PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So much for the home town discount

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't understand how some of you guys can totally discount the fact that Belichick has consistently won and made this team insanely competitive in the salary cap era--more than any other team in the entire NFL.

I can understand it. It is because you, others and I are here conversing with some of the stupidest people to ever post on an internet forum. I have never seen such a display of ignorance in my life. I understand some people here are really young but....

All people do is complain and worry about every little thing this team does, as if BB is going to say "you know what- 2013 we dont need good WRs...yeah screw it"

Funny enough, you will always notice that none of these ****sy whiners on this forum can ever back anything up when questioned. Nor do they understand how great we have had despite the mistakes. Every team makes mistakes. And these mistakes are not why we lose Superbowls.

In hindsight everything can be better but you cant argue with facts.

This forum is just filled with hypocrates that like to whine.

They are pissed about Welker because he is gone because he was a great player with great stats

But when you try to explain to these numb nuts that the stats show that the Pats as a team have been by far the best of the NFL for a long time they dont want to hear it.

They only want their stats to matter to defend their feelings on whatever bug is up their ass that particular day. They never have any facts or solutions its just whining and complaining.

Never maind that Danna Amaendola was much better than WW when he came here. Nope!!!! WW cant be replaced and we are doomed.

Ask them anything why they feel the way they do and you get an 8 year old answer. Nobody is ever satisfied with our FO but interestingly enough nobody can ever name a better FO in the NFL.

People dont like Arrington in the slot but cant say why. "Just dont like him"

Its sheer comedy.

I am also not saying this FO office screws up. Sure they do. And have had some huge flubs. But all FO do. I just dont see the need to take certain mistakes and amplify them into a total organizational ineptness that I see people trying to point out. I have no issue with people calling out mistakes particularly when they are glaring or offer instances when another direction or choice should have been made.

There are some superb posters here with a tremendous amount of knowledge of all aspect of the game and how to manage, draft and spend cap dollars wisely including the details of contracts.

It just unfortunate that the board is polluted with a bunch of clowns who add absolutely nothing to the forum other than garbage.

I can't understand how some of you guys can totally discount the fact that Belichick has consistently won and made this team insanely competitive in the salary cap era--more than any other team in the entire NFL.

Yet you constantly still fail to grasp the idea of needing to make tough cap decisions based on the present AND future of the team itself?

It's like the whole flat cap/cap crunch issue with about 1/2 to 2/3 of all NFL teams lately has gone right over your heads....

It's honestly amazing. What we're seeing is the common opinion of the average and casual Sunday watching fan who really doesn't follow the team that closely.

Defense (Belichick's specialty) overall has been quite mediocre for the past several years.
Passing game has been off the charts .....because of who over the same period of time??
Find it highly amusing when people put the success of this team on Bill Belichick and his roster/cap management.
Take a look at the list of player comings and player goings since the last SB win in 2004. Really??? WHO is not grasping the situation here supafly????
I would argue that Belichick's roster/cap decision making has cost the Patriots at least 1 SB if not more.
Like I said on my earlier post, let's see how the Belichick method of tough cap/roster decisions works out for this team when they have an average Joe at QB.

And I agree. The D is our Achilles heel. I really think it would have been better to put all the chips into D and to let the GOAT work with less weaponry. But I also think that the last two SB were due to just bad bounces and just bad luck.

The talent and system were there. I just cant believe how snake bit this team has been over the last 8 years. Somebody put the hex on this team. I really cant fault management for any of this since their batting average and ultimately final score is better than any other franchise.

But if you have been a Pats fan for only 12 years. I can see why you would be more frustrated.

I can understand it. It is because you, others and I are here conversing with some of the stupidest people to ever post on an internet forum. I have never seen such a display of ignorance in my life. I understand some people here are really young but....

All people do is complain and worry about every little thing this team does, as if BB is going to say "you know what- 2013 we dont need good WRs...yeah screw it"

Funny enough, you will always notice that none of these ****sy whiners on this forum can ever back anything up when questioned. Nor do they understand how great we have had despite the mistakes. Every team makes mistakes. And these mistakes are not why we lose Superbowls.

They are pissed about Welker because he is gone because he was a great player with great stats

But when you try to explain to these numb nuts that the stats show that the Pats as a team have been by far the best of the NFL for a long time they dont want to hear it.

They only want their stats to matter to defend their feelings on whatever bug is up their ass that particular day. They never have any facts or solutions its just whining and complaining.

Never maind that Danna Amaendola was much better than WW when he came here. Nope!!!! WW cant be replaced and we are doomed.

Ask them anything why they feel the way they do and you get an 8 year old answer. Nobody is ever satisfied with our FO but interestingly enough nobody can ever name a better FO in the NFL.

Its sheer comedy.

I am also not saying this FO office screws up. Sure they do. And have had some huge flubs. But all FO do. I just dont see the need to take certain mistakes and amplify them into a total organizational ineptness that I see people trying to point out. I have no issue with people calling out mistakes particularly when they are glaring or offer instances when another direction or choice should have been made.

There are some superb posters here with a tremendous amount of knowledge of all aspect of the game and how to manage, draft and spend cap dollars wisely including the details of contracts.

It just unfortunate that the board is polluted with a bunch of clowns who add absolutely nothing to the forum other than garbage.

I think to some degree it comes down to Wes Welker being a 5'9 under 200lb man, similar to the majority of the men in this forum with almost a Rudy type feel to him. People watch that and think I could of done that or my son could be like Welker, they can't do that with a 6'4 freak athlete like Randy Moss so the emotional involvement is a lot different. People love Brady but people align with Welker.

welker walked away from a potential 2year/16mil contract because he thought it would be "too hard"

I think to some degree it comes down to Wes Welker being a 5'9 under 200lb man, similar to the majority of the men in this forum with almost a Rudy type feel to him. People watch that and think I could of done that or my son could be like Welker, they can't do that with a 6'4 freak athlete like Randy Moss so the emotional involvement is a lot different. People love Brady but people align with Welker.

I will agree with that. Definately a factor and again I am sad to see him go.

If I had to make a Boston Sports comparison I think about it and feel that WW was the Cam Neely of the Patriots. Never won a Championship (like cam), Made it to two Finals (like cam) Sacrificed his body every game (like cam), Put up incredible HOF numbers (like cam) Was humble and someone people could relate too and had incredible talent like Cam.

There are a lot of similarities between the two. I do think Cam is a HOF while WW might not make it unless he has 4 more years of insane numbers.

Cam did more for the city outside of sports and is obviously still here.

WW could be considered the best Slot Receiver off all time. Cam is IMO the best 2-way right winger to ever play. They are similar.

If I had to make a Boston Sports comparison I think about it and feel that WW was the Cam Neely of the Patriots. Never won a Championship (like cam), Made it to two Finals (like cam) Sacrificed his body every game (like cam), Put up incredible HOF numbers (like cam) Was humble and someone people could relate too and had incredible talent like Cam.

There are a lot of similarities between the two. I do think Cam is a HOF while WW might not make it unless he has 4 more years of insane numbers.

WW could be considered the best Slot Receiver off all time. Cam is IMO the best 2-way right winger to ever play. They are similar.

I think it's hard to determine Welker's legacy right now I think in a few years when we see what he does elsewhere and what we are able to do without him I can say this guy was special or this guy was just a systems WR that played with a all time great QB.

IMO right now his legacy will fall somewhere between the two if I had to speculate.

It comes down to the fact that 5' 9" under 200 lb Wes Welker IS the best slot receiver in football, has produced in a huge way for the Patriot offense, comes to play every game, has shown no signs of slowing down ....... and is shown the door over what amounts to a 1 million dollar annual salary differential.
It is amazing how so many FOB (fans of Bill) so easily dismiss the contributions of Wes Welker for this team.

Yep! Could be among the all time greats or end up being a function of a great system and QB mix.

But for me to lump him in with Cam shows how much I think he did here as far as effort and performance. Also remember Cam was nothing before he came to the B's and got plugged into a system.

Plus they both played around the same amount of seasons with their teams...cams a bit more stretched out due to injury.

It comes down to the fact that 5' 9" under 200 lb Wes Welker IS the best slot receiver in football, has produced in a huge way for the Patriot offense, comes to play every game, has shown no signs of slowing down ....... and is shown the door over what amounts to a 1 million dollar annual salary differential.
It is amazing how so many FOB (fans of Bill) so easily dismiss the contributions of Wes Welker for this team.

People can be FOB and acknowledge Wes as a great here. You just seem to keep repeating yourself.

It diddnt work out for Wes. Everyone screwed this up. Wes, the FO, the agent. Its done, over...

Move on...Dont looks back. We are not going in that direction.

And just because he (today) is the best slot rec in football dosent mean he will be come Sept, Oct or Nov. Lets see what DA can do with the GOAT in this system.

Right now the Raven are the best team in the NFL. It means $hitt

Ridiculous comparison.

Wes and his agent kvetched about his salary the past 4 years using the media (or attempting to use it). Wes was bent out of shape about his number of snaps early last year. Do either of these things sound like a team first player?

Wes is also known for being disruptive in meetings, and in the locker room - much like Vrabel was. Hell, he even violated BB's rules and performed his little "foot" statement against the Jets a few years back.

Welker is far from Cam.

Go look at the history of WR's of his size range in the NFL from age 32 and up. it isn't good, in fact it's bad. BB doesn't pay for past performance. BB called the market, and Welker's agent built up Welkers expectations. Denver can easily cut Welker after just one year. Welker lost out, BB is just making judgements based on what he sees and knows.

No offense, Bruins29, but 98% of the country doesn't know what a Cam Neely is - - they think it might be a drink.

About 1/2 of the country knows who Wes Weker is. If they are similar,they are similar on vastly different levels.

Plus, if you really want to compare a Bruin to Wes, it wouldn't be a big, rangy guy like Neely - it would be a little, quick guy like Rick Middleton.

Last edited:

So there must have been many teams out there ready to give him better contracts, right????

Think about that for a second. Really. Take a moment and ponder that.

You're just another of the 3-4 who are embarrassing themselves here the past 2 days.

Its sheer comedy.

Usually I don't start off an argument by attacking the poster, but here this is a case where I have to.

This is the most arrogant, prickish homer post I have ever read.

The greatest irony is that you state that none of the people that do not bow down to the God that is Belichick never back anything up with facts. Actually most of us do and then the response from the kool aid brigade is that we are morons or that our posts are crap while ignoring all points made.

I'm not sure what a hypocrate is maybe you should refer to your dictionary. My google search of the word brought up some type of rapper.

The Pats of 2004 on have been the NFL's best regular season team. What would you have said to a Colts fan that stated the same to you about the early 2000 Colts until they finally dragged Manning along for a championship? Probably laughed in there face and called the Colts a finesse team that put up Madden stats when it didn't matter.

Oh my god really Danny Amendola was better? First of all his yards per catch is about 1-2 yards lower than Wes' was before he got here. And oh by the way Amendola played with a better quarterback a number 1 overall pick former Heisman winner. Welker played with garbage that couldn't even hold Bradfords jock. This is all stuff to think about before the fact that he's made out of glass and gets hurt every year.

People don't mind Arrington in the slot. They don't like paying a slot corner 1 million less than the going rate of an outside corner in this years market. You know the position that is usually getting roasted all game long?

What would you have the people on this forum do? Hold hands and praise everything done by the front office? There's nothing to discuss if there is never a disagreement about what the team is doing. The forum would not exist if everyone agreed, so many get your head out of your ass and realize people can have different opinions then yourself.

It's funny how you state there are clowns on this forum that add nothing, because that's exactly what your post did.

Also in before someone calls me a JEST fan

No that's not true.. It came down to $4 million more guaranteed a year for a base and also came down to age and the long term outlook of the offense. You're being short sighted thinking this was about money.

No offense, Bruins29, but 98% of the country doesn't know what a Cam Neely is - - they think it might be a drink.

About 1/2 of the country knows who Wes Weker is. If they are similar,they are similar on vastly different levels.

Plus, if you really want to compare a Bruin to Wes, it wouldn't be a big, rangy guy like Neely - it would be a little, quick guy like Rick Middleton.

Oh come on. I am talking performance and what they came from what they ended up becoming. Its a good comparison. A quick little Guy? Who gives a **** about size? Where did I compare and body types.

I am taking about what they gave statistically to their teams when they played.

What the country thinks about Cam now is irrelevant. I am talking about what cam was playing here vs Wes here during their runs.

Yeah ya think Wes is more popular than Cam now? Cam retired years ago. Had nothing to do with the comparison.

And BTW Cam is a God to hockey fans all over North America and I have had had many discussions with not only hockey fans but former guys who played against him. Cam is held in very high regard and considered the best 2-way RW off all time.

Popularity of Cam now VS WW now has nothing to do with it.

And for the whole post about Cams "team first" attitude. Its a good point. Cam was a team first player more than Wes OFF the field. I do think WW mouth got him a ticket out of town. But on the field/in the rink they give their hearts and bodies and put up similar productions for a similar amount of time coming from out of nowhere.

Its a good comparison.

Middleton was great too but I was looking at the whole pic and story. Nothing to do with size or weight.

1) Who is dismissing his contributions
2) Are you seriously saying he should be paid for his past rather than his future?
3) He has shown signs of slowing down, evidenced by the increase in drops
4) It would be silly to ignore the wear and tear

Every player has to go at some point. Your argument seems to be that the right way to run an organization is to let the good ones stay until they have tobe dragged off the field. That doesnt produce winners.

Funny... Dartmouth seems like a very nice town, and I usually enjoy big boobs... but not ones who start mindless Felger regurgitation like this.

Usually I don't start off an argument by attacking the poster, but here this is a case where I have to.

This is the most arrogant, prickish homer post I have ever read.

The greatest irony is that you state that none of the people that do not bow down to the God that is Belichick never back anything up with facts. Actually most of us do and then the response from the kool aid brigade is that we are morons or that our posts are crap while ignoring all points made.

Who said BB is above criticism? I am a homer? I think the team ***** up a lot. YOU think WE think (these people you are talking about) that the team is perfect and that BB is infallible?

I dont know one person on here who does other than some people who probably shouldn't be here in the first place.

Not one poster here would run to the defense of the FO if you mention

Johnson
Jaconson
BJGE
Hainesworth
B Johnson
Mitchell
Butler
etc etc etc

Ok busts, failures, wastes, mistakes, etc etc etc

There is nothing wrong with criticizing the FO for mistakes. But that is not what many do here. Its droning, harping, whining and complaining about it over and over again when in the grand scheme of things the Franchise is the best run one in the history of the NFL and probably pro sports.

The point is that all of these mistakes are made by all franchises. All GM screw up. They all miss on pics, and misjudge talent. There is just no perspective here about all of this.

History shows how well this FO has been...mistakes and all.

Nothing wrong with this.

FO should have taken player X instead of Player Y. Player Y ended up being a better player etc....

One problem is that it is easy to do AFTER the fact. The FO docent have a crystal ball.

With the knowledge of the posters here this could be the best forum in the NFL. Why do people have to drone on about the same old things. Just point out specific instances and discuss things and I guarantee people will be a lot more receptive to the criticism of the FO.

BB a GOD? He is a ******* NFL GM and head coach. Perhaps the GOAT? Maybe.

All I care about is wins and SBs. That is it. BB diddnt drop and passes or fail to make plays. He manages the cap, evaluates players, coaches, and runs a system that seems to work, while pissing off the media.

1) Who is dismissing his contributions
2) Are you seriously saying he should be paid for his past rather than his future?
3) He has shown signs of slowing down, evidenced by the increase in drops
4) It would be silly to ignore the wear and tear

Every player has to go at some point. Your argument seems to be that the right way to run an organization is to let the good ones stay until they have tobe dragged off the field. That doesnt produce winners.

I cant wait until BB retires and Tom is Gone and the Pats are a normal team again. Gonna be some serious crying here when that day comes.

Considering this teams Mantra has always been better to get rid of them earlier than later you would think some of these people would have seen this coming. Especially when it was a player than publicly punked a coach that dosent tolerate punking.

WW is gone. Move on. It stinks but the FO track record is sound and good enough to improve the team without him. (hopefully)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back