Yea, but without Chad - Do the Dolphins beat the Chargers? Not a chance.

I'm not talking about the games we played each other, but the other games.

Yea, but without Chad - Do the Dolphins beat the Chargers? Not a chance.

I'm not talking about the games we played each other, but the other games.

You guys don't get it. You haven't dealt with Penningtons never ending injuries. We all know if he's healthy he's a solid but limited qb. Beating the Pats or Chargers defense this past year isn't saying much. Neither unit was anything special.

You guys don't get it. You haven't dealt with Penningtons never ending injuries. We all know if he's healthy he's a solid but limited qb. Beating the Pats or Chargers defense this past year isn't saying much. Neither unit was anything special.

The Chargers were one game away from the AFC Championship, the Pats missed the playoffs with an 11-5 record and no Tom Brady.

Pennington played 17 Games last season.

Those are the facts.

The Chargers were one game away from the AFC Championship, the Pats missed the playoffs with an 11-5 record and no Tom Brady.

Pennington played 17 Games last season.

Those are the facts.

And again what great defense did Pennington beat last year? The odds are against him staying healthy for another full year. The Pats played a joke of a schedule and the Chargers were 8-8 in the AFC West. What good defense did Pennington or Cassell beat last year?

He teases you into thinking he's something great and then he plays a great defense in a big spot and throws 3 picks.

Every single quarterback in the nfl plays worse against great defenses. Thats why they're called great.

You seem to be forgetting the 4 interception game Brady has almost every year.

That's because the AFC West acts as if the NFL is handing out herpes with playoff berths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back