PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Signs of the Trade-pocalypse: Official thread for speculation on WTF is going down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Signs of the Trade-pocalypse: Official thread for speculation on WTF is going dow

quentin groves from the jags

His name popped up when I was going thru a list I made of teams that might be willing to trade..

Here is my list of possibl teams

1. Browns - do both coaches carry a big enough grudge not to act on a fair trade?
2. Jaguars - Groves
3. Titans - Bullock.. He's in his last year.. Tall enough but kinda light
4. K.C. - Larry Johnson or one of their LB's
5. Raiders - Bush
6. Bucs - Rudd
7. St.Louis - Jackson.. I really don't know if they actually have anyone else that could even earn a roster spot..

Re: Signs of the Trade-pocalypse: Official thread for speculation on WTF is going dow

Here are a few names that could be available (total speculation)

49ers - Manny Lawson

Dallas - Anthony Henry

KC - Bowe, Tamba Hali

Oakland - Javon Walker, Thomas Howard

Lions - Ernie Sims

Packers - Aaron Kampman

Redskins - London Fletcher

Falcons - Jamaal Anderson

Re: Adalius + TBC= Forthcoming Trade

Many here think Faulk doesn't have much left. HOWEVER, my point was that we could extend Green and Faulk to get some needed cap money WHETHER OR NOT the team has any plans for them after 2009. I was not trying to start a discussion of the value of Faulk and Green for 2010 and 2011.

But they can't really. Between the two of them, they could probably free up about 2M max. And thats going to increase liabilities next year. Almost any deal either one of them would accept is going to increase next year's cap liability by more than it saves this year.

Here are a few names that could be available (total speculation)

49ers - Manny Lawson

Dallas - Anthony Henry

KC - Bowe, Tamba Hali

Oakland - Javon Walker, Thomas Howard

Lions - Ernie Sims

Packers - Aaron Kampman

Redskins - London Fletcher

Falcons - Jamaal Anderson

The Packers, Falcons, and Dallas are all in contention. Half the players on your list are young, so they're not going anywhere. Why the hell would KC trade Bowe? He's their best receiver and he just turned 25.

Poop, meet fan. If that happens, this board will be nuttier than the day Brady went down.

I'd say half the board commits suicide, the other buys tickets for the superbowl.

still, i dont know how they'd block everyone, especially with our safety play

Imagine Meriweather coming in on a safety blitz on the same side peppers is rushing from?

I'd say half the board commits suicide, the other buys tickets for the superbowl.

still, i dont know how they'd block everyone, especially with our safety play

Imagine Meriweather coming in on a safety blitz on the same side peppers is rushing from?

Imagining things like that will do your blood pressure no good. None at all.

The Packers, Falcons, and Dallas are all in contention. Half the players on your list are young, so they're not going anywhere. Why the hell would KC trade Bowe? He's their best receiver and he just turned 25.

Kampman has looked out of place in Caper's defense, and Clay Matthews just started and played great

Jamaal Anderson and Manny Lawson have both completely underwhelmed - if we traded either of them AD they might feel like they're getting veteran leadership for their up and coming defenses, and per PFT everyone on KC's roster except for Cassel is on the trading block.

Haley actually threatened Bowe that he'd trade him during the redskins game if he didnt get his head in the game

also, i don't really believe any of these guys will be coming here, as i mentioned before, my earlier post is total speculation

Imagining things like that will do your blood pressure no good. None at all.

I'm guessing it would do the same for opposing left tackles and qb's haha

Kampman has looked out of place in Caper's defense, and Clay Matthews just started and played great

Jamaal Anderson and Manny Lawson have both completely underwhelmed - if we traded either of them AD they might feel like they're getting veteran leadership for their up and coming defenses, and per PFT everyone on KC's roster except for Cassel is on the trading block.

Haley actually threatened Bowe that he'd trade him during the redskins game if he didnt get his head in the game

also, i don't really believe any of these guys will be coming here, as i mentioned before, my earlier post is total speculation
Again, AD adds 7.2M to the cap if we trade him. He's not going anywhere.

Now there is too much smoke not to be a fire somewhere

We cut 3 players, Galloway, Mathewes and Alexader, and maybee banta cain...??

It looks like we will bring up one of the Pup guys... ( Tate)...

but who knows after that..

I don't understand the peppers talk. If we wanted apass rushing DE, wouldn't we have just kept Seymour?

I think you can bank on BOTH the PUPpies being active by week 8.

I don't understand the peppers talk. If we wanted apass rushing DE, wouldn't we have just kept Seymour?

in the Pats 3-4 Peppers would stand up

in the Pats 3-4 Peppers would stand up

Really, this rumour is fun, but there's just not enough cash to make this deal and moreover, if they're not extending the big names yet until the future is clearer, they're not bringing in a guy with more cash on the books than some of our bigger name players.

Maybe. The Pats could re-signed TBC and Alexander and activate Tate and LeVoir and be back at even. But the timing of everything is just too strange.

Really, this rumour is fun, but there's just not enough cash to make this deal and moreover, if they're not extending the big names yet until the future is clearer, they're not bringing in a guy with more cash on the books than some of our bigger name players.

right now his cap hit is around 11 mil since we're in week 7

(6mil off the ridunkulous 17mil the Panthers paid him)

Again, AD adds 7.2M to the cap if we trade him. He's not going anywhere.

I understand that, but with the release of galloway, matthews, tbc, and alexander we did just free up over 2 million, and i believe we had 5 mil in cap room anyway.

its not impossible

Maybe. The Pats could re-signed TBC and Alexander and activate Tate and LeVoir and be back at even. But the timing of everything is just too strange.

Right, theres definitely something going on, but its not AD or Peppers. Theres too much cap issues with those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST