PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Silver's Cheap Shot

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last TD against Miami did remind me a little of last season's FU TD parade... and I loved it!

You take a knee when you can run out the clock. Otherwise, you run the ball. No trick plays, you just run ahead. It's been that way as long as I've been alive. The defense has to take some responsibility for the stop, especially when they know what's coming.

No team in the league would have taken a knee in that situation. Maybe Miami should have stopped the Pats from running it down to the goddamn goal line in the first place.

You take a knee when you can run out the clock. Otherwise, you run the ball. No trick plays, you just run ahead. It's been that way as long as I've been alive. The defense has to take some responsibility for the stop, especially when they know what's coming.

No team in the league would have taken a knee in that situation. Maybe Miami should have stopped the Pats from running it down to the goddamn goal line in the first place.

It's nearly impossible to stop Joey Porter from running his mouth though. :cool:

Silver picked the 2-10 Seahawks to beat the Pats this week. :rolleyes:

Silver picked the 2-10 Seahawks to beat the Pats this week. :rolleyes:

It COULD very well happen. This is a "trap game" in which a team that is jockeying for playoff position goes up against a team with nothing to play for. I wouldn't be suprised (I can actually say this for every game the entire season) if we saw a few injuries this week. It all depends on how Cassel adapts to Qwest Field and it's conditions. That said, there should be NO WAY that we lose this game.

It COULD very well happen. This is a "trap game" in which a team that is jockeying for playoff position goes up against a team with nothing to play for. I wouldn't be suprised (I can actually say this for every game the entire season) if we saw a few injuries this week. It all depends on how Cassel adapts to Qwest Field and it's conditions. That said, there should be NO WAY that we lose this game.

Oh, no doubt. Any Given Sunday has been beaten into my head, especially after what happened in That Unspeakable Game in February.

But this isn't a trap game. A trap game is when your team is rolling and you look ahead at the opponent for the following week, resulting in a disappointing loss in the current week. The Patriots need to win out just to have a realistic shot at the playoffs. There are no trap games, every game is crucial from here on out, and this team knows it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back