PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sign the Beast XIX: RB DeMarco Murray - Let's make this happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy lol

Demarco Murray is good but a bit overrated. That Oline was a huge part of his production.

There are elite running backs out there. I just don't think Murray is one of them. Just imagine the yards Blount would put up if he was running behind that Dallas line. It would pretty much look like what he does to the Colts but on a consistent basis.

Get Potroast and Hardy in here. I know we wouldn't sign Hardy but if we got those 2 our front 7 would be top 3 in the league

2004 Corey Dillon says hello.

Speaking of Corey, he got $4.5m from the Patriots 12 years ago, so... I don't think BB is opposed to paying $6m for one of the top RBs in football.

Along with his cost and the question of how much of his success was due to a strong line, he ran the ball a ton last year -- I'd be concerned about the impact that might have had on him. He also fumbles more than Belichick would like.

I'd be pissed off if the Patriots signed Murray, even for $4-5 million/year. He had 1 good year behind a ridiculously good o-line. I don't trust him to be worth it at all.

hell no

murray is the product of a great o-lin.e he will be forgotten when he goes to the jags.

If Murray wanted 1/2 of that money, it wouldn't be happening here.
1800 yd RB who can catch the ball for $4.5m? I think BB would explore that one a little. 50/50.

1800 yd RB who can catch the ball for $4.5m? I think BB would explore that one a little. 50/50.

Possibly. It's hard to say with Murray. He has been very injury prone (first 2 seasons), and very prone to fumbling when healthy (last 2 seasons). That said, he has improved overall the past 2 years in my opinion.

I'm not sure what to think, but yes---I think you're right that Belichick would explore it. I just don't know if the RBBC system is by design, or done out of necessity due to a lack of real bell-cow back? If it's the former, then Belichick may not pay anyone close to 5m a year.

Possibly. It's hard to say with Murray. He has been very injury prone (first 2 seasons), and very prone to fumbling when healthy (last 2 seasons). That said, he has improved overall the past 2 years in my opinion.

I'm not sure what to think, but yes---I think you're right that Belichick would explore it. I just don't know if the RBBC system is by design, or done out of necessity due to a lack of real bell-cow back? If it's the former, then Belichick may not pay anyone close to 5m a year.

Murray had 392 carries for 1800 yards in 16 games last season. Spin that any way you want but...

Murray does put the ball on the ground so that would be a worry.

He's a one cut and go guy. Good hands. Plays tough.

I think BB would have a bellcow runner if he needed one. At this point, he doesn't. Murray would be a luxury- and a very talented one at that who might be underutilized here.

No way in hell this happens. Ridley comes back before this, which I wouldn't be apposed to. That said, spiller and Moreno are both good options, and both players that have shown well against us (one of those BB things, to go with cast offs drafted high).

Speaking of Corey, he got $4.5m from the Patriots 12 years ago, so... I don't think BB is opposed to paying $6m for one of the top RBs in football.

I think he is absolutely opposed to this because of the running backs he let walk for much less money the past few years and realized you can make up for the lack of a running game with scrappy little wide outs and gargantuan tight ends.

I think the Patriots could definitely use a guy like DeMarco Murray, I really don't see Blount to be solid for us the whole season, he is not a game changer, and Ridley, well he hasn't been good for us so far and most likely the Patriots will not resign him.
I'd say since we cleared enough cap space for Revis, might as well get him and run the ball down teams throats.

I also would like to see us sign Spiller, he would fit on our system well and he will probably be even better than Shane.

Too fragile. Not interested.

Murray wants $9m a year. Not happening
I was going to say, I'd love to get Murray, but I can't imagine he'd take what the Pats are willing to offer to become part of their running back by committee arsenal. What is going on with Ridley?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents