PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So much for the home town discount

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears that he has no clue about anything.

Except that I am usually right which really irks some of the Pollyanna's here. Last year I was killed for criticizing the Tavon Wilson pick. Then I got heckled for saying that Lloyd sucked. Before that I was practically banned and my thread was killed by the puritanical moderator when I had the nerve to suggest that Haynesworth would not last half the season.

Sooooo sorry for criticizing this team..I did not realize that was not allowed.

Except that I am usually right which really irks some of the Pollyanna's here. Last year I was killed for criticizing the Tavon Wilson pick. Then I got heckled for saying that Lloyd sucked. Before that I was practically banned and my thread was killed by the puritanical moderator when I had the nerve to suggest that Haynesworth would not last half the season.

There was nothing wrong with the Wilson pick then and there's nothing wrong with it now.

There was nothing wrong with the Wilson pick then and there's nothing wrong with it now.

It was a big reach, he didn't have a 2nd round grade by most. It doesn't make you less of a fan by stating the obvious.

It was a big reach, he didn't have a 2nd round grade by most. It doesn't make you less of a fan by stating the obvious.
Since when should anyone give a flying rat's arse about media personalities telling us that someone is a reach? Wilson filled a need in a position of need. He was one of the better performed rookie Safeties in 2012. Sure, there is much room for improvement. That's generally the case with most rookies. That's not being a homer, that's being realistic.

Since when should anyone give a flying rat's arse about media personalities telling us that someone is a reach? Wilson filled a need in a position of need. He was one of the better performed rookie Safeties in 2012. Sure, there is much room for improvement. That's generally the case with most rookies. That's not being a homer, that's being realistic.

Guys here are so desperate to find errors the management made so they can huff and puff their chests to say "I told you so."

People dont get that its the context and tone of how you say or predict something. But nahhhhh why be an adult or ever just give a prediction without a child-like outburst.

Instead of saying something like "You know Wilison seemed like a real reach but I would have rather had..."

We get "Wilson is a joke! The FO Sucks! What are they doing!BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH...

It is amazing. All of these football experts here. And if you aren't an expert how about just questioning the FO in a classy way?

And FARTFROMMUSHMOUTH if you feel the need to come here and tell everyone how "right you were" when something happened you may have predicted then you must not have much of a life at all. Even less than I thought before. YEAH FOR FRED HE GOT ONE RIGHT!!!!!!! I bet that is the pinnacle of your life accomplishments.

Are you from Dartmouth BTW? Still waiting for an answer.

And you weren't chastised for suggesting anything. You were chastised because you are a cranky old codger with nothing good to say about anything. And certainly nothing intelligent or positive. Wow!!! so you predicted AH wouldn't last. What a bold prediction.

Nobody here likes you.

Well, it would probably be taken better if you actually did more than just criticize. . . .

Who gives a crap? Eddie Munster (aka Kiper) has never been paid a dime by any team for his draft "expertise". He thought Vollmer was a late round or UDFA when he was picked and killed BB for it - for instance. Plenty of fine players do not invited to the combine every year.

He played at a B level for a rookie last year. I'm fairly sure he'll still be here after Gregory is gone.

Never again can the Patriots to expect a player to take a home town discount after what happened to Brady and Welker. If the team is going to nickle and dime them then I expect players to do the same to the team. No longer will players put up with that bullbleep; they will pull a Welker. I don't blame Welker one bit; enough is enough.

As I reread your comment and a lot of the responses, my own view is that the problem is to some extent with what you said, but also even more with your tone. Some seem to be bringing other things you have written in other threads into the discussion, but I'll just deal with what you write here.

Your first sentence, "Never again..." runs contrary to the facts on the ground. The Krafts have been making these kind of decisions since 2003 when they jettisoned Lawyer Milloy; since then Vinatieri, Seymour, Samuel and others have re-enforced this pattern. Brady knew this when he took his home town discount a few years ago and he knew it this year. He still took it, and so may others in the future.

Your second sentence "If the team is going to nickle and dime..." is actually true, but would better have been put "If the team is going to act in what it perceives as its own best interest, even for a difference of less than two percent of their cap in a given year, it can only expect that the players will do the same." That's the same statement, just put in a less incendiary way.

Your third sentence, "No longer will players..." is your opinion and one that I might even share. However, I would put it "The Patriots have to know that they can't expect their players to do anything but act in their own self interest." Indeed, the Patriots act in their own self interest because players can be relied on to act in THEIR own self interest. Brady's case is extraordinary, both because the Patriots have enabled him to thrive over the years and because he is in the unique situation for an NFL player (let alone a Superstar) of not being the major earner in his household.

Your fourth sentence. I agree 100% with "I don't blame Welker one bit." I just don't think the tag line "...enough is enough" is warranted by the facts.

Who gives a crap? ....

It makes a huge difference in last's years draft and this year. The Patriots could have used it to take Casey Hayward last year; the Baltimore game might have been different if the Patriots had a good backup for Talib... The could have picked up Wilson in a late round or as a free agent.

It screws things up this year because the Patriots find themselves in need of a CB or two but the draft is rich in safeties.

It makes a huge difference in last's years draft and this year. The Patriots could have used it to take Casey Hayward last year; the Baltimore game might have been different if the Patriots had a good backup for Talib... The could have picked up Wilson in a late round or as a free agent.

It screws things up this year because the Patriots find themselves in need of a CB or two but the draft is rich in safeties.

yeah...uh ..the Baltimore game might have been different if Mr. "As The Welker Turns" kept his friggin hands on a couple of HUGE throws at key points in the Ravens game.

images

460x.jpg

yeah...uh ..the Baltimore game might have been different if Mr. "As The Welker Turns" kept his friggin hands on a couple of HUGE throws at key points in the Ravens game.

images

460x.jpg

Oh no; don't blame Welker. The Patriots would never have gotten to the playoff without him and that is not why they lost to the Ravens. They lost because the Patriots had no deep threat to take the top off the defense. and because Talib went down.

After Moss....Welker was the best receiver that the Patriots ever had.

Oh no; don't blame Welker. The Patriots would never have gotten to the playoff without him and that is not why they lost to the Ravens. They lost because the Patriots had no deep threat to take the top off the defense. and because Talib went down.

After Moss....Welker was the best receiver that the Patriots ever had.

I know, right!

The patriots have never made the playoffs without welker.

Rubbish. Welker is no match for Stanley Morgan or Irving Fryer

Irving Fryer had a great career after NE, he wasn't a superstar here. Welker had the best 6 year stretch of anybody

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes