PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Signs of the Trade-pocalypse: Official thread for speculation on WTF is going down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Signs of the Trade-pocalypse: Official thread for speculation on WTF is going dow

Maybe it's just me but i'd love the deadline to be like week 10 or 11 and give teams some cap releif or something to make trade time intersting cause in the NFL it never is

Re: Signs of the Trade-pocalypse: Official thread for speculation on WTF is going dow

i hear that BB is talking to LT about a come back im not sure he is old a nuff to start at OLB for the pats lol

I really think it's because Belichick is doing a majority switch to 4-3, knows he isn't paying Adalius next year, and wants to get value back right now (similar to the rationale for the Seymour trade).

We play lots of nickel and dime this year, with our plentiful DB's, an offense which should give us the lead usually, and at linebacker play Mayo and Guyton.

Other than that, the D is fine with the 4-3 using Mayo, Guyton, and Burgess (who played a ton last game).

Like with Seymour, the value isn't there to pay a guy you're not going to put on the field a lot, thus a trade for future value.

I dont know why we played 34 last game if we are converting to 43. Burgess play LB in the 34, I don't think there is any way he would be a LB in a 43 set.

Galloway to Ravens for a draft pick then used to bring Branch over from Seattle ... a second-rounder to the LaClassians for Merriman ... AD to someone for a running back ... Willie McGinest is rejuvenated by HGH and signs for the veteran minimum ... a homesick Pioli returns to Foxboro ... Ty Law signs for the final nine games ...

Oh, I just woke up. What a weird dream.

Galloway to Ravens for a draft pick then used to bring Branch over from Seattle ... a second-rounder to the LaClassians for Merriman ... AD to someone for a running back ... Willie McGinest is rejuvenated by HGH and signs for the veteran minimum ... a homesick Pioli returns to Foxboro ... Ty Law signs for the final nine games ...

Oh, I just woke up. What a weird dream.

Much like throwback unis that sounds like a throwback dream

Maybe it's just me but i'd love the deadline to be like week 10 or 11 and give teams some cap releif or something to make trade time intersting cause in the NFL it never is

I can see the appeal, but I find baseball's fire-sale approach with the late trade deadline kind of distasteful. It makes a bunch of teams admit to their fans that they've officially given up, with a third of the season left to play. (What would the 5-5 Patriots have done in 2001?) It makes for lots of short-term mercenaries, decreasing fan loyalty. And somehow it just seems like a cheap way out of team-building.

Also, if I were the NFLPA I would be very, very wary of the way such a change would affect teams' cap planning. An annual supply of franchise players available late-season from losing teams would be a huge incentive for teams not to spend near the cap.

Steve Smith has been quiet in Carolina this season statistically. He could stretch the field opposite Moss nicely.

Galloway gets axed. Another sign of the Trade-pocalypse.

Re: Adalius + TBC= Forthcoming Trade

This means nothing. That said, there is NO WAY we're dealing AD and there's really no way we're dealing AD and TBC. This stuff is silly.

we can't afford to trade AD. We don't have the cap space, and theres no real way to get it.

Extensions to Green and Faulk might come close (even if the plan is to cut them after the season). There is cap room available if the team wishes to use it.

we can't afford to trade AD. We don't have the cap space, and theres no real way to get it.

Last edited:

A faulk extension might come close.

Interesting thought. He certainly seems to have a bazillion miles left on the tires...

I'm just excited to find out what BB looks like when he's surprised. I'd guess it's something like this...

91347302.jpg

A faulk extension might come close.

Trading AD increases his cap number by $7.2M. Extending Faulk gets you what, $1.5? We're just about $5M under(pre seau, etc), but that puts us right at the limit, and you really can't be any closer than 2M or so, in case of injuries.

Extensions to Green and Faulk might come close (even if the plan is to cut them after the season). There is cap room available if the team wishes to use it.

Cut Faulk after this season? Did I just read that correctly?

It's truly the end of the world! Fire and Brimstone!

Eric Alexander is gone now too..

TBC, Alexander, and Galloway..

A trade is definitely in the works.

Now Matthews is cut? The four horsemen, I tell ya...

Well I would say trade pocalypse, they either had to play or trade or cut him at this point. And it doesn't seem like the want to play him.

It's truly the end of the world! Fire and Brimstone!

Eric Alexander is gone now too..

TBC, Alexander, and Galloway..

A trade is definitely in the works.

Sorry, Alexander? Didn't hear that one...

Many here think Faulk doesn't have much left. HOWEVER, my point was that we could extend Green and Faulk to get some needed cap money WHETHER OR NOT the team has any plans for them after 2009. I was not trying to start a discussion of the value of Faulk and Green for 2010 and 2011.

Cut Faulk after this season? Did I just read that correctly?

Sorry, Alexander? Didn't hear that one...

per 98.5

10 chars

quentin groves from the jags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back