PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Slow week here on Patsfans...Anyone else going to the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pats are just in a funky place. People are not excited about this season with all the departures and injuries, the Sox are soaking up all the attention with their amazing season, and the Steelers suck.

I just got in after getting tickets last minute and finally had the opportunity to take my son, we had a great time.

Believe it or not that was my first ever regular season game at Gillette - been to a couple if preseason games and that's it - and it was definitely a lot of fun. It was certainly chilly and it got pretty cold once the sun went down. We both pounded some serious hot chocolate and had dinner after the game at CBS Scene, which saw an abundance of drunk fans there. Was disappointed - I had higher expectations of that place in terms of the environment, etc. But the food was ok and it was nice being able to catch some of the Texans/Colts game before making the 1:45 trek home.

Great game, I'll have some observations in tomorrow's huddle piece. Obviously Gregory's loss is big, although it was great to see Harmon step in and play well. This may go down in history as one of the worst seasons for injuries...unreal.

But hope everyone else had a good time. BTW, been working hard behind the scenes and have got something cool coming here after the bye for game days - so stay tuned :)

Gregory was very active until he got hurt...looks like a wrist...got a cast on it. I'm more concerned about Nink...

Gregory was very active until he got hurt...looks like a wrist...got a cast on it. I'm more concerned about Nink...

rap says injury gregory can play through...so we will see

crowd was into it tonight including myself in sec 114

sec 114?...oh great...way to stick it to us EZ suckers...were you with a couple of centerfolds too? I had this one gap toothed black and gold bowling ball with a beard making grunting and farting noises alll friggin game sitting two seats away...

sec 114?...oh great...way to stick it to us EZ suckers...were you with a couple of centerfolds too? I had this one gap toothed black and gold bowling ball with a beard making grunting and farting noises alll friggin game sitting two seats away...

I think a livestock truck tipped over near the stadium. Either that, or the Steelers fans brought some of their women with them.

Saw a ton of couples where he was a Pats fan and she was a Steelers fan...and wondered how in the world did they decide this was a good idea? :cool:

you went,Tunes?...different fan bases have different character but these people are a combo Philly/Raven type with all the worst aspects of each fan base worked into one.....the longer I live the more I appreciate living here in the northeast

Saw a ton of couples where he was a Pats fan and she was a Steelers fan...and wondered how in the world did they decide this was a good idea? :cool:

Simple, all of those women own guns.

you went,Tunes?...different fan bases have different character but these people are a combo Philly/Raven type with all the worst aspects of each fan base worked into one.....the longer I live the more I appreciate living here in the northeast

They started quietly filing out after the Patriots went over 40 and oddly enough all the trash talking that started after the Steelers came roaring back to tie it magically went away :)

Last edited:

Of course I went. You should've let me know you were going.

A couple Pittsburgh fans sat in front of me. When one of them started to twirl that stupid towel after a Steelers touchdown I grabbed his arm and told him, "No, none of that here." I hate it when they do that crap as visiting fans.

I forgot my cell....quick call from a local this morning asking me if I wanted to go...I was gonna try to walk over but I never really left my seat the entire game.

Of course I went. You should've let me know you were going.

A couple Pittsburgh fans sat in front of me. When one of them started to twirl that stupid towel after a Steelers touchdown I grabbed his arm and told him, "No, none of that here." I hate it when they do that crap as visiting fans.

Wow, that's impressive. How did he react when you did that?

Wow, that's impressive. How did he react when you did that?

He just looked at me.

I think Steelers fans need to know how obnoxious a gesture their towel-waving is when they're visiting another stadium. It's rude. I'd never do something like that as a visiting fan out of simple respect.

He just looked at me.

I think Steelers fans need to know how obnoxious a gesture that is when they're visiting another stadium. It's rude. I'd never do something like that as a visiting fan out of simple respect.

I agree, especially since there's no way to do it without it being swung past the face of people sitting nearby. Saw a couple people bicker about 10 rows in front when one was waiving it and it appeared the other person (a Pats fan) asked him not to. They were one of the fans who left after NE broke 40.

On another note, I can't get over how the security is holding things up getting in. We were there hours before kickoff, so we had no issue. But there was a massive crowd with 4 minutes left in the first quarter who still were outside waiting to get in. The place wasn't really full until about 5 mins into the 2nd...it was crazy. Although I attribute it to people who don't know the bag rule and probably stand and argue, but I'm surprised it's still that bad this far into the season.

Last edited:
On another note, I can't get over how the security is holding things up getting in. We were there hours before kickoff, so we had no issue. But there was a massive crowd with 4 minutes left in the first quarter who still were outside waiting to get in. The place wasn't really full until about 5 mins into the 2nd...it was crazy.

Entering the stadium is much worse (slower) this year because of the new bag policy and metal-wand frisk. If you want to avoid the jam at the gates you need to get inside 45 minutes before kickoff. It appears a lot of people tailgated 'til the last moment and got caught in the jam.

Also under utilized seems to be the alternate entrances, as we parked in P11 and the paths lead us to the entrance down by the practice fields. Hardly anyone there and we walked right in. Although we were there right at 2:30 - my son was anxious to check out the seats :D

Entering the stadium is much worse (slower) this year because of the new bag policy and metal-wand frisk. If you want to avoid the jam at the gates you need to get inside 45 minutes before kickoff. It appears a lot of people tailgated 'til the last moment and got caught in the jam.

Agreed. I missed the kickoff for the Miami game because we waited too long (approached the gate about 20 mins. before kickoff) and made a wrong decision to use the gate near the Pro Shop/Hall, which always seems slower than the one through Patriots Place. I haven't seen anyone arguing the new rule, they just take way too long. It's a bit of a joke anyway as I can fit more in my coat pockets (particularly big winter coats) than in a small purse or zip lock bag. The wand buzzed on me yesterday because my coat has a bunch of zippers, but the guy didn't ask me to remove it or show him what was in my pockets (don't worry - nothing but money, id and credit card). Great, effective security, huh?

We went in early and wandered around the Pro Shop for a bit which was good because 1) I got this year's hat and was pleased to see Tom Brady and the Red Sox wearing the same one I picked later on; 2) it was warm in there and 3) they have tvs with the early games on so we could watch for a bit.

The crowd was good yesterday and many stayed until the end, even though it was freezing by then. I too saw lots of combo-couples where one was a Pats fan and one was a Steelers fan. Their towels are annoying. I was wishing that the Patriots gave out towels yesterday to combat what looked like lots of Steeler towels, but it's really just their color that makes them stand out.

Got a little worried there when they tied it at 24, but was glad to see my wish come true - separation by receivers! Great throws and catches! Now the D is a mess, but really, how many injuries can we take?! Hopefully Talib comes back soon and is close to his start-of-the-year self.

Good way to go into the bye! Go Pats!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference