PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Silver's Cheap Shot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silver's a douche, and he proves it every week. I don't know why I continue to read yahoo "experts;" I just end up yelling and cursing.

Silver's a douche, and he proves it every week. I don't know why I continue to read yahoo "experts;" I just end up yelling and cursing.

He is a douche with an obvious agenda. Here's another backhanded gem.

3. Pittsburgh Steelers: Can **** LeBeau and his zone-blitzing defenders find a way to burst the Matt Cassel Bubble?

apparently he is quite close to brady and his family so maybe he has an agenda here.

apparently he is quite close to brady and his family so maybe he has an agenda here.

I'm not in tune with there relationship but he seems to throw alot of digs our way. He mentions the PIT game last year but he uses it to focus on the Loser-Bowl between Bal-Mia. It pretty much dismisses the PIT game.

Then let's talk about the Brett Favre Hahd-On. Here's some man-love:

5. New York Jets: Isn’t it cool how, even at 39, Brett Favre still acts like the world’s happiest man after throwing a touchdown pass?

This article has more "Go-Away Patriots, I hate you!" than anything I've seen in a couple of days.

I'm not in tune with there relationship but he seems to throw alot of digs our way. He mentions the PIT game last year but he uses it to focus on the Loser-Bowl between Bal-Mia. It pretty much dismisses the PIT game.

5. New York Jets: Isn’t it cool how, even at 39, Brett Favre still acts like the world’s happiest man after throwing a touchdown pass?

This article has more "Go-Away Patriots, I hate you!" than anything I've seen in a couple of days.

maybe should email him...he might respond.

Anyone who considers this running up the score is an absolute moron.

Agreed that the Favre thing was almost worse than the Pats' line. How can any columnist write that drivel about Favre any more and not be aware of how tired it is? "He's having so much fun out there! He'd play for free! What a wacky wonderful free spirit!" BLECHH.

He was close to them early in Brady's career because of his gig at SI and background in SF I believe. He killed that goose a while ago and as a result I don't think he gets any access anymore - which I think now fuels his agenda.

Last edited:

This tickled me pink. And by tickled me pink, I mean made my put my hands in my face in disgust.

Not fair of course, but who cares? The line was pretty funny and no one could take Silver seriously:

SI.com - Writers - Michael Silver: New England gets the player, but loses its soul - Wednesday May 2, 2007 2:41PM

"The Pats have the league's best owners, head coach, quarterback and, on paper, the most formidable roster heading into the 2007 season.
What the Patriots no longer have, as of this past weekend, is the moral high ground.

That's what happens when you trade for the league's most gutless quitter ..."

Last edited:
That explains a lot. Silver has always wrote as if he thought of himself as another sports Voice of His Generation: humorless, self-important, anti-management, pro-jock, pro-agent/union, anti-fan. He's Dan LeBastard's brother from another mother. And now that he's been denied easier access, he actually has to work for his stories; and he despises our HC for throwing him off the gravy train while at the same time he was trashing its Conductor. Those who do actually work for their stories, I think BB respects; for those who don't, he has no use - just as he would, and should, for his players. Today's lazy, access-demanding, agenda-driven, personal-attacking, unfair & unbalanced "journalists" should be ashamed to call themselves that word. Shame, however, is something that is in short-to-zero supply in their glass houses.

It was a joke and I think it was pretty funny!

I think its good to lighten up and not take everything so seriously

I'm sure he is. I can just see him looking through their window breathing so hard that he's creating a fog as he watches Brady step out of the shower.

people also forget the days when Marino and the Dolphins would pass the ball until the clock ran out back in the day. I am getting pretty sick and tired of the national media continuosly out to get us.

Ha! Good find! Silver really has no right to say anything about NE after that article.

Not fair of course, but who cares? The line was pretty funny and no one could take Silver seriously:

SI.com - Writers - Michael Silver: New England gets the player, but loses its soul - Wednesday May 2, 2007 2:41PM

"The Pats have the league's best owners, head coach, quarterback and, on paper, the most formidable roster heading into the 2007 season.
What the Patriots no longer have, as of this past weekend, is the moral high ground.

That's what happens when you trade for the league's most gutless quitter ..."

Then tell your coach to win with honor and lose with class. He cant seem to figure out either. Oh wait, i guess the other 31 teams that would have put it on a knee there must have been wrong.:rolleyes:

What the hell has brought you out of the cave again?

There are lots of ways to be classless; the Dolphins certainly showed their own loudmouthed brand on Sunday, and the Colts do in their own way, such as their coach's arrogant and purposeless sanctimony. There is no moral high ground in football.

GFY, you filthy dolt fanboy hayseed troll scum maggot. You're lucky that the mods are on vacation. If you ever bothered to learn the truth about your owner & GM, you would know what being classless truly is, you effin jerkoff.

ding ding ding we have BINGO!!!!!....After watching our D let the doofins march right back up the field after each time we scored....and you can't see the need to add some insurance points on ...just and case they fold like an old aluminum chair again....then you are ignorant.....

Last year we piled it on alot......and ran up scores due to people questioning BB's coaching abilities....after everyone idiotically figured "Well it's because of BB's "cheating"...that is the only reason for the Pats success.." He wanted to rub everyone's nose in it......Game against the doofins....hardly running up the score.....Silver is a douche bag.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes