PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Slow week here on Patsfans...Anyone else going to the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. I missed the kickoff for the Miami game because we waited too long (approached the gate about 20 mins. before kickoff) and made a wrong decision to use the gate near the Pro Shop/Hall, which always seems slower than the one through Patriots Place. I haven't seen anyone arguing the new rule, they just take way too long. It's a bit of a joke anyway as I can fit more in my coat pockets (particularly big winter coats) than in a small purse or zip lock bag. The wand buzzed on me yesterday because my coat has a bunch of zippers, but the guy didn't ask me to remove it or show him what was in my pockets (don't worry - nothing but money, id and credit card). Great, effective security, huh?

We went in early and wandered around the Pro Shop for a bit which was good because 1) I got this year's hat and was pleased to see Tom Brady and the Red Sox wearing the same one I picked later on; 2) it was warm in there and 3) they have tvs with the early games on so we could watch for a bit.

The crowd was good yesterday and many stayed until the end, even though it was freezing by then. I too saw lots of combo-couples where one was a Pats fan and one was a Steelers fan. Their towels are annoying. I was wishing that the Patriots gave out towels yesterday to combat what looked like lots of Steeler towels, but it's really just their color that makes them stand out.

Got a little worried there when they tied it at 24, but was glad to see my wish come true - separation by receivers! Great throws and catches! Now the D is a mess, but really, how many injuries can we take?! Hopefully Talib comes back soon and is close to his start-of-the-year self.

Good way to go into the bye! Go Pats!!

I'm glad you had a good game to go to Deb!

I'm glad you had a good game to go to Deb!

Me too! Game was much more lively than the vibe beforehand. I guess that a shoot-out in the home team's favor will do that for ya!!

oh and BTW...I sat in the ticket/security line for 40 min...got to my seats 5 min before game....all because now they have to wand everyone for a good 15 seconds...but it's worse then the traffic getting there and worse then airport security now...:bricks:

Note to those going to future games....get to the stadium early so you don't have to wait 45 min in line just to get in

They started quietly filing out after the Patriots went over 40 and oddly enough all the trash talking that started after the Steelers came roaring back to tie it magically went away :)

As if by magic or perhaps via quantum entanglement the very same thing happened with previously vocal Squealers fans over in section 136

As if by magic or perhaps via quantum entanglement the very same thing happened with previously vocal Squealers fans over in section 136

I was sitting in 121 last row right under the big screen. Fans were outrageously obnoxious when they tied and a fight broke out in the mens bathroom around the same time. In the 4th quarter no Steeler fans were to be found, finally some peace and quiet.

Not attempting potty humor but in all the times I've been to Gillette since it opened the line to the mens room outside section 136 (my 1st time over on that side) was huge. I'm not talking about the obvious like at halftime but all game with late 3rd QTR being my last "sample". Over by section 110, at a time out I can race up the steps all the way from row 1 hit the head and make it back to the top of the stairs to see the 1st play or 2nd. This line took over 10 minutes to reach the urinal. Is this typical? NOT wicked pissah.

Not attempting potty humor but in all the times I've been to Gillette since it opened the line to the mens room outside section 136 (my 1st time over on that side) was huge. I'm not talking about the obvious like at halftime but all game with late 3rd QTR being my last "sample". Over by section 110, at a time out I can race up the steps all the way from row 1 hit the head and make it back to the top of the stairs to see the 1st play or 2nd. This line took over 10 minutes to reach the urinal. Is this typical? NOT wicked pissah.

It seems to me the lines are worse for late games because people have been boozing it up all day. I'm in 227, and at the bottom of the steps out of my section the line to the men's room is straight ahead. I've found that if I head there right after the first half ends I can get in and out in about six minutes, which isn't bad. The line is long but moves fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST