PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Signs of the Trade-pocalypse: Official thread for speculation on WTF is going down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Signs of the Trade-pocalypse: Official thread for speculation on WTF is going dow

Yeah, one more guy i just thought of is Buster Davis, the Chargers WR - appears to be a giant bust but who knows maybe he just needs a change of scenery

Good call, he could just be stuck behind a group of good receivers too.

Re: Signs of the Trade-pocalypse: Official thread for speculation on WTF is going dow

What about Derrick Brooks? He hasn't signed with anyone yet. TBC cut is a head scratcher for me.

That's most likely the case.

BB has not made a single mid-season trade ever since he got here in 2000. Of course there's always a first, but...

cough.....Doug Gabriel for a 5th rounder......cough.......

As I say to my wife "prepare to be under whelmed"

LMFAO
:rofl::ugh:

Everyone I've talked to tonight so far seems to think the TBC release is temporary and we'll see him back in the not too distant future.

Several others seem to think a trade is unlikely. So I guess add me to the "much ado about nothing" camp. :cool:

So this move is made for what reason in particular???????

Are they testing their new fax machines and wanted to find out if the toner worked?

Last edited:

That was before the first game in 2006.

Good list, sparked my interest. I would not be surprised if Curtis is brought in, he could really help them.

Curtis...he of the Concussions and Hernia?

Last edited:

according to PFW (so take it with a grain of salt) Ernie Sims is available...

honestly if we could get him, he might be worth going to a 4-3 here - him guyton and mayo as a 4-3 line would be unreal

here's the link for the pfw trade chatter: ProFootballWeekly.com - Trade chatter goes into high gear

Gabriel was acquired right before the season, though. It was like the week before the first game.

Who's on our farm team thats worth anything (raiders). Thought i read somewhere that they will trade anyone on that team except the cb whos name I wont even attempt to spell..

I think BB is getting ready to rip Al Davis off yet again.

That was before the first game in 2006.

Correct. My memory failed me. It just seemed that he was an in-season trade to me.

Who's on our farm team thats worth anything (raiders). Thought i read somewhere that they will trade anyone on that team except the cb whos name I wont even attempt to spell..

I think BB is getting ready to rip Al Davis off yet again.

Thomas Howard or Zach Miller would be cool

according to PFW (so take it with a grain of salt) Ernie Sims is available...

honestly if we could get him, he might be worth going to a 4-3 here - him guyton and mayo as a 4-3 line would be unreal

here's the link for the pfw trade chatter: ProFootballWeekly.com - Trade chatter goes into high gear

The name in that article that jumps out to me is Keith Bulluck of the Titans. Not a pass-rusher, but an active LB who I've always really liked. If the Titans really do want to rebuild and are willing to deal, I'd trade for that guy.

The name in that article that jumps out to me is Keith Bulluck of the Titans. Not a pass-rusher, but an active LB who I've always really liked. If the Titans really do want to rebuild and are willing to deal, I'd trade for that guy.

I really like Bulluck too, but I'd prefer Sims only because he's much younger, and I believe Bulluck is in the last year of his contract - if we're only talking about this year i'd prefer bulluck, just don't think it'd be worth what we'd be giving up

Thomas Howard or Zach Miller would be cool

...or Michael Bush?

why on god's earth would the chargers trade merriman to the patriots. theres no way they're trading a guy who is capable of being a game changer to a team that is on top of a list of teams who they are competing with on a yearly basis to make the super bowl

As I say to my wife "prepare to be under whelmed"

Underrated post.

why on god's earth would the chargers trade merriman to the patriots. theres no way they're trading a guy who is capable of being a game changer to a team that is on top of a list of teams who they are competing with on a yearly basis to make the super bowl

If steroids are part of the trade I will agree with you, but he hasn't had a sack since 2007 and is just not the same player.

How about Seymour from the Raiders for a 2nd round pick.

I think this is all part of the resurgence of the big nickel that Belichick has gone back to. More and more we are nearing the defense that we had in 2001. A great DL ... a great inside linebacker and a quick and nasty secondary.

So what are we missing?

We are missing 1 DE/LB who can set the edge.
If a trade happens it will be for someone who can set the edge is my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News